January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Capaldi

In that case be prepared for big centre forwards muscling him off the ball, and flying wingers running rings around him. Assuming he does come your way of course.

Looking up for your boys DryDal. Well done, I notice things are better without JFH and Fowlup. What a surprise.

I assume any move for Capaldi would be wit the view of playing him on the left Wing. We wouldnt want to play him in his proper position.

Re: Capaldi

Looking up for your boys DryDal. Well done, I notice things are better without JFH and Fowlup. What a surprise.
Three points off the playoffs. :038: Worryingly still only 9 points above you guys and relegation too. 10 point penalty not ruled out yet, so this season can still go either way. Best of luck for 2008. Except on St David's Day of course.:icon_wink

The Tractor Boys renewed their interest in 26-year-old midfielder Norris as soon as the transfer window reopened.

However, the Pilgrims have reportedly valued their prize asset at £2million, due to the fact half of any transfer fee is likely to go to Bolton under the terms of Norris' transfer five years ago.

Town boss Jim Magilton is likely to make an improved offer for the player although Ian Holloway's Leicester are also tracking the situation.

Argyle are also facing the prospect of losing versatile England Under-19 midfielder Dan Gosling to Everton. The Toffees have been linked with the highly-rated 17-year-old for several months and are said to be lining up a January swoop. Gosling was not involved in the matchday 16 as Argyle lost 1-0 at Cardiff in the Championship on New Year's Day, fuelling speculation about his possible departure.

Doubt has also been cast over Manchester United winger Lee Martin's loan deal at Home Park. The 20-year-old has impressed with two goals in 12 league outings for the Greens, but could now be lured to Leicester or Wolves instead.

Other transfer business is close to being completed. Hungary midfielder Akos Buzsaky's loan deal at QPR is set to be made permanent for £500,000, while veteran striker Barry Hayles is costing Leicester £150,000, and some of that money will be used by Paul Sturrock to complete a permanent £210,000 deal for Wales striker Jermaine Easter, currently on loan from Wycombe.

Meanwhile, Argyle have reportedly tabled a bid for Exeter striker Jamie Mackie, who has been in fine scoring form in the Blue Square Premier this season. The 22-year-old has chipped in with 11 league goals for the eighth-placed Grecians.

Derby fan i work with said There are a couple of rumours that we are interested in teale and nyatanga(who has just gone back to derby from a loan spell)

These IMO are players that we MUST sign in order to become more competitive in the short term and start to utilise only the few plus points that exist in the current squad.

FULOP - 2m
David Norris 2m
Graham Kavanagh - free
Lee Martin - loan
Kris Commons - 1.2m
Tony Capaldi - 100k

That's just over 5 million, which is a lot, but without it we are sunk....and it's Milan's fault so he cant grumble

We can sell DJ Campbell, Mattock, Wesolowski and any of the other unreleased fringe players that are not currently pulling their weight if it helps balance the books slightly. We might get between 1 and 2 million for the lot.

We need to be left with a team that looks something like this

Fulop

Stearman
Kisnorbo
McAuley
Capaldi

Commons
Clemence
Norris
Martin

Howard
Hayles

Subs such as: Goalie, Hume, Fryatt, Kavanagh, Mattock

then we'll see where we are....

These IMO are players that we MUST sign in order to become more competitive in the short term and start to utilise only the few plus points that exist in the current squad.

FULOP - 2m
David Norris 2m
Graham Kavanagh - free
Lee Martin - loan
Kris Commons - 1.2m
Tony Capaldi - 100k

That's just over 5 million, which is a lot, but without it we are sunk....and it's Milan's fault so he cant grumble

We can sell DJ Campbell, Mattock, Wesolowski and any of the other unreleased fringe players that are not currently pulling their weight if it helps balance the books slightly. We might get between 1 and 2 million for the lot.

We need to be left with a team that looks something like this

Fulop

Stearman
Kisnorbo
McAuley
Capaldi

Commons
Clemence
Norris
Martin

Howard
Hayles

Subs such as: Goalie, Hume, Fryatt, Kavanagh, Mattock

then we'll see where we are....

And that is the future?! O dear!

FULOP - 2m
David Norris 2m
Graham Kavanagh - free
Lee Martin - loan
Kris Commons - 1.2m
Tony Capaldi - 100k

It's also just meaningless numbers... where have you got those figures from?

And Commons and Martin are both left wingers. If we're signing new players to fill positions we need, at least sign ones who actually play there.

Last edited:
Those costs are relative to those being quoted at the moment for each player.
the 2m for fulop is a compromise between the 1m offered and the 3million requested. Commons has been touted at just over 1m.
Norris is being chased for 1 or 1.5 so a bid of 2 would blow everyone else out of the water and help us get over the 'Plymouth' factor. If he wants him that much he'll push for it.
Martin and Commons can play in a variety of attacking positions and are both at least twice as good as any wide man we have at the club.
Another shout might be YEATES who now plays like a man possessed. we could do worse than look at him given that Colchester are even worse than us.

I used to be excited by transfer speculation but the recent years' LCFC experience has destroyed my belief and enthusiasm. We will end up with some more players, no doubt, but will they do the trick? I just hope Ollie can motivate them and come up with the sort of tactics that actually win us enough games to stay up. Happy New Year!

so do i.
i'm starting to believe that we could sign Ronaldinho and turn him into a nervous bag of sh*te. The atmosphere surrounding the walkers is like a black cloud. the crowd, bored into submission by years of dross, go through the motions leaving the players tentative and expectant of dissaproval. It's a massive culture of defeatism created by the bad players and managers. We need really strong additions, with in built confidence who hit the ground running an drag everyone with them. Anyone looking for a fresh start at Leicester or a 6-game easy introduction will just get sucked into the talent whirlpool we've created and be shat out the other end having added nothing.
I hope that ollie's the man, but it's not an easy job for either him or the new signings. Not a man amongst the current 11 (exempting Fulop) can realistically stake a claim to his place on merit. Even McAuley and Kisnorbo benefit from good reputations fortuitously - playing 7 defensive minded players will lead to a low goal against count - naturally. It's not all down to Kisnorbo and McAuley's proficient defending.
it's been a long time since leicester fans had any real heroes or battlers to get behind and who the players subsequently look to and rally around.
I mean , who is our 'look to' pass at the moment, our passing focal point - NO ONE. None of the players have any trust that a pass will be controlled and moved on - hence we play NO football whatsoever. it really is a sad state of affairs to watch.

Hopefully Ollie has spotted a good un. we don't need another honest no talent in awe of the championship. a bit of pace wouldn't go a miss either

Hopefully Ollie has spotted a good un. we don't need another honest no talent in awe of the championship. a bit of pace wouldn't go a miss either

Well lets hope so, looks like he has a good eye for talent, he found Buzacky and bought him to Plymouth, and he pulled the strings yesterday!

Well lets hope so, looks like he has a good eye for talent, he found Buzacky and bought him to Plymouth, and he pulled the strings yesterday!

As he is only there on loan, it is a shame he can't try to tempt him again. Although this may have been one of the players Holloway was on about when he said that QPR were competing for the same players we are (And I know he has been there on loan most of the season...)

As he is only there on loan, it is a shame he can't try to tempt him again. Although this may have been one of the players Holloway was on about when he said that QPR were competing for the same players we are (And I know he has been there on loan most of the season...)

No way Jose, QPR are sorting that out, as well as all the other signings they're making at the mo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69