Speculation Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me why we would sign Vardy? I get the idea of signing a lump in the Howard mould, although I don't like it: but, what would Vardy add that Vassell, Waghorn, Schlupp and Hopper do not possess?

Can anyone tell me why we would sign Vardy? I get the idea of signing a lump in the Howard mould, although I don't like it: but, what would Vardy add that Vassell, Waghorn, Schlupp and Hopper do not possess?

He might be better than them?

He might be better than them?

Of course he might: but I cannot see that he is especially quick, that his shooting power is outstanding, that his placement is particularly great. I was hoping somebody would have an argument that isn't based upon, "but he scored thirty goals last season!" :102:

He does appear to be a regular goalscorer, albeit at a lower level. Vassell & Waghorn are not. Schlupp and Hopper might at some time in the future, but we don't know if they will. Seems a reasonable punt.

Of course he might: but I cannot see that he is especially quick, that his shooting power is outstanding, that his placement is particularly great. I was hoping somebody would have an argument that isn't based upon, "but he scored thirty goals last season!" :102:

Have you seen him play extensively to make statements like this? I haven't. But then, we're not the ones doing the scouting. How am I supposed to know how good he is when I've never seen him play? As long as our management have scouted him properly and decided he'll improve our squad, that's good enough for me.

Of course he might: but I cannot see that he is especially quick, that his shooting power is outstanding, that his placement is particularly great.

Your judgement is based on what, exactly ?

Have you seen him play extensively to make statements like this? I haven't. But then, we're not the ones doing the scouting. How am I supposed to know how good he is when I've never seen him play? As long as our management have scouted him properly and decided he'll improve our squad, that's good enough for me.

I did not say that he wasn't any of those things, I said that, from what I have seen (TV highlights and uTube) he does not appear to have any great attributes. I know that some people on this board watch teams in the lower leagues and might have actually seen him. They may then be able to add something constructive about his abilities.

Surely, if we are just going to play, "the manager says Vardy is good", Jeff may as well shut the site down: besides, this is still rumour; how do we know that Pearson and crew do not think Vardy to be the worst player in football history?

I did not say that he wasn't any of those things, I said that, from what I have seen (TV highlights and uTube) he does not appear to have any great attributes. I know that some people on this board watch teams in the lower leagues and might have actually seen him. They may then be able to add something constructive about his abilities.

Surely, if we are just going to play, "the manager says Vardy is good", Jeff may as well shut the site down: besides, this is still rumour; how do we know that Pearson and crew do not think Vardy to be the worst player in football history?

No-one knows whether he'll be a success above the conference level.

But as has been repeated, very few signings will both want to come to us and be available who are proven Championship 20+ goalscorers. So we have to take a chance somewhere; why not someone who is clearly a goalscorer.

Which game was that - I've seen him play for Fleetwood 6 or 7 times this season and I can tell you that he has more pace than anyone we've got at the moment

Placement is not great? - I've seen him score from the halfway line this season if that's any good

Apparently can play as a winger as well as a striker. Has had a lot of League clubs taking notice of his exploits for Fleetwood. Something like 34 in 38 games. This could be just the sort of 'diamond in the rough' signing' you'd expect from Nigel Pearson. Jermaine Beckford did well for Leeds after making the step up from non-league so you never know. Rather than bitching about it, let's give the lad a chance to prove he can be successful at this level too. On the surface it looks like a bit of a gamble but I'd wager Nigel has had him scouted enough to know that he thinks he has the ability to make the step up..

Which game was that - I've seen him play for Fleetwood 6 or 7 times this season and I can tell you that he has more pace than anyone we've got at the moment

Not according to YouTube he hasn't

You clearly know nothing about him :018:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vardy Beckford Nugent Marshall up front would be pretty lethal. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687