John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straigh in my head, people seem concerned about the fact his transfers have been less than inspired (subjective), yet we also are moaning about MM because he choices all the trasnfer targets. Surely one cancels the other out?

I think MM signing players is subjective too.

Don't have a problem with the guy myself.

I think we'd be in far worse shape without him. Wouldn't be my ideal choice of owner mind you.

I think MM signing players is subjective too.

Don't have a problem with the guy myself.

I think we'd be in far worse shape without him. Wouldn't be my ideal choice of owner mind you.

When he signed N'Gotty last season before we had a manager? and looks like doing the same with Moore again this season? Is there anything subjective in there at all?

MM said he wanted someone passionate about the club. Walshie is, in fairness Leicester through and through. ( if hes going to learn the ropes somewhere, why not here. Tags didn't get slated when he came here )

JG would be there to show him the ropes, and run the club.

This hasn't been confirmed, but if true, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. BD would be my first choice, but its obvious this level of manager wont come.

Whoever gets the job i will get behind them.

MM said he wanted someone passionate about the club. Walshie is, in fairness Leicester through and through. ( if hes going to learn the ropes somewhere, why not here. Tags didn't get slated when he came here )

This hasn't been confirmed, but if true, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. BD would be my first choice, but its obvious this level of manager wont come.

I personally agree with your coments on Walsh. Dont see JG as anywhere approaching the right man to be at the helm though.

So what if he's "Leicester through and through"

So's Bernie, but I wouldn't give him the feckin' job

Previous association with LCFC is no criterion whatsoever for becoming the next manager. In fact, I would say it might be a hindrance

If its Gregory why the delay?. Now it seems Ince has the Blackburn job does that free up McClaren or simply inform MM that Ince aint coming here!

I'LL MAKE WALSH MY NO.2 AT CITY - GREGORY
14 readers have commented on this story. Click here to read their views.
CITY EXCLUSIVE
BY STEVE PUMFREY
WWW.THEBLUEARMY.CO.UK

10:30 - 19 June 2008

Leicester City legend Steve Walsh would be appointed No.2 to John Gregory if he lands the manager's job.

The Leicester Mercury can reveal that a close associate of Gregory confirmed the approach to Walsh.

The former City skipper would relish the opportunity to become assistant to the former Aston Villa and Derby manager, if he was appointed successor to Ian Holloway at the Walkers Stadium.

"Steve (Walsh) has held discussions with John Gregory, who has been interviewed by Milan Mandaric," said the source. "John was hoping to get some news at the start of the week from Milan, but he is still waiting to hear from him.

"But I can say that, if John is successful, he will make Steve his assistant and then ensure that he goes off to get all the necessary qualifications.

"Steve may not have the badges, but he has the ability and will draw on his experience. It will be a great opportunity for Steve because he thought his chance had gone when he was not previously considered for the job."

Walsh was not prepared to discuss the development, but has made no secret of the fact that he would welcome the chance to manage the club one day.

Last November, he threw his hat into the ring as City sought to appoint a successor to Gary Megson after he moved to Premier League Bolton.

Walsh said at the time: "If I have been criticised, it tended to be because of my lack of qualifications.

"It's a fair point - I don't have them - but don't let anyone think I wouldn't be capable of doing the job.

"I know I am somewhat of a risk to Milan but, with my football acumen and ambition - let alone my passion and drive for Leicester City - I can bring back the good times."

THIS IS THE MOST DEPRESSING ARTICLE I HAVE READ. I'm not going to call it news, as that would credit the story with some basis of fact or give weight to the possibility that JG will be employed and SW will be his number 2. Come on, great player of course, but SW together with JG be the equivalent of Dumb and Dumber, Cannon & Ball or (if it was not so sad about the state of LCFC) the Chuckle Bros

for fack sake, why has the Mercury given editorial to JG as a candidate when he is a joke in what is the most important managerial appointment this club has ever had. lets talk seriously about Worthington, Davies or even Newell....who will they be bringing in?

ps. the dislike of JG had nothing to do with a fracas in vin quartre 15 years ago, when he got upset when I passed comment on his yellow trousers - he's just a useless T*T.

