Jay Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan obviously decides how much money NP has to spend but I doubt whether he interferes much with the choice of player. The great example is during the reign of Martin Allen. Allen wanted Jimmyn Floyd Hassebainck, terms were agreed, Jimmy was photographed with the shirt and Martin Allen changed his mind as he had already got the "awesome" Carl Cort..

Does anyone have a photo of Jimmy holding up a City shirt ?

Im not questioning Mr Gwilliam, more just curious to see it for myself.

Last edited:
Milan obviously decides how much money NP has to spend but I doubt whether he interferes much with the choice of player. The great example is during the reign of Martin Allen. Allen wanted Jimmyn Floyd Hassebainck, terms were agreed, Jimmy was photographed with the shirt and Martin Allen changed his mind as he had already got the "awesome" Carl Cort.

Are you sure MA ever wanted JFH and it wasn't just MM's choice of a "name"

Milan wouldn't do it now, as Nigel wouldn't tolerate it and it seems pretty clear the initial spotting is done by Steve Walsh & his team of scouts

Whenever I have seen this guy play I must admit I think he has looked very poor to be honest but to be fair he is playing for a Premier league club with a lot of expectation so maybe the pressure was getting to him. Going to give him every chance at Leicester though however I don't know where he will fit in.

I seem to recall he left under a bit of a cloud. No suggestion of, ahem, bungs or anything of course. Oh no, his recommendations were all fine footballers.

That was an extremely strange period. First the man from Boro came and went with no explanation given. Then Martin Allen left not for wasting masses of money but for "non-footballing reasons" which have never been made public though there were all sorts of rumours.

I was interested in what Kingy said about Spearing having been a youth captain. I like players who have been captain at a young age; it shows someone thought them mature and responsible.

As for the photo I am sure I saw one. Wikipedia announced that he had joined Leicester City and then deleted that. The photo may have been on Wikipedia.

As for the signing of Jimmy Floyd presumably Martin Allen would have known before the terms were agreed and the medicals passed. My understanding was that the problem came because Martin Allen changed his mind at the last moment. Thankfully we are far more professional these days.

That was an extremely strange period. First the man from Boro came and went with no explanation given. Then Martin Allen left not for wasting masses of money but for "non-footballing reasons" which have never been made public though there were all sorts of rumours.

I was interested in what Kingy said about Spearing having been a youth captain. I like players who have been captain at a young age; it shows someone thought them mature and responsible.

As for the photo I am sure I saw one. Wikipedia announced that he had joined Leicester City and then deleted that. The photo may have been on Wikipedia.

As for the signing of Jimmy Floyd presumably Martin Allen would have known before the terms were agreed and the medicals passed. My understanding was that the problem came because Martin Allen changed his mind at the last moment. Thankfully we are far more professional these days.

I always thought the problem with JFH was that Mandaric wanted him and got him to come down, then Allen wanted him to pass a medical, which JFH wasn't prepared to go through, he thought his name should get him accepted.

Whenever I have seen this guy play I must admit I think he has looked very poor to be honest but to be fair he is playing for a Premier league club with a lot of expectation so maybe the pressure was getting to him. Going to give him every chance at Leicester though however I don't know where he will fit in.

Can you honestly name the times you have seen him play? I'd never fecking heard of him until his name was mentioned.

I can confidently say that you didn't see it on wikipedia. You may have seen it, but it wasn't there

I always thought the problem with JFH was that Mandaric wanted him and got him to come down, then Allen wanted him to pass a medical, which JFH wasn't prepared to go through, he thought his name should get him accepted.

That's pretty much what I thought had happened, after sifting through all the bullshit floating around, it seems most likely to me

I think I'll take notice at what Liverpool fans say about him rather than Harboro "50 marbles" Fox.

I 've seen him play close to a dozen times between reserve and snr level. He's biggest strength is definately his pass and move game and ability to bob up where needed and find the right pass. He's small, and lacks strength but has consistently improved and risen to the challenge whenever he been asked.

I think he'll fit in well with you guys and quickly become a fan favourite because he shows heart and tenacity. I wouldn't mind betting he scores a goal or two early on as he finishes well.

Last edited:
For what it's worth I thought he played well when he came on last night, tackled well, looked composed on the ball and made some good passes.

For what it's worth I thought he played well when he came on last night, tackled well, looked composed on the ball and made some good passes.

Thats all well and good Beights, but do we know what his favourite flavour of monster munch is?

Do you know how Wikipedia works?

Only in the very vaguest sense. I know things get put in by the public and deleted.

It has a bad reputation but in subjects where I am knowledgeable I have been unable to fault it.
I am also incredibly impressed by how quickly it reacts to breaking news; though in the case of Jimmy Floyd it reacts a bit too quickly.

Did anybody else see the picture or am I dreaming it?

I 've seen him play close to a dozen times between reserve and snr level. He's biggest strength is definately his pass and move game and ability to bob up where needed and find the right pass. He's small, and lacks strength but has consistently improved and risen to the challenge whenever he been asked.

I think he'll fit in well with you guys and quickly become a fan favourite because he shows heart and tenacity. I wouldn't mind betting he scores a goal or two early on as he finishes well.

OH HAAIIII Dani

Can he play at right back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673