Speculation Jamie Vardy to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people judge footballers against normal people? £45k is obviously massive to any normal person but not to any half decent footballer. If someone offers him £10-20k more than we are willing to pay he's most likely going to take it. I personally don't think any top club will take the gamble anyway. Same with Mahrez.

Why do people judge footballers against normal people? £45k is obviously massive to any normal person but not to any half decent footballer. If someone offers him £10-20k more than we are willing to pay he's most likely going to take it. I personally don't think any top club will take the gamble anyway. Same with Mahrez.

agree with the first bit but less so the second. Clubs have taken a gamble on worse players - see Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35m and Andy Carroll to West Aaaaam for £17m. A few years back Norridge spunked their entire budget on some player because he had a silly name like Wolfscock. Every year Liverpool spend their TV dollar on buying Southampton's first team.

agree with the first bit but less so the second. Clubs have taken a gamble on worse players - see Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35m and Andy Carroll to West Aaaaam for £17m. A few years back Norridge spunked their entire budget on some player because he had a silly name like Wolfscock. Every year Liverpool spend their TV dollar on buying Southampton's first team.
I see your point. Maybe I'm more hoping they won't take the gamble.

Footballers are people.

£45k a week is a lot of money regardless of whether you kick a football or bash a keyboard.

Sadly many of them are too thick to ensure they sustain this lifestyle after they finish playing.

Most Liverpool fan's dont want him judging by this.

Surprise? 55% of Liverpool fans reject Klopp's plan to sign 'fantastic' £15m goal-machine [Local Poll] | Liverpool-Kop.com
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2015/11/jamie-vardy-liverpool-fans-give-their-view.html?m=1

Some of the comments include SIDLFC

Vardy is your typical flavour of the month player and I would definitely not go for him. Something that Premier League clubs never seem to get the grasp of is sustainability. You need to sustain your form to be the best. Sure, Vardy is in great form right now and it could be argued that his confidence is what is carrying him on. What happens when he endures a slump? Will he be able to come back from it? Those are the questions we have never answered and hence players like Carroll, Downing and Adam have come and gone

Frank Worthington seems to

Last edited:
I think those are legitimate questions and I would be asking them myself if I was a Liverpool fan

There's a lot of arrogance present from teams that should be doing well in the premier league this season but aren't and in most cases haven't done well for decades.

I think those are legitimate questions and I would be asking them myself if I was a Liverpool fan
I understand the point. I do, however, disagree in Vards' case. He started a hot streak in the championship. When we got promoted, the hot streak closed a bit. Vardy had a hard first season.

However in that first season, his head did not drop and he was doing the running he is doing now - but with less chances. I think he'd be less of a risk for Liverpool than people think

I understand the point. I do, however, disagree in Vards' case. He started a hot streak in the championship. When we got promoted, the hot streak closed a bit. Vardy had a hard first season.

However in that first season, his head did not drop and he was doing the running he is doing now - but with less chances. I think he'd be less of a risk for Liverpool than people think

A couple of years ago he was ready to give up the game as things weren't going well. I believe he has past that stage given the support he has with us, both from the fans and management. I'm not so sure the so called top clubs would give him the support we have. It would be very easy for them to drop him and bring in someone else very quickly.

I'd be surprised if he was given the opportunity to perform as he does for us given our style of play which focuses on his strengths.

Watching the national team sums up how many of the top clubs want to play, steadily working forward then passing across the edge of the area looking for the perfect pass or shot on goal.
Personally I love our style and wish I could watch more teams want to attack like us. It makes the game much more exciting.

I think Vardy is at his best when he's got plenty of space in front of him and is running with the ball toward the goal, when he's taking the pressure of us or when the game is flowing back and forth. At Anfield most away teams tend to play with a lower back four and their attacking seems to consist of crosses for Benteke. I think he'd do ok there but I think he's better suited playing for a team like ours.

Edit: reading Tommy's post below, maybe Vardy would work better in a Klopp side, I haven't seen Liverpool much recently.

I'd be surprised if he was given the opportunity to perform as he does for us given our style of play which focuses on his strengths.

Watching the national team sums up how many of the top clubs want to play, steadily working forward then passing across the edge of the area looking for the perfect pass or shot on goal.
Personally I love our style and wish I could watch more teams want to attack like us. It makes the game much more exciting.

I disagree, I think we'll see more and more team playing like us. You only have to look at the Spurs side and how Liverpool have started playing under Klopp to see examples. Pressing from the front, lots of pressure on the ball.

Also, there seems to be a move away from the traditional 4-4-2 at the moment. We less teams playing two out and out strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566