Last edited:
I'LL MAKE WALSH MY NO.2 AT CITY - GREGORY
14 readers have commented on this story. Click here to read their views.
CITY EXCLUSIVE
BY STEVE PUMFREY
WWW.THEBLUEARMY.CO.UK

10:30 - 19 June 2008

Leicester City legend Steve Walsh would be appointed No.2 to John Gregory if he lands the manager's job.

The Leicester Mercury can reveal that a close associate of Gregory confirmed the approach to Walsh.

The former City skipper would relish the opportunity to become assistant to the former Aston Villa and Derby manager, if he was appointed successor to Ian Holloway at the Walkers Stadium.

"Steve (Walsh) has held discussions with John Gregory, who has been interviewed by Milan Mandaric," said the source. "John was hoping to get some news at the start of the week from Milan, but he is still waiting to hear from him.

"But I can say that, if John is successful, he will make Steve his assistant and then ensure that he goes off to get all the necessary qualifications.

"Steve may not have the badges, but he has the ability and will draw on his experience. It will be a great opportunity for Steve because he thought his chance had gone when he was not previously considered for the job."

Walsh was not prepared to discuss the development, but has made no secret of the fact that he would welcome the chance to manage the club one day.

Last November, he threw his hat into the ring as City sought to appoint a successor to Gary Megson after he moved to Premier League Bolton.

Walsh said at the time: "If I have been criticised, it tended to be because of my lack of qualifications.

"It's a fair point - I don't have them - but don't let anyone think I wouldn't be capable of doing the job.

"I know I am somewhat of a risk to Milan but, with my football acumen and ambition - let alone my passion and drive for Leicester City - I can bring back the good times."

THIS IS THE MOST DEPRESSING ARTICLE I HAVE READ. I'm not going to call it news, as that would credit the story with some basis of fact or give weight to the possibility that JG will be employed and SW will be his number 2. Come on, great player of course, but SW together with JG be the equivalent of Dumb and Dumber, Cannon & Ball or (if it was no sad about the state for LCFC) the Chuckle Bros

for fack sake, why has the Mercury given editorial to JG as a candidate when he is a joke in what is the most important managerial appointment this club has ever had. lets talk seriously about Worthington, Davies or even Newell....who will they be bringing in?

ps. the dislike of JG had nothing to do with a fracas in vin quartre 15 years ago, when he got upset when I passed comment on his yellow trousers - he's just a useless T*T.

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend. The Mercury are reporting him as a candidate becuase he has been in the box seat for the job for 2 weeks and is more than likely going to be appointed unless either he or MM have a huge change of heart.

I personally agree with your coments on Walsh. Dont see JG as anywhere approaching the right man to be at the helm though.

I agree with your point also, but i think we are running out of candidates, JG has experience and i think MM might think between the two of them they might work out. :102:

When he signed N'Gotty last season before we had a manager? and looks like doing the same with Moore again this season? Is there anything subjective in there at all?

I know where you're coming from there.

I don't beleive this is all his own doing though. I imagine he was in talks with managers before he signed N'Gotty. I'd be astounded if these talks did not extend to talking about players who are available.

I feel this is the scenario with Moore too.

I agree with your point also, but i think we are running out of candidates, JG has experience and i think MM might think between the two of them they might work out. :102:

I think we ran out of candidates the day he sacked Holloway. Nobody has shown an ounce of interest other than the completley unemployable and Grayson.

I know where you're coming from there.

I don't beleive this is all his own doing though. I imagine he was in talks with managers before he signed N'Gotty. I'd be astounded if these talks did not extend to talking about players who are available.

I feel this is the scenario with Moore too.

That could be true but it's not born out with the facts after said managers arrived. Was N'Gotty ever first choice under Allen or anyone else for that matter. Were Neilsen or Kaebi first choice, also rumoured to be MM signings.

There is still a chance that Frank ClarK may take the job with Rob Johnson alongside him so why rush into anything

That could be true but it's not born out with the facts after said managers arrived. Was N'Gotty ever first choice under Allen or anyone else for that matter. Were Neilsen or Kaebi first choice, also rumoured to be MM signings.

I think you mean facts after said managers departed??

Not sure how reliable these reports are.

There's certainly 2 schools of thought and I don't beleive in smoke without fire.

Mind you, who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669