JFH NOT signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I 100% agree with this. Surely Murphy would get a game at any of the lower-end Prem sides?

Spot on, he's a London boy now with plenty of ££ and could get a game in the prem no problem. I just cant see it myself.

MM confirmed riordan was just "agents talk" or in other words we made the offer but Riordan didnt want to come.

I wish Milan wouldnt annouce our targets to the media and then try to save face when they dont join

MM confirmed riordan was just "agents talk" or in other words we made the offer but Riordan didnt want to come.

I wish Milan wouldnt annouce our targets to the media and then try to save face when they dont join

He can do what he wants as long as he spends money and gets us promotion.

:038: Milan :038:

Re: JFH and Murphy - The ongoing saga .......

He's a brave man, our Martin, I'll give him that

Interesting and I think significant for the future.

It's clear from the Milan statement that he wanted him and Allen didn't.

Based on last season it looks like Jimmy Floyd is past it anyway - but on the otherhand he would have been a recognisable face in a squad that is pretty much anonymous, and therefore would have been an asset for ticket sales.

Milan may have put down a marker that he feels that he needs to call the shots to get the show going and Allen has quite understandably put down a marker that he is in charge on footballing issues. But, Allen isn't really in charge and knew that when he took the job - so as you imply by apparantly backing his judgement Milan may well have place the first strand of the noose rounf his neck.

well done ma.

I am relieved that they appear to have resolved this issue, but also a little annoyed. Hasslebaink IMO would have been miles better than anything we currently have at the club and may well have been a factor in pursuading other good players to come here. I sincerely hope that old razor guts isn't just being pig headed and fighting against Milan because he wants to assert himself.

I can't think of any other managers in this league who would turn down their chairman if their chairman came to them with a hat load of cash and a promise of signing players like Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink.

If we keep going on our tremendous (3 seasons now) run of not being a threat in front of goal I will blame MA. He has had a more than generous offer from the chairman to bring in quality.

he is past it imo he is 35(??) i bet some of you who wanted jfh here were the same ones who were moaning when micky adams signed ageing has-beens...i really dont see any difference in this instance :icon_roll

I am relieved that they appear to have resolved this issue, but also a little annoyed. Hasslebaink IMO would have been miles better than anything we currently have at the club and may well have been a factor in pursuading other good players to come here. I sincerely hope that old razor guts isn't just being pig headed and fighting against Milan because he wants to assert himself.

I can't think of any other managers in this league who would turn down their chairman if their chairman came to them with a hat load of cash and a promise of signing players like Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink.

If we keep going on our tremendous (3 seasons now) run of not being a threat in front of goal I will blame MA. He has had a more than generous offer from the chairman to bring in quality.

He was a good player Silver, but I am not sure that he is at present. He appears to have a hell of a bad attitude at times as well.

he is past it imo he is 35(??) i bet some of you who wanted jfh here were the same ones who were moaning when micky adams signed ageing has-beens...i really dont see any difference in this instance :icon_roll

I don't agree that being 35 is past it. Les Ferdinand was the dogs! As indeed was that lieks of Sheringham.

I think he would have been excellent in this league but we will never know the benefit.

I have consider the opinions and evidence displayed and also thought about the team spirit effects a billy bigboots has on a team.

I have decided it was the correct decision to reject him - but we need a big lad with an eye for goal. Along with a left-back, a left-winger and a creative midfielder.

Aside from the press who make things up to sell papers you saw that he had a bad attitude in matches?

I have seen an arrogant attitude in some matches. He has been disinterested and done nothing but moan at the ref or at his team mates (who were doing a lot more than him).

I don't think such an attitude would help achieve the team spirit MA2 is after.

If he was still banging them in on a regular basis then he may be worth a risk, but he has had a poor couple of seasons in that respect.

The gamble with older players is their attitude to the game.

Shearer (elbows aside), Ferdinand and Sheringham all fall into a category I would call true professionals who will truly give their all to their club on and off the field and help bring pass on their experience to younger players. I do not get the impression that JFH or Fowler for that matter would fall into that group and so might cause resentment amongst some other team members.

looks like i was right in not thinking that jfh would be a city player...think i was the only 1 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669