Speculation Jesse Lingard & Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's impossible to know how this will play if it actually happens - but I thhink that it's highly unlikely that these are the type of signings that will help us secure promotion. In fact I can see what's in it for the players and parent club in terms of them getting game time but i doubt if there is any real benefit for us.

We've managed to get into a position of having a wafer thin squad which is an issue that could wreck the season but I doubt that this is the way forward in rectifying the position.

So without ever seeing either play with zero knowledge you've already written them off? Bravo.

Last edited:
So without ever seeing either play with zero knowledge you've already written them off? Bravo.

Also ignoring Pearson's record of bringing in good young players on loan (Spearing, Davies and Cleverly just of the top of my head). None of them we had heard of before and all of them adding a lot to the team.

Last edited:
Assuming that you can read you should have noted that I started by saying that "Of course it's impossible to know how this will play".
You then followed that caveat by writing them off without having seen either of them play. I think Waxed made a fair assessment of your post.

Yes, yes I would, because that is exactly what you have written.

Yes well I still affirm that these type of very short term loans of very imexperienced players are more likely to be a waste of time at best and disruptive to team building at worse. I also still confirm that this is an opinion a may be proved wrong - but I doubt it.

Yes well I still affirm that these type of very short term loans of very imexperienced players are more likely to be a waste of time at best and disruptive to team building at worse. I also still confirm that this is an opinion a may be proved wrong - but I doubt it.

I can't understand why he was chosen over Futacs today, it seems a very odd decision. I assume that with some of these deals it is written in that they get so much game time either starts or off the bench.

Lingard looked extremely light weight today. Not sure how much of an impact he'll be able to make at this level. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong

Looked like a child when he came on. Yet another bone to pick with NP, we were hammering long balls into the area all 2nd half, and he leaves that 6'5 striker on the bench.

I fail to see why he has a spot on the bench.

I can't understand why he was chosen over Futacs today, it seems a very odd decision. I assume that with some of these deals it is written in that they get so much game time either starts or off the bench.

This is one of the main problems with such arrangements. As I wrote earlier on the danger is that thiese loans are mainly for the benefit of the players and the parent club. There doesn't neeed to be a formal agreement but I suspect an understanding with the players and Fergies that they will get the opportunity for a decent amount of playing time.

Pearson is an ok manager but has his faults. Stubbornness being near the top of the list. Basically, Beckford whilst being no great shakes himself is more likely to score goals than Pearson's current replacements. For instance Waghorn can't be faulted for effort but he is woeful in front of goal.

Think people are missing the fact that Futacs and Lingard are a completely different type of player. Forest were struggling with our pace and movement up front, something that Futacs probably wouldn't have contributed to, but you'd have expected Lingard to do.

Think people are missing the fact that Futacs and Lingard are a completely different type of player. Forest were struggling with our pace and movement up front, something that Futacs probably wouldn't have contributed to, but you'd have expected Lingard to do.

Well, he didn't

Him and Waghorn our joint goal threat = complete pile of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572