JFH and Murphy - The ongoing saga .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JFH and Murphy (Not one rumoured before but...)

It appears that JFH WAS at the club yesterday. He could have been there to pick up one of our new shirts but most people believe the more likely scenario that MM and MA and maybe TD were trying to coax him into some sort of a deal that was not just a 'Fowler' pension pay day. Murphy may or may not have been there as well discussing personal terms on a deal.

I have been advised (and I am assuming it is okay to say) that the manager doesn't want Hasslebank.

I have been advised (and I am assuming it is okay to say) that the manager doesn't want Hasslebank.

If you read what has been put on here he has already put pen to paper.

To all the people "in the know "... IF YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS DONT PRETEND YOU DO.

So we are still nowhere nearer knowing. A few credible sources say he has already signed & then others in the know deny it. Wonder if Babylon has heard anything about a medical. If we are going for Riordan then i cannot see the JFH rumour being true.

I heard this morning that they were going to unvail JFH as a new signing before the game..Didn't happen, Then heard that Danny Murphy had passed a medical on Friday and would sign on Monday?????

Last edited:

JFH was definitely at the Leicester Marriott on Friday.

Apparently there was handshaking and hugging going on.

Hope Murphy is done/unveiled soon. Would imagine they will want it done and announced asap to distract us from the disappointment of today. 2 left sided players are still a must though... but I have no idea who we can get, and no one else seems to have ideas either? MM and MA should have a much better idea than us of who they can get obviously, but the fact that between all of us we can't seem to find any suggestions for the left side sort of highlights the difficulty we may have in finding players in those positions.

I feel that if we can get Murphy in though, and then some quality down the left we will be looking a good team.

I'd like to see us sign a solid defensive left back (like Stefanovic or Unsworth), and then a real quality attacking left winger (like Etherington, but I don't think there is any chance of him even on loan).

We could then have something like

Kaebi (or Chambers), N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, left back
Murphy, Clemence, Kishishev, left winger

Width and pace from the right back and left winger. Kaebi on the overlap and able to push up to right wing when we need him, with Murphy then tucking inside and getting into the hole behind the front 2... It could go from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 easily and fluently, we'd have attacking creativity but still be solid at the back without overcommitting.

It would go to something like
N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, left back
Kaebi, Clem, Kish, left winger
Murphy

every time we went on the attack.

All sounds good.... but we just need those 2 quality left siders ;)

Last edited:

It isn't going to happen people.

I know Hasselbaink isn't, but the Murphy deal is still on isn't it?

I know Hasselbaink isn't, but the Murphy deal is still on isn't it?

Everyone I have spoken to whether in the know or not in the know has not got a clue about Murphy.

This leads me to believe it is just a rumour and nothing more than that.

Besides would you leave spurs for a club that can't put Blackpool away? He wouldn't see that we played well yeasterday just that we got beat.

Hopefully we wont be announcing Hasselbaink.

Murphy on the other hand, yes please, get him in.

Everyone I have spoken to whether in the know or not in the know has not got a clue about Murphy.

This leads me to believe it is just a rumour and nothing more than that.

Besides would you leave spurs for a club that can't put Blackpool away? He wouldn't see that we played well yeasterday just that we got beat.

Although Murphy does play for a club who have just failed to put away Sunderland, and he can't even get on their bench...

There may be a few with egg-on-face, including myself. I sincerely hope not though, please let Murphy in...

Just saw this on a well known rumour site.....

I just picked my brother up who works at leicester city and he saw both jimmy floyd and Danny Murphy with what he described as "their agents" walking past the reception and up the stairs, following a LCFC representative. Could well be a late night double sweep for the foxes

:102:

Just saw this on a well known rumour site.....

I just picked my brother up who works at leicester city and he saw both jimmy floyd and Danny Murphy with what he described as "their agents" walking past the reception and up the stairs, following a LCFC representative. Could well be a late night double sweep for the foxes

:102:

Well, that's the end of that then. If it is on rumours, then there is no chance it will happen.

I think we should go in for Nathan Ellington. Has said he is unhappy at the lack of first team football at West Brom and if he doesn't start getting games he'll want to leave.
Think he would be a fantastic signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670