Jarrett Deal Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
easy life eh!

Critic everything without offering an alternative. :icon_wink
Spot on Dunc. It's not my job, I don't know the world of football outside of Leicester City and to be honest, I don't care. I only know about what's in front of me on matchday, that's what I comment on.

Ive been to all 3 games he's played in, and IMO he's not done anything that warrants us to rush in and extend his loan period. He's obviously brilliant on the training pitch hence RK sorting a deal out. However anyone can be brilliant on the training pitch, but when it comes to 3pm on a Saturday or 7.45pm on a cold Tuesday night somewhere, then it matters, and for me he's not performed.

Still harsh to dump him after 3 games, all of which we've won. As posted elsewhere, if he goes back, then who do we play instead?

Still harsh to dump him after 3 games, all of which we've won. As posted elsewhere, if he goes back, then who do we play instead?

steven 'blow away in the wind' hughes. :icon_roll

i suppose you critics are right, we have got an abundance of midfielders to fill the gap

whats your alternative dunc?

keep JJ. I'm not saying there should be an alternative!

If in the summer we come across a player thats better then get the better one not JJ, but as it stands I can't think of anyone that LCFC can get that would be better.

Last edited:
I didn't actually realise that JJ had no more games to play for us, I thought he still had a couple left. In which case RK was probably right to keep him here.

I thought he made the decision with 2 games left for him to play

Only saw him for the Cov game, where he looked a long way short of being match fit - and was therefore struggling a bit in terms of control/awareness of the game

But one thing he did do was make a series of top-notch forward runs into space - the fact that not one player in our team saw them or played the ball through to him was symptomatic of the fact that we have not had a midfield player in our side who has done that in recent years. When they finally realise what he is doing, and pick his runs out, we will be able to judge what he can do

But he looks better than Hughes already, and Wesolowski is an injury prone nightmare who I suspect may never be capable of playing for us over a prolonged period.

We might as well keep the lad until the end of the year, and see what he is like once fully fit and once we have learnt how to play to his strengths. If he subsequently proves to be a bag of shit when he does get the ball in advanced places, then we just get rid.

What's there to lose ?

Still harsh to dump him after 3 games, all of which we've won.

I haven't said anywhere on this thread about dumping him !! IMHO he's done feck all to warrant an extended deal. But I've got no problem with JJ, and I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a good player for our club.

As posted elsewhere, if he goes back, then who do we play instead?

I think Steven Hughes is more than good enough to play in front of JJ along side AJ, SH was brilliant when he came on Tuesday night. He did more in the 45 mins he was on than JJ did all game.

Only saw him for the Cov game, where he looked a long way short of being match fit - and was therefore struggling a bit in terms of control/awareness of the game

But one thing he did do was make a series of top-notch forward runs into space - the fact that not one player in our team saw them or played the ball through to him was symptomatic of the fact that we have not had a midfield player in our side who has done that in recent years. When they finally realise what he is doing, and pick his runs out, we will be able to judge what he can do

But he looks better than Hughes already, and Wesolowski is an injury prone nightmare who I suspect may never be capable of playing for us over a prolonged period.

We might as well keep the lad until the end of the year, and see what he is like once fully fit and once we have learnt how to play to his strengths. If he subsequently proves to be a bag of shit when he does get the ball in advanced places, then we just get rid.

What's there to lose ?

exactly!!

I've only seen him against Cov, but I thought he played well.

He'll never win the plaudits because that's not his game. What he had was lots of energy a willingness to run forward to support and run back to help out. He broke up lots of Cov play by just getting stuck in, not just in our half but 35/40 ft from their goal line.

There were some loose balls and he fluffed a couple of chances, but who doesn't do that in our team!!!

People seemed to rate Yeates more, which amazed me as he did nothing and brought nothing except one good cross and one good corner. The rest of the time he looked slow and weak. He couldn't get round or beyond his man, when he did track back he got shurgged off pretty easily or was just too slow to stay with his man.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm not going to bother pointing out how midfielders getting beyond the forwards helps the team and creates space cause I am sure you know that.

So I'll take my opinion and go home cause its clearly wrong.

Post of the year so far..............:038: :038: :038: :038:

I haven't said anywhere on this thread about dumping him !! IMHO he's done feck all to warrant an extended deal. But I've got no problem with JJ, and I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a good player for our club.

I think Steven Hughes is more than good enough to play in front of JJ along side AJ, SH was brilliant when he came on Tuesday night. He did more in the 45 mins he was on than JJ did all game.

Pretty much all he has done all season though, the rest of the time he has been shite

JJs said himself though that he has barely played this season and isn't fully match fit and sharp yet, but the games will help him.

And as has been said, won all the games and not conceded a goal since he joined. That won't all be down to him, but surely he's played a part in that, even if that's not obvious?

To backtrack a tad, I do believe we still have a lot more to see from JJ.

I'm just worried that we have another Richard Stearman type of player where we just just keep hanging on and hanging on hoping that one day he'll come good

I've only seen him against Cov, but I thought he played well.

He'll never win the plaudits because that's not his game. What he had was lots of energy a willingness to run forward to support and run back to help out. He broke up lots of Cov play by just getting stuck in, not just in our half but 35/40 ft from their goal line.

Sounds like Muzzy Lennon!

I'm just worried that we have another Richard Stearman type of player where we just just keep hanging on and hanging on hoping that one day he'll come good

Fair comment. He's got the next 2-3 months to prove himself I guess.

Difference is we can feck him off at the end of the season - we're stuck with Stearman for about the next twenty years aren't we ?

He's given us something we have been missing all season, a midfielder who gets up and down the park. Until now we have been playing with static midfield offering little or no support to the strikers or an outlet for the defence. Agreed he's not the long term answer because his skill level doesn't appear as high as required but in this division it's grafters who can cause the trouble. Hope he improves and gives us even more, then we can hopefully upgrade in the summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670