Jay Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in the very vaguest sense. I know things get put in by the public and deleted.

It's pretty much all written by the public, often by people who don't have much knowledge of the subject they're writing about, and often by people who are deliberately posting stuff they know isn't true.
The football pages, in particular, are notorious for having made up stuff on them.

in the case of Jimmy Floyd it reacts a bit too quickly.

Did anybody else see the picture or am I dreaming it?

It would have been a member of public who posted about JFH joining us - and if there was a picture it would have been taken from somewhere else.
The good thing about Wikipedia is you can see the editing history of each page, so you can go back and check what it said at any time in the past.

There were lots of edits to the JFH page in the middle of August 2007. For example at 18:44 on 13/8 it said this:
"According to numerous sources, he is to sign for Leicester City within the next day or so. However, he first has to pass the rigorous medical session at the club, in which past legends such as Lee Morris have passed. It's just around the corner. Fact. ps Thracian talks rubbish"
and his current club had been changed to Leicester.

There is no evidence of the page ever containing a picture of him wearing a Leicester shirt.

There is no evidence of the page ever containing a picture of him wearing a Leicester shirt.

If there was ever any picture, for it to to have been allowed on Wikipedia it would have to have been released in the public domain; which is more than unlikely.

For what it's worth I thought he played well when he came on last night, tackled well, looked composed on the ball and made some good passes.

No idea if he's any good or not but his 20 mins last night were garbage. Looked nervous, unable to find his man with a pass, lost positionally and off the pace.

I must have imagined that pass to put Dyer through for which the goalie saved smartly. :icon_eek:

Once some fans get it into their head that a player is making mistakes that is all they will see. The group next to us did it with McGivern, who whilst poor, the refused to accept anything he did that worked or was done well.

It's pretty much all written by the public, often by people who don't have much knowledge of the subject they're writing about, and often by people who are deliberately posting stuff they know isn't true.
The football pages, in particular, are notorious for having made up stuff on them.
To be fair, away from "celebrity" pages Wikipedia doesn't attract that much deliberate nonsense and the people doing the editing, in the areas I use it for at least, do know what they're talking about as they're the world experts. Point taken about celebrities and footballers in particular, though, it can't be relied upon at all in that respect. Mind you, it's no less believable than the made up bullshit we get in the papers.

One point about Spearing, if he did have a bit of a stinker. I think Tom Cleverly had a crap first game for us as well, after which he was pure class. Just a thought.

I'm surprise no-one has referred to our Pleat-era useless left-back of the same surname in this thread.

OH HAAIIII Dani

Can he play at right back?

Probably not. He's a little small, not a brilliant dribbler and he's not overly quick. Could maybe do the job in a pinch but not his best position.

I'd play him Cm if I were you and expect him to put guys in on goal and get into dangerous positions in the box.

Probably not. He's a little small, not a brilliant dribbler and he's not overly quick.

That's worrying, are you trying to say that he's only got a small schlong?
We were kinda hoping for at least a new top 20 entry on the Dion Dublon Memorial Schlong Chart.

We were kinda hoping for at least a new top 20 entry on the Dion Dublon Memorial Schlong Chart.

Alan Rogers a surprise in at no.6 I see......

Last edited:

You should have got N'gog on loan then

One point about Spearing, if he did have a bit of a stinker. I think Tom Cleverly had a crap first game for us as well, after which he was pure class. Just a thought.

He was not that good for us last year, he was good but pure class?!

[/B]

He was not that good for us last year, he was good but pure class?!

That's not what he said is it? He said he was crap for his first game, but for the rest if the time he was with is, he was pure class. Nothing wrong with that at all.

That's not what he said is it? He said he was crap for his first game, but for the rest if the time he was with is, he was pure class. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Yes so he is saying that Cleverly was pure class after his first game, whats your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669