Jason Wilcox

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
Malf said:
LEICESTER boss Micky Adams is in signing talks with veteran winger Jason Wilcox - after he was freed by Leeds.
Wilcox has been plagued by injuries over the past year or two but he has been given a chance to make an impact with the relegated Foxes.

Malf - This isnt the best news I've had today. Whats the source?

Daily Mirror website, under the Harewood back to Forest story.

We have more money than you think, plus the cash from Thatcher, Dickov and Scimeca makes about £400,000 to spend plus their wages we've saved on. We are being wankers again, Adams sort it penis.

Malf said:
DurhamFox said:
Malf said:
LEICESTER boss Micky Adams is in signing talks with veteran winger Jason Wilcox - after he was freed by Leeds.
Wilcox has been plagued by injuries over the past year or two but he has been given a chance to make an impact with the relegated Foxes.

We have more money than you think, plus the cash from Thatcher, Dickov and Scimeca makes about £400,000 to spend plus their wages we've saved on. We are being wankers again, Adams sort it penis.

I fear for next season if this is the type of player we are looking to bring in, dont you?

We might as well all f**k off and support Hinckley United :lol: :oops:

Talk about fickle supporters!!! :roll:
Chill out by watching the boy Rooney take England to Euro 2004. Have a few beers. Then see who we actually sign and not who we might/will/ my uncles friends sisters grandad heard type rumours. It's just counter productive :wink:

DurhamFox said:
Malf said:
DurhamFox said:
Malf said:

I fear for next season if this is the type of player we are looking to bring in, dont you?

We might as well all f**k off and support Hinckley United :lol: :oops:

Let's not go that far. :wink: My comments are borne out of frustration. No hint of a signing other than an aging has been and a crocked aging has been and player who may not come if the tribunal asks for too much. It is not much for me to cling to.

I am hoping that this silence is just like it was before a big push in WW1. Silence and then all hell was let loose, except in this case with a number of signings of players that can grow and that we can make better. :wink:

Just how old is Wilcox :evil: :?:

I was watching Football Years on Sky last night and saw him playing for Blackburn in 1994 - he looked old/slow/haggard then, ideal for LCFC then :cry: :cry: :cry:

BOB HAZELL said:

I was watching Football Years on Sky last night and saw him playing for Blackburn in 1994 - he looked old/slow/haggard then, ideal for LCFC then :cry: :cry: :cry:

33 at least

BOB HAZELL said:

Jason Wilcox (Leeds) (Born: 02.01.1971) (Midfield) :wink: :roll:

Steven said:
BOB HAZELL said:

Didnt PT try and sign him when he was in charge?

rotherhamfox said:
Steven said:
BOB HAZELL said:

Didnt PT try and sign him when he was in charge?

I think so. :roll:

I wouldn't actually mind if I thought he could play more than 2 games a season and could offer us something Guppy couldn't. It just seems odd that Adams would want to gamble on Wilcox, he is clearly refusing to except the odds that Wilcox is past it and he must also be refusing to check out the probability of Wilcox being injured for the majority of the season. Surely he has learned from last season and gambling on old players that haven't been anywhere near their best for a good 3 years. Gillespie, Hignett and Howey being the others. So Adams has a 100% failure record with players that have been crap for atleast 3 years through injury or gambling. Grreat

Birch has just said on Forest FM that Wilcox was at the club yesterday for a medical :?

Leigh said:
Birch has just said on Forest FM that Wilcox was at the club yesterday for a medical :?

Bloody hell, wank, wank, wank.

rotherhamfox said:
Leigh said:

any players are welcome at the minute if you ask me... just annoying when MA said he wanted a younger team. Although Wilcox is a year younger than guppy aint he :roll:

Babylon said:
rotherhamfox said:
Leigh said:

any players are welcome at the minute if you ask me... just annoying when MA said he wanted a younger team. Although Wilcox is a year younger than guppy aint he :roll:

Nearly 33, about 2 years younger, but half as good. :roll:

Half as good?

I reckon you're doing Wilcox a few favours there mate!

Why don't we go the whole hog and snap up Tim Sherwood and Stuart Ripley to go with him.

Release Guppy and then sign Wilcox.... erm... what?

I'm prepared to give Wilcox the benefit of the doubt, fair enough Guppy is possibly better than he is and alot more reliable but I just can't understand why Adams would risk Wilcox unless he is brave or feels he will do the business. There is no denying Wilycock has ability, it's just his injuries have made him none existant over the past two years. What with Morris already at the club injured, why bring another? I trust Adams, we need a new winger so i'll wait to see what Wilcox does for us before I slag him off.

3 players in and 2 over the age of 30 by a mile. YOUNG AND VIBRANT SQUAD, yeah righto chinee reckon

I'll bet there's 5 new signings next week... all young and eager and talented.

*reassures himself*

Ok ok, it won't happen, so why did MA say it would?

ps We shoulda had Alan Quinn - we're better than the blades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263