Speculation Jesse Lingard & Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Sky Sports understands Leicester are set to sign Man Utd duo Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane on loan.#MUFC #LCFC

Re: Jesse Lindgaard & Michael Keane

Accepting to my Man U mate: " Keane is a centre back (played well against Chelsea on Wednesday) and Lingard is a midfielder (can play central or drift wide)."

Accepting to my Man U mate: " Keane is a centre back (played well against Chelsea on Wednesday) and Lingard is a midfielder (can play central or drift wide)."

Watched the game. He played alright but was very lucky to not have been sent off.

Watched the game. He played alright but was very lucky to not have been sent off.

He was indeed. However he's not going to be up against the likes of Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Sturridge in the Championship.

Would be pleased with this. Don't know anything about Lingard - bit surprised NP is going for a midfielder though.
NP's good relationship with Man Utd continues it would seem!

Last edited:

Erm Nigel, any chance of a striker mate?

Erm Nigel, any chance of a striker mate?

Stringer says Lingard is a forward. Although he was citing Sky Sports as his source, which says he's a midfielder... so I think he's just got it wrong.

Keane looked all over the place last week in that cup game. No he won't be up against that level of opposition down in this league, but he looked a complete shambles - I think the big red nosed twat commented on the fact that the young defenders he brought into that game weren't up to the job

We need a feckin' striker, one who knows where the sodding goal is - not an attacking midfielder/winger who hasn't played a single senior game

I was trying to find out more about Jesse Lindgaard but there seemed to be very little information available about him. Then I looked at the Man U site and realised his name is actually Jesse Lingard. Thread title now corrected.

This is what they say about him:

Warrington-born Jesse Lingard has progressed through the ranks with United after being treated patiently by the coaches.

The forward has made rapid progress and has matured physically, enabling him to make a real impact at Reserves level. Indeed, in pre-season for the 2011/2012, he weighed in with a number of goals and proved he could handle the step up from Academy football.

After helping Paul McGuinness' side win the FA Youth Cup in 2011, the livewire youngster is catching the eye - whether playing on the flanks or in his preferred central role, just behind the striker.

Clearly a bright future beckons for somebody who was handed a first-team shirt number during the 2011/12 campaign for both the Barclays Premier League and Champions League.

Indeed, he was on a three-man shortlist for the Reserves' Player of the Year award in recognition for his efforts over the campaign as he contributed nine goals. A clever and assured finisher, he is capable of mixing the spectacular finish with clinical, well-placed shots, he causes problems for defenders with his direct running.

A hard worker who always tracks back for the team, it's likely he will be heading out on loan in the 2012/2013 season - although there could be a chance he makes the squad for the pre-season tour.

Last edited:
Like the sound of him. An option while Knockaert and Marshall are out of form - and to show them they're not guaranteed their place in the team.

Keane looked all over the place last week in that cup game. No he won't be up against that level of opposition down in this league, but he looked a complete shambles - I think the big red nosed twat commented on the fact that the young defenders he brought into that game weren't up to the job

We need a feckin' striker, one who knows where the sodding goal is - not an attacking midfielder/winger who hasn't played a single senior game

To be honest Keane wasn't too bad. Wootton was the one all over the place. Him coming on swung the game in Chelsea's favour. He gifted them two goals and also should have been sent off.

Who needs seasoned professionals, eh?

Or proven goalscorers?

You'd think we didn't have gobs of cash lying around.

i would imagine Keane could be on the bench tomorrow, with Vardy probably out maybe Knockaert could play up front with Nugent and Lingard brought in.

The last 'Warrington born' player at Leicester was Harry Worley.

To be honest Keane wasn't too bad. Wootton was the one all over the place. Him coming on swung the game in Chelsea's favour. He gifted them two goals and also should have been sent off.

Very reminiscent of a young Brian Carey, I thought.

When do they have to be signed by in order to play tomorrow night?

I'm assuming the fact that nothing has been announced yet means they won't be ready in time?

A quick scout on a United forum makes for good reading, particularly where Lingard is concerned. Plenty of them were suggesting he's got a cracking shot at making it with them, while Fergie has waxed lyrical about him in the past. High hopes for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363