JFH Speaking Live to Sky Sports in next few minutes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As everyone else is making up their own version of events here's mine:

JFH's agents calls MM and says my boy is available if you want him, MM goes all star struck and gets a deal going without consulting MA, after reaching an basic outline package with the agent he tells MA who is less than impressed as he still has his own list of players on the back of a gas bill envelope, no one wants to blink first so JFH is told to report for a medical, in the meantime MA tells MM it's JFH or me, MM goes pale and backs down, no one can think of what to tell JFH so they don't tell him anything, JFH rolls in on Monday afternoon as arranged, MA tells him it's 'on hold' and sends him off to MM who gives him a box of Ready Salted and an XL tub of some anti-mould grout by way of apology.

I think thats Bob on. Crazy stuff and everyone has ended up with egg on thier faces.

If MM is trying to interfere then MA needed to make his point. This now puts him under more pressure to get results and the strikers to score. I'm not convinced that JFH would have been a good signing, JFH of 3 seasons ago would have been fantastic but this has all the hallmarks of a player looking for somewhere to park his boots for a season and pick up his pension.

And we have been there before many times and got burnt. We have a list as long of my arm of has been old pros who come to the walkers for a final pay off. Would JFH have been like that?? We will never know.

This now puts him under more pressure to get results and the strikers to score.
I think MA has put his own future in his own hands now. If our strikers don't score, MM will throw this event back at him at every opportunity.

MM will tell him that he gave him the answer to our problems before the first game of the season and he threw it away.

If MA pulls it off without JFH, then full credit to him.

Last edited:
And we have been there before many times and got burnt. We have a list as long of my arm of has been old pros who come to the walkers for a final pay off. Would JFH have been like that?? We will never know.

And the list of clubs trying to sign JFH is ????????????

LCFC telling lots of fibs to save face here. FACT

Correct.
But instead of saving face we end up looking like a shower of c*nts.
Not a good way of attracting desirable players in future.

IMO it would be a pleasure to have a player like JFH at our club. I cant believe MA would say he would need a trial first, what a dick!! We aint talking about some mug from div 3, he's played top level for years!

As had Dion Dublin. Can't we give the manager credit for actually wanting to manage the club properly and make informed judgements on the team rather than running it like a Championship Manager game?

As had Dion Dublin. Can't we give the manager credit for actually wanting to manage the club properly and make informed judgements on the team rather than running it like a Championship Manager game?

Speaking of which, I signed JFH for us on there and he's shite ;) Now I can't get shot of him...

Definetely wouldn't want him after that ;)

hindsight is a great thing.you never know what jfh could do for us, true there a gamble but im up for it .

What a load of shite.

Most managers would and rightly should be happy to have a chairman who wants to bring in quality. I don't think Milan is trying to undermine MA I just think he is doing his best to support him. We aren't going to attract superstars who are in form so occasionally it is worth a punt on some quality that is out of form.

I see nothing wrong with bringing in someone proven but with something still to prove. And what is clear and certain is that this guy would be better than DeVries, Hammond, Fryatt, Hume, Cort and probably Campbell.

This is just Allen's ego.

We should have taken him on a 30 day trial. :mad:

Correct.
But instead of saving face we end up looking like a shower of c*nts.
Not a good way of attracting desirable players in future.

Milan likes to be at the centre of the storm - I feel sorry for JFH. Not that he sounded like a good signing. If he had made any impact last season then I would think differently - but he looked very peripheral at Charlton in their relegation battle.

My guess is that he would have been a very costly one season mistake. According to the BBC site, Allen was insisting on a month's trial in the first instance, which seems sensible to me (if true).

I also think that Allen will only be allowed to disagree with Milan for a very few times before he is shown the door.

Most managers would and rightly should be happy to have a chairman who wants to bring in quality. I don't think Milan is trying to undermine MA I just think he is doing his best to support him. We aren't going to attract superstars who are in form so occasionally it is worth a punt on some quality that is out of form.

but if MA wanted to bring him in on a trial to have a look as has been suggested, then that is a completely logical thing to do~?

but if MA wanted to bring him in on a trial to have a look as has been suggested, then that is a completely logical thing to do~?

Sorry we have to agree to differ. Everyone knows what Hasslebaink is all about. He has quality and if MA wanted to know all about him there is an abundance of footage. By his own admission he didn't have a great season but Charlton were a poor premiership side and the man now wants to prove himself. We are middle of the road championship and he could have banged them in for us without shadow of a doubt in my mind. And even without having kicked a ball is clearly superior quality to arguably every forward at the club.

MA should have taken a look first for 30 days at most of the current team (for e.g. the likes of Cort and Hellings) before deciding on them so this piece of crap for an excuse doesn't wash.

I'm annoyed that his ego and need to assert himself has cost us a good player.

I've also heard Stearman has had a massive bust up in training with one of the new players.

MA should have taken a look first for 30 days at most of the current team (for e.g. the likes of Cort and Hellings) before deciding on them so this piece of crap for an excuse doesn't wash.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

I'm annoyed that his ego and need to assert himself has cost us a good player.

But you don't know that is what has happened here SF.

Plus, if there was a trial period, it wouldn't just be used to see how fit he is & what he can do with a football.

But you don't know that is what has happened here SF.

Plus, if there was a trial period, it wouldn't just be used to see how fit he is & what he can do with a football.

He's been training all pre season with Chelsea. They don't just let any twat train with them.

eh??? :102:

Did you mean to quote me?

Yeah whats your point. You said the trial period would be to see how fit he is. I said in reply he has been training with Chelsea.

To perhaps go a bit further I would suggest their training is unlikely to be worse than our.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669