Confirmed Transfer Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know many people who have watched Vardy regularly (i live in Blackpool) everyone gives glowing reports, i know my Blackpool supporting mates are upset they did not try for him and theres an "interesting responseto the signing in the local Blackpool Gazette (basically slagging us off ie Vardys not worth that much, Leicesters going down etc etc blah blah, i had my reservations about stepping up in quality but his pace and workrate will be as good in the Championship and if he scores 15-20 goals next year we have ourselves a bargain

dp -too true blue.imagine little blackpool suggesting the foxes won"t get success by spending loads.What exactly will you be doing at 3pm tomorrow?
A tiny touch of humility?

We're all way ahead of you there, Durham is trying to set it up for me to grab a feel of her diddies

Very nice.Goes without saying.But honestly there does seem to be a factory somewhere that turns out footballers girlfriends to a pretty precise template.Shows how the game has changed though when non-league players can afford one.

Very nice.Goes without saying.But honestly there does seem to be a factory somewhere that turns out footballers girlfriends to a pretty precise template.Shows how the game has changed though when non-league players can afford one.

I couldn't give a bollocks about 'the game', my only interest is if they're real or not. Hayley and Jamie understand where I'm coming from, my only interest in her diddies is purely science. We (as in we, collectively, not me frapping myself senseless) are just interested in whether they're real or not. We have first hand testimony from Hayley, but I think it's only fair that we have a scientific consensus on this vital matter.

The times it has let us down is when it has been from the lower leagues, I'm very pessimistic indeed. I think this signing could make or break Pearson's second reign. Hope he does well but this is a massive step up.

You're not the only one but it never ceases to amaze me how many people on here are so quick to knock a player's confidence before he even kicks a ball for us.

We already know Vardy is well aware of what is written on this forum, hence the article in today's LM.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....y-ll-getting/story-16127808-detail/story.html

The actual headline in the printed article makes it clear he is already niggled by people questioning his ability to perform in the Championship.

How does anyone know, including the player himself, until he gives it a try? I, for one, will give him full support. It says a lot that he chose us and Nigel ahead of other interest. In the light of valuations of players such as Gareth Bale at over £36 miliion, £1 million for Jamie doesn't look excessive at all.

Welcome to Leicester, Jamie. Don't worry about what you read on here. The vast majority of Leicester fans will be fully behind you and wanting you to do well.

Have you not been reading? The amount of money that the Thais are leveraging against the club doesn't matter.
How you're paying for him is of little consequence. It's how much you're paying for a pub player.

Exhibit A m'lud........Stuart Fleetwood. Local lad, quick, good eye for goal, hard worker.
Played 8 times for Cardiff. Zero goals. Out of his depth.
Went to Forest Green, same Div as Fleetwood, scored 28 goals in 41 appearances.
Loaned to Brighton.....11 games, zero goals.

There's a chasm between the Championship and the Conference. Happy for Fleetwood though. Nice to see a lower league team getting a nice bundle in these hard economic times.

How you're paying for him is of little consequence. It's how much you're paying for a pub player.

Exhibit A m'lud........Stuart Fleetwood. Local lad, quick, good eye for goal, hard worker.

Well if it failed for Stuart then Jamie has no chance.

There's a chasm between the Championship and the Conference. Happy for Fleetwood though. Nice to see a lower league team getting a nice bundle in these hard economic times.

We are just trying to share the wealth. Buying a season ticket at the KP is effectively giving to charity. Without the giftaid.

Not too disappointed that he picked us over you then? ;)

Personally I don't know what to make of it. No doubt it's a lot of money but there are some examples who have made the step up and if I remember rightly he's had people like Mark Lawrenson raving about him in the past. In our time under MON we regularly picked up players from obscuriy and the lower leagues and it paid off dividends then. I think that's the best way, as they come with a hunger to succeed rather than that huge level of expectation to perform.

So far I've been pleased with our early transfer activity, brought in two well rated Man U academy players and this promising lad who will be hungry to prove that he can do the biz in the Championship - at the same time we've ditched players who are well passed their best and some of the the underperformers. We'll be better off in the long run.

Exhibit B: Ian Wright.
Exhibit C: Les Ferdinand
Exhibit D: Stan Collymore

You're not the only one but it never ceases to amaze me how many people on here are so quick to knock a player's confidence before he even kicks a ball for us.

We already know Vardy is well aware of what is written on this forum, hence the article in today's LM.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....y-ll-getting/story-16127808-detail/story.html

The actual headline in the printed article makes it clear he is already niggled by people questioning his ability to perform in the Championship.

How does anyone know, including the player himself, until he gives it a try? I, for one, will give him full support. It says a lot that he chose us and Nigel ahead of other interest. In the light of valuations of players such as Gareth Bale at over £36 miliion, £1 million for Jamie doesn't look excessive at all.

Welcome to Leicester, Jamie. Don't worry about what you read on here. The vast majority of Leicester fans will be fully behind you and wanting you to do well.
Well said, Filthy.

You're wasting your time: if Nigel Pearson signs a 4'6", 91 year old granny, with arthritis, to play in goal - it will be the signing of the century to most on here! :102: :icon_lol:

And if he signed Messi you'd say Pearson doesn't understand the hustle and bustle of the league.

Listen, I'm skeptical about Pearson too, but judging players you've never seen play before they have even kicked a ball for us isn't sensible and just damages your credibility. Just a thought like.

just damages your credibility.

He'd have to have some first.

You're wasting your time: if Nigel Pearson signs a 4'6", 91 year old granny, with arthritis, to play in goal - it will be the signing of the century to most on here! :102: :icon_lol:

Seriously TOF, your paranoia and blinkered attitude have turned you from a reasonable poster to a repetitive drone.

Please show me where anyone has said this is the signing of the century? If anything the general concencus is that this is a large gamble by NP, which closer aligns to your ceaseless whining.

We all get that you don't think NP is the man for the job; no need to completely exaggerate and embellish everything to justify your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566