Jay Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's **** ugly. I hope he's good at football.

Don't know anything about this lad, but if Mark Davies, Tom Cleverley, Jack Hobbs, Michael Morrison, Robbie Neilson ( ahem ! ) are anything to go by, then he will hopefully be a very good signing for us to help with our final push for the play offs. Looks like he will give us a bit more steel in the midfield as apparently he's a tough tackling midfielder and also obviously adds further competition for places in the midfield which can only be a good thing.

Am I the only one who finds a bit odd that for the announcement Spearing and Vaughan, there are quotes from MM about it, but not NP. Or I'm probably reading far too much into it.

He should certainly keep things fresh for the run in. I'm surprised with done as well as we have this season with just 3 out and out centre mids, especially as they've nearly always been on the pitch at the same time.

Am I the only one who finds a bit odd that for the announcement Spearing and Vaughan, there are quotes from MM about it, but not NP. Or I'm probably reading far too much into it.
I think, like several of them, Pearson had worked with Vaughan at England youth level, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same was true of Spearing.

From what I have seen of him, he has impressed with workrate and quality.

Hope he can carry that over! Welcome Jay!

A good acquisition in my opinion, anyone who is rated anywhere near the next Steven Gerrard should be pretty good stock.

It's like one of those cliches whenever a midfielder comes from Liverpool or Liverpool's academy or when there's some Argentina kid who can beat three players and plays up front...suddenly they are the next Maradona.

According to some Scouse forum, we have been after him all season.

My guess is it's more that Mandy likes to be seen as a focal point at the club and likes to be prominant, rather than anything more sinister. I think that signings under NP are generally all down to Pearson and his staff, without MM having undue influence. Mandy would be foolish to be pushing any transfer agendas at this point, given this is (allegedly) one of the things NP wants assurances on for a new contract.

Good signing by the way. Provides much needed cover to allow us to rest one of the three CMs, notably Oakley, who's knees surely won't be able to get him through our entire fixture schedule.

He's a media whore, Mandy that is, not Spearing. He's a midget.

Last edited:
He's not played a great deal of games for a 21 year old.

Has he been out on loan elsewhere before?

He's not played a great deal of games for a 21 year old.

Has he been out on loan elsewhere before?

I noticed this as well. He's only made 6 appearances for Liverpool, and they were all this season. For a 21-year-old, that's very little indeed. That's the only thing that concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669