Speculation Jamie Vardy to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Even his finishing lacks a certain finesse that we have seen from newcomers like Anthony Martial. The goal against Palace wasn’t a sublime chip that went straight to the net, it was dink and run"

Lolz

That is ludicrous.

That is ludicrous.
My response to this kind of thing is always the same: if scoring loads of goals in the Premier League was easy, everyone would do it. Players like Steven Fletcher, Calton Cole, Mario Balotelli and Harry Kane wouldn't exist. Nobody scores ten goals in the Premier League through good fortune or dumb luck, ever.

Most of our best players move on to better teams. We are now the better team. :)

Some players have great pace. Some players have great skill.

Jamie Vardy is one of that rare breed that has both qualities in abundance.

The skill he showed when he bamboozled their defenders with his pace and trickery and Myhill deflected his shot on to the post was simply astonishing.

To score in 3 or four consecutive games at this level is outstanding.

To do it 8 games in a row is just absolutely awesome.

It's also nice to see the credit and respect he is getting, belatedly, in the media with the raft of articles in the past couple of weeks. But also the response on Twitter to him has shifted remarkably in the past 4-6 weeks.

Some players have great pace. Some players have great skill.

Jamie Vardy is one of that rare breed that has both qualities in abundance.

The skill he showed when he bamboozled their defenders with his pace and trickery and Myhill deflected his shot on to the post was simply astonishing.

To score in 3 or four consecutive games at this level is outstanding.

To do it 8 games in a row is just absolutely awesome.

There's a bloke in the Post Match thread that agrees with you!

And another thing.

He's got some bollocks.

To score a goal and celebrate with your arms outstretched just 10 feet away from the WBA fans, who are having to be restrained, really takes some bottle.

I like him more and more.

And another thing.

He's got some bollocks.

To score a goal and celebrate with your arms outstretched just 10 feet away from the WBA fans, who are having to be restrained, really takes some bottle.

I like him more and more.
We in the Kop are full of admiration when opposition players do that in front of us too.

Didn't like his celebration myself, but there we go.

He actually spots the guy ranting and changes direction just to wind him up . I remember nooge doing that against us I wasn't happy to say the least .

Standard response for a player coming up to 29 this season would be to take the opportunity for a big money move - as indeed would most clubs choose to cash in although in this case Fleetwood would get a slice of the proceeds.

If I was betting I would think that he will go at some point in the next 10 months. Hope not and certainly hope that it isn't in January.

Standard response for a player coming up to 29 this season would be to take the opportunity for a big money move - as indeed would most clubs choose to cash in although in this case Fleetwood would get a slice of the proceeds.

If I was betting I would think that he will go at some point in the next 10 months. Hope not and certainly hope that it isn't in January.

Was thinking about it this morning. The club need to keep him until the summer at least. It's also possible he will get a nice big contract bump from us and decide to stay.

I think if Liverpool or Arsenal come in for him we've had it. United won't sign an Englishman and Spurs aren't big enough to tempt him. And he's not quite at Man City's level.

After the 5-3 defeat of Man. Utd. last year I read a comment from a bitter Utd. fan saying that Vardy would be back in the lower divisions this year and everyone would have forgotten him. Wonder what that bloke has to say now that Vardy alone is only a few goals shy of United's total for the season.

After the 5-3 defeat of Man. Utd. last year I read a comment from a bitter Utd. fan saying that Vardy would be back in the lower divisions this year and everyone would have forgotten him. Wonder what that bloke has to say now that Vardy alone is only a few goals shy of United's total for the season.

He'll either be supporting Man City now or moaning about Mourinho's poor handling of his club.

Cannot see where Vardy would be interested in going, where he would be guaranteed first on the team sheet in whatever position he wants to play, adored by the fans and have a superb training, fitness and sports science backup that would protect him from injury.

Man City would not make him first choice, and I would like to think Vardy would not want to be a benchwarmer on £100,000 a week. If we stay in touch in the top half of the table, next year he may be given a similar contract to stay here anyway.

Would he want to be at Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich, if they came calling? Does not come across as a Beckham type cosmopolitan footballer.

If we do really well this season and the owners are good to their word he isn't going anywhere.

Why would he want to anyway?

Vardy is not going to turn down a top club to stay with us. It will be his one chance to earn a massive wage. Good luck to him too if he gets the chance.

Bet he doesn't go anywhere unless he smashes it at the Euros next year.

Unlikely from the wing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570