JFH and Murphy - The ongoing saga .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JFH and Murphy (Not one rumoured before but...)

Come on guys just admit its a wind up, think about the amount of people who are wasting time refreshing the OS every 30 secs!

IMO ... the signing of JFH would command a Press Conf ?? ... and to arrange at short notice on a Friday I would think is nearly impossible.

We only have to cast our minds back to the signings RN confirmed to realise they are not announced 30 seconds after they sign on the dotted line. Why everyone is panicing I don't know.

I am assured JFH is 100% signed.

Murphy may not be as clear cut as it 1st appeared, but I'm sure the club are doing everything possible to tie up any loose ends.

I must admit, the longer it goes on, the less likely it is to happen.....

Although Boc, Bob and NF are not the 3 posters I would have at the top of my list for making up bullpop rumours!!

Would rather see Murphy here ahead of JFH but as has been said before, MDV or JFH, it really is a no contest.

Last edited:

We only have to cast our minds back to the signings RN confirmed to realise they are not announced 30 seconds after they sign on the dotted line.

But Carl Cort and Jon Hayes weren't signed a day before the season starts. Unless they announce it tonight to disrupt Blackpool's tactics/plans etc?

I must admit, the longer it goes on, the less likely it is to happen.....

Although Boc, Bob and NF are the 3 posters I would have at the top of my list for making up bullpop rumours!!

There is no point in announcing signings after noon on Friday afternoon before a game, they won't be able to play on Saturday. They probably got him/them to sign on the dotted line - might as well wait till Monday.

Pre-season hype should be enough to get a crowd on Saturday.

But Carl Cort and Jon Hayes weren't signed a day before the season starts. Unless they announce it tonight to disrupt Blackpool's tactics/plans etc?

Exactly, the reasoning that any signing may not be announced till Monday. No point making a shout and dance when they wouldn't be able to play against Blackpool.

There is no point in announcing signings after noon on Friday afternoon before a game, they won't be able to play on Saturday. They probably got him/them to sign on the dotted line - might as well wait till Monday.

Or bring them out just before kick off.;)

It would not suprise me that taking into account milans like of limelight if they are announced on the pitch tomorrow

But they would definitely attract a bigger crowd tomorrow if these two players were announced, regardless of whether they played or not.

I mentioned that before about the deadline for registering in time, but TBH, signing players of this calibre, I would expect them to be announced ASAP.

I have Tim's number, a few on here can vouch for that. Don't start Pm'ing me asking for it, cos I won't give it out.

He probably just deleted it anyway.

I was not doubting for a minute you have his number, he gave me his number 2 years ago when i sent an email to him complaining about heavy handed police tactics to give him a call. :)

Or bring them out just before kick off.;)

That wouldn't be out of the question.

But they would definitely attract a bigger crowd tomorrow if these two players were announced, regardless of whether they played or not.

I seriously doubt that any City fan what didn't already want to go had not got his/her ticket yet. TBH, I wouldn't rush down if them 2 had been announced but then told they are not playing.

Any rumours going around then!!?

It would not suprise me that taking into account milans like of limelight if they are announced on the pitch tomorrow

If there's any truth to it, I'd expect that to be the way it was played by MM and the club... announce it over RL first thing in the morning, we become "the championship story" in a much bigger way than we might if we announce somthing mid-week, also the crowd reaction would be immense...

Yes or maybe at half-time with the Birch? :102:

Would be awesome either way.

I think half time may be better now I come to think of it.

If this is the case, and it is going through, why didn't we sign these two players yesterday so they could play tomorrow?

One of the parties has been playing games I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00