Speculation Jamie Vardy to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy is not going to turn down a top club to stay with us. It will be his one chance to earn a massive wage. Good luck to him too if he gets the chance.

I think the game has changed a bit. With the new TV money, most clubs can afford next season to pay "Massive wages". I think even nowadays Vardy would stay for X if Y is only X+30,000 taxed. if you're earning 70k, what difference does that 30k make for such a risk (and yes, I think Vardy to anywhere else except perhaps Liverpool is a huge risk becuase of their pressing. No other team plays like we do at the moment.)

Standard response for a player coming up to 29 this season would be to take the opportunity for a big money move - as indeed would most clubs choose to cash in although in this case Fleetwood would get a slice of the proceeds.

If I was betting I would think that he will go at some point in the next 10 months. Hope not and certainly hope that it isn't in January.
I think this might actually work in our favour. I'm not sure the so called big clubs will pay big money for a 29 year old. His pace won't last forever and so those clubs will be reluctant to pay the 20m plus it might take to tempt the owners and Jamie himself.

So we get to keep him until his legs go.

Give him a 3 year contract extension and as much money he wants.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You know what for the first time in our history we have owners who are incredibly ambitious.

If they are to succeed in their goal of breaking into the top six then we can't and won't be selling our best players.

What is to stop our club being an established top six side?

By who's standards? Normal people's? Or an England international who happens to be the top scorer in the league?
He is amazing at the minute and reaping the benefits of a team centred around him. However, it is only 10 games or so. He could fall off again, he might suffer a crisis of confidence if he does. He needs to prove it for longer if he's to go to a bigger club.

I think the game has changed a bit. With the new TV money, most clubs can afford next season to pay "Massive wages". I think even nowadays Vardy would stay for X if Y is only X+30,000 taxed. if you're earning 70k, what difference does that 30k make for such a risk (and yes, I think Vardy to anywhere else except perhaps Liverpool is a huge risk becuase of their pressing. No other team plays like we do at the moment.)

This equates to roughly £1.5m per year extra, over, say, a 3 year contract. Plus all the extra endorsement money that would come from playing for a bigger club. That's a fair amount extra, for a 28 year old who hasn't had 5-10 years of earning Premier League money.

I, personally, think there's a very limited market out there for Vardy, due to his age and his relatively short period of performing at the top level, so I don't necessarily think it will happen. But let's not kid ourselves, if a bigger club comes along and is willing to pay him a significant amount more, he'll go.

Nobody will pay more than us

By who's standards? Normal people's? Or an England international who happens to be the top scorer in the league?
I've absolutely no idea what Vardy is earning. Your assertion made it appear that you did so I fancied finding out.

I remember when Vardy first joined us I heard a rumor that he was on 17K a week. That was a good 4 years ago. He must be on 30K now if not more.

If we keep winning and we're in the top 6 come January then its a huge gamable for him to leave before the Euros. I can see him leaving in the summer if he continues though. In fact, next summer I can see us going through what Southampton did in the transfer market.

I remember when Vardy first joined us I heard a rumor that he was on 17K a week. That was a good 4 years ago. He must be on 30K now if not more.

When Peter Taylor was manager we had players on £30,000+ a week. There's way more money coming from the TV deal now, so I expect more of our first team to be on at least that much. In the summer it was reported that Vardy is on £45,000 a week.

Perhaps if Vardy goes to a big club he might win the PFA Fans player of the month when he clearly deserves it.

Sanchez has apparently won for October and ManU's Martial won in September. So obviously no big team bias going on. ;)

The only thing wrong with society is that many people are ****s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570