JFH NOT signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If JFH is such a great signing, we will expect another club to step in within a week and for him to score more goals than MDV. Don't get me wrong, I do not think MDV is our long term solution, but Hasslebaink is past it. He is a name, but no longer a footballer.

If JFH is such a great signing, we will expect another club to step in within a week and for him to score more goals than MDV. Don't get me wrong, I do not think MDV is our long term solution, but Hasslebaink is past it. He is a name, but no longer a footballer.

Sorry MDV aint going to get us in the playoffs!! All the blokes done is worked hard in pre season as his career is going down the pan. Yeah give him a chance for a couple of games fair enough, but he's got to score goals and plenty of them. Saturday played well but failed to score, fact.

You might be right about JFH, but just the same as Fowler we will never know.

Whoever stated last night that this may just be a way of MM showing his ambition but allowing MA to come out "calling the shots" appears to have been not far from the truth

I would have welcomed JFH but if MA doesn't want him then I suppose we will have to stand by his decision :)

THANK F**K FOR THAT.

I am well chuffed that we havent signed him as i dont really think he was worth 20k a week he didnt do any thing at charlton and i think it would have been the same if we had signed him... Danny Murphy and Stefanovic please...

i pretty pleased that JFH is not coming here he is a selfish greddy mofo, the only problem at the moment is the team cannot gel, once they get passed that stage then we will be scoring goals for jokes

THANK F**K FOR THAT.

I am well chuffed that we havent signed him as i dont really think he was worth 20k a week he didnt do any thing at charlton and i think it would have been the same if we had signed him... Danny Murphy and Stefanovic please...

It's only papertalk saying he was demanding 20k a week!

I doubt MM would have paid half that for a 35 year old in the championship.

Why would Danny Murphy come here??

It's only papertalk saying he was demanding 20k a week!

I doubt MM would have paid half that for a 35 year old in the championship.

Why would Danny Murphy come here??

stacks%20of%20money.jpg

Last edited:
Allen seeks confident and calm approach from City
by Bill Anderson

Leicester City, relishing the chance to make instant amends for Saturday's defeat, will not find it any easier against Accrington Stanley in their Carling Cup first-round tie at the Fraser Eagle Stadium tonight.
allen_smile_0607.jpg

Not only do the Division Two side have a reputation for making the most of their humble surroundings against bigger clubs - they knocked Nottingham Forest out at this stage last season - but also City boss Martin Allen will have to make changes.
James Chambers, led off with a calf injury on Saturday, and second-half substitute Jonny Hayes, with a thigh strain, are ruled out while skipper Stephen Clemence, Shaun Newton, Mark de Vries, James Wesolowski and Richard Stearman are all carrying knocks from the game.
Allen said: “We will have a look at the situation nearer the time.
“But this is still going to be a good opportunity to come out and play our football.
“I want to see our players play as they can do and do ourselves proud, be a bit more calm but still competitive.
“Of course, the result on Saturday was disappointing for us all and several of the players were not happy with their performances.
“There will be no let-up, though, and I want them to be calm and cool, and pass the ball with confidence.
“On Saturday, there was a lot of anxiety with the high expectation, four players making debuts, and it can happen that things do not work out.”
In midfield, Sergio Hellings will be on stand-by while Matty Fryatt would be the logical replacement for de Vries if the big Dutchman does not make it.
While there is no doubt the Championship takes priority, this game is of increased relevance in the wake of the opening-day defeat.
In Allen's words, City need to “get it rolling” as soon as possible and an early cup exit to lower opposition would not improve the mood before Saturday's tough trip to Crystal Palace.
Allen will know full well the place this competition has in the hearts and minds of the Blue Army and will be determined to get a cup run going, just as he has done at his previous clubs.

neither will brunt... Sheff Wed accept a bid of about £3m from West Brom for left-winger Chris Brunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669