January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
football rumours
Leicester manager has been given £4.5 million to spend during January transfer window and another £7.5 million in the Summer as Milan manderic wants preiership football within two seasons so they will sign.
rivaldo–£600, oo + hossaim kaebi– olympiAkos
Rasiak–£1.25 million – Southampton
Chris Baird–£1.5 million – Fulham
marton fulop–£2 million – Sunderland
kavanagh–£750,000 – Sunderland
Balde–£400,000 – Celtic
Scott Sinclair– loan end of season– Chelsea
mendes– loan two months – Portsmouth
plus 2 free transfers not sure of names though

this will allow 8 Leicester players being transfer listed but no names as of yet
all these 100 percent true, brother of Leicester academy player but carnt give a name. davey
:icon_bigg

football rumours :icon_bigg:icon_wink
I do not work at a ground or have a friend of a friend who knows a footballer or indeed live next dooe to or saw in a pub anyone famous relating to football. But. there is alot. of speculation about rivaldo going to a championship club it certainly is not Wednesday because we cannot afford his wages neither can the majority of the championship clubs but I expect it to be either Queens Park Rangers or Leicester

football rumours :icon_bigg:icon_wink
I do not work at a ground or have a friend of a friend who knows a footballer or indeed live next dooe to or saw in a pub anyone famous relating to football. But. there is alot. of speculation about rivaldo going to a championship club it certainly is not Wednesday because we cannot afford his wages neither can the majority of the championship clubs but I expect it to be either Queens Park Rangers or Leicester

He is looking at the property on the same Oadby estate as Cruyff, Hassan Sas, Javier Portillo, Lee Chapman and Jean Tigana

football rumours
Leicester City are ready to make a £1.2 million swoop for highly–rated midfielder Andrew Surman. The South–African born midfielder, 21, who can play both centrally and on the left, is said to be highly rated by City boss Ian Holloway, who is looking to strengthen his midfield following his sides disappointing slump down the table.
yes please :icon_bigg

football rumours
Leicester City are ready to make a £1.2 million swoop for highly–rated midfielder Andrew Surman. The South–African born midfielder, 21, who can play both centrally and on the left, is said to be highly rated by City boss Ian Holloway, who is looking to strengthen his midfield following his sides disappointing slump down the table.
yes please :icon_bigg

Hmmm would be a good signing, but hey not worth thinking about its football rumours.

football rumours
Leicester manager has been given £4.5 million to spend during January transfer window and another £7.5 million in the Summer as Milan manderic wants preiership football within two seasons so they will sign.
rivaldo–£600, oo + hossaim kaebi– olympiAkos

Rivaldo plays for AEK Athens....are they also interested in the Prince of Persil?

:102:

This is going to seem like a joke thread and if I was reading this I would agree. However I have heard First Hand today from an ex city Manager, still in the game, that Fulop is a done deal, a fee has been agreed and Fulop will be back before the end of jan. Keane needs fulop as his number two at present, as His reserve keeper has a back injury.

Also Hollaway has 4.5 Million to spend in the transfer window and 7.5 million in the summer.

The above I believe could quite possibly be true, the next part I am not so sure about, but Rivaldo is apparently coming to the championship with either QPR or Leicester prepared to splash out on wages.

All of this has come first hand, from a very reliable source. You can all give me grief but if any off the above turns out to be true

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/...ry=zsport&itemid=IPED11 Jan 2008 10:00:37:410

Jim confirms McAuley bid is rejected

11 January 2008 | 10:07

IPSWICH Town boss Jim Magilton today confirmed that he has had a bid for Leicester City defender Gareth McAuley rejected.

Magilton confirmed the move this morning while taking a break from preparing his side for tomorrow's Coca-Cola Championship match against fourth-placed Stoke City at Portman Road (kick off 3pm).

Having also had a one million pound plus offer for Plymouth midfield player David Norris also refused, Magilton said: “There are one or two other things going on but we must learn to be patient.

“I have watched Gareth play in the Northern Ireland side and have known him for a long while.

“He can play as a central defender and I have seen him do well at right back.

“We made a very good bid and we will be seeing over the weekend what our next step will be.

“Both McAuley and Norris will make us a better team and they are both still in our thoughts.”

Magilton confirmed that new club owner Marcus Evans is keeping a close touch on the January transfer window dealings.

Magilton said: “I give my recommendations to him and he either backs me or not.

“It is no different really to going to the board of directors as before. Mr Evans is involved but not in any other way than a club chairman would be.”

Last edited:
I wouldn't get rid of Kisnorbo or McAuley under any circumstances unless you got bids of at least £3-4m. You have to remember that they have been under enormous pressure because of the lack of quality with our full backs and the help from midfield. We've hardly attacked that much and always seem to be on the back foot. Once the balance has been addressed with proper midfielders in place then the pressure on the defence won't be as great.

I expect Ipswich to come back with an improved offer and if we sign Oakley we may well be looking to recoup some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58