JFH NOT signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

the mists clear - from mockery:

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City will be out to hit the goal trail at Accrington Stanley tonight - but not through Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

The 35-year-old Dutch international was reported in some quarters to have had a medical check at the Walkers Stadium yesterday.

But City will not be following up a chance to sign him.

The former Leeds, Chelsea and Middlesbrough striker is without a club, having been released by Charlton, and had been offered to City as a possible signing.

City chairman Milan Mandaric said: “There was a chance of the signing but, after discussions with the manager, it was decided not to take it any further.

“But it is still my intention to back him with some more new signings if we can do it.”

City boss Martin Allen has already signed three new strikers - Carl Cort, DJ Campbell and teenager Ricky Sappleton.

In addition, he can call on Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt and Mark de Vries plus teenager Eric Odhiambo, who is showing promise - so squad priorities lie elsewhere.

Re: JFH and Murphy - The ongoing saga .......

Looks like Allen has come out on top then ???

City chairman Milan Mandaric said: “There was a chance of the signing but, after discussions with the manager, it was decided not to take it any further.

He's a brave man, our Martin, I'll give him that

fair play to ma if he has stood up to milan :038::038: the manager should be the 1 buying players not the chairman/owner

ffs no hasselbaink tha sucks!

Well martin proved he is no push over

Well martin proved he is no push over

Did he really? I reckon this was a 'non-story' that got blown up out of all proportion by people who should really know better!

To be fair unless MM was going to start picking the team what would be the point of signing a player the manager doesnt want??

To be fair unless MM was going to start picking the team what would be the point of signing a player the manager doesnt want??

I'd imagine MM saw JFH as a way of putting more bums on seats as much as anything else

I dont mind not signing him, but please dont let it be because we already have enough strikers, most of what we have are average at best FFS!!!

Why when leicester get involved in anything does it always have to be complex????

I am actually well pleased we didn't sign him. JFH has the potential to score goals, but he also has the potential to drain the club money for wages and bring down the entire mood of the club.

JFH has the potential to score goals, but he also has the potential to drain the club money for wages and bring down the entire mood of the club.

That would have been my biggest concern too. It only takes one overpaid underperforming prima-donna to ruin the teamwork and spirit amongst the others.

I am actually well pleased we didn't sign him. JFH has the potential to score goals, but he also has the potential to drain the club money for wages and bring down the entire mood of the club.

He is, however, about a squillion times better than either of our first choice strikers last Saturday

He is, however, about a squillion times better than either of our first choice strikers last Saturday
Hume was crap on Saturday

Maybe your right Alex, but i wouldnt have minded TBH. If he scored goals thats all i'm bothered about.

I give MA 10 matches now to produce the goods.

Didn't MON turn it round after around 10 games?

Someone remind me - what match number will it be for MA when we play Sheffield United at home?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566