James Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited about this one... if he stays fit, I think he'll be key for us in the final playoff push. Really think he could make the difference.

Not sure who you'd drop for him, but I do think he'll go straight into the starting lineup (if he's match fit?). Waggy seems to be the most obvious one to drop, but is on really good form (possibly best out of the whole team!) so it's a tough one.

Think it might be Dyer out. Pretty sure I've seen Vaughan play on the left for Everton before.

My original team in the pre match thread:

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

Oakley
Wellens
King

Gallagher
Howard
Waghorn

Now I reckon ....

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

Oakley
Wellens
King

Gallagher
Vaughan
Waghorn

I'm hard for James Vaughan.

Last edited:
Waggy seems to be the most obvious one to drop, but is on really good form (possibly best out of the whole team!) so it's a tough one.

Really? For me been in decent form recently, but nowhere near that of Morrison or Bruno.

I dunno, I often find Andy King syndrome with Waggy, never really notice him doing much, he's just... there.

Last edited:
I do not remember any rumours about James vaughan coming. There is no doubt that the present management run a very tight ship - nobody leaks anything.#
The fact that Vaughan has been with some of the Young England teams and has played Premiership football presumably means he has talent. His being injury prone should not be a problem for a loan player since he would not have been signed if he was not fit at the moment.
I was looking forward to watching our previous two signings and it says something for the regular starting XI that we have not really had much chance to see Bruce and Solano. I hope we will see more of James Vaughan.

#except hash

You could say the same thing about Trevor Benjamin. And Tommy Wright.

But at that level, Tommy Wright was played out of position. As a natural right-back, he made a decent attempt to change his game to that of a striker.

Trevor was, is, and ever will be, a legend. Sh*t, but a legend.

Welcome to Leicester James ;)

"As for Vaughan, on his first day Robbie Neilson hit him in the face with the ball, leaving him with a nose bleed, so that wasn't the best of starts.
"But he looked quality in training and I am sure he is going to be a good signing for us."

I'm excited about this transfer it's the sort of signing where if it was for somebody else we'd have been asking why we weren't in the hunt for him ie (in my opinion) Boyd going to Forest. If he can stay injury free he's definately got the quality to make an impact for us.

Dropping waghorn for James Vaughan I think would be a bit pointless.

For one, Waggy's scored more for us this season and thus has already proven his worth, and Vaughan seems only one very small step of Waggy in his career, having achieved first-team rotation- and particularly when Everton were short on strikers...
For me there's no evidence to suggest that at this level Vaughan will do any better for us. That said I'm still dead excited :icon_razz

Some interesting facts about him

Vaughan was also a talented young sprinter, running the 100 metres in 11.5 seconds as a 13 year old, the third fastest time for his age in Britain

In a U-19's game against Switzerland, Vaughan came on as a second half substitute and scored a 90th minute goal with a header that won the match for England, 3-2.

You could say the same thing about Trevor Benjamin. And Tommy Wright.

I cannot remember Tommy Wright's Young England performances but I do remember Tricky Trevs.
Trevor was brought on as a substitute in an Under 21 match at Filbert Street. There was a tendency at the the time to include an appearance by a local player to please the fans. He was IMO never anywhere near good enough to play for the Under 21s. James Vaughan seems to have been in Under 21 squads on merit

Trever's poor technique has become legendary but he was by no means the worst striker Leicester have had and I am surprised that he cannot even get a League Two club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669