John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it's a totally worthless exercise. Fair enough you have your sacrificial lamb, Holloway gets punished for taking us down but what was the point?

I understand your sentiments Luke, but how anybody can defend Holloway after the shambolic way he steered us to relegation is beyond me. The problem isn't the fact that we have let a perfectly good manager go, the problem is that the Chairman is a complete buffoon incapable of making any sane judgement when it comes to Managerial appointments.

What we cannot do is retain failures or reward incomptence as an insurance policy against the fact that the Chairman is a lunatic and incapable of attracting anything other than failed never were's and and out of depth wannabe's.

Holloway had to go, but it is the chairman who is a twat when it comes to selecting a new manager, not the fans.

but it's a totally worthless exercise. Fair enough you have your sacrificial lamb, Holloway gets punished for taking us down but what was the point?

Believe me if I could burn the tosser I would - but I just can't find enough wood around here to make decent sized wicker man

The point is a point of principle. He failed more than any other manager at this club has ever done - therefore nothing (even Gregory) could be worse

It's like we didn't actually get relegated with some people, it really is

Believe me if I could burn the tosser I would - but I just can't find enough wood around here to make decent sized wicker man

The point is a point of principle. He failed more than any other manager at this club has ever done - therefore nothing (even Gregory) could be worse

It's like we didn't actually get relegated with some people, it really is

TBH, who of the realistic candidates would:

1) Want to work here, full stop.
2) Want to work under a dictorial regime

and:

3) Be able to succeed.

If we take it as red that our problems are deep rooted, then until we 'cut out' the rotten core we are for the forseeable going to struggle.

Taking a job at LCFC is now about as unattractive as Peter Beardsley.

Are John "Gel Boy" Gregory and Steve "Feck your Wife" Walsh here yet or are they with Joey around the corner :102:

FFS we all know the man is a twat but if he is the new manager lets give him a few games before we decide how good he is. Remember neil warnock nobody wanted him, doing well at palace though isnt he!

FFS we all know the man is a twat but if he is the new manager lets give him a few games before we decide how good he is. Remember neil warnock nobody wanted him, doing well at palace though isnt he!

Plenty wanted him actually - although the good old FT spoke up for us all and told Mandaric he would not be tolerated.

Remember to always thank them for that

The majority of those that objected did so because the bloke is foul and obnoxious, rather than anything to do with his talent as a manager

It's different though. I wanted Warnock in because although he's a goon that mouthed off about our club on a number of occassions he'd had success in management. A lot of people protested because they felt too strongly about the mouthy, arrogant, twat part regardless of what he's done.

JG on the other is a largely inept manager who has failed everywhere he has managed, apart from a few months whilst he was at Villa.

Plenty wanted him actually - although the good old FT spoke up for us all and told Mandaric he would not be tolerated.

Remember to always thank them for that

The majority of those that objected did so because the bloke is foul and obnoxious, rather than anything to do with his talent as a manager

I stand corrected. Although there is a lot of people on here not wanting gregory because they dont like him and not his managment ability.

bloody hell i must have missed it :icon_sad:

Nothing exciting

Ten year deal, with Walshie, Taggart, Lennon, Izzett and Filbert Fox as his coaching staff

Darren Moore already signed - soon to be joined by Hasselbaink, Darren Anderton, Lee Morris and Nathan Blake

Nothing exciting

Ten year deal, with Walshie, Taggart, Lennon, Izzett and Filbert Fox as his coaching staff

Darren Moore already signed - soon to be joined by Hasselbaink, Darren Anderton, Lee Morris and Nathan Blake

Happy days!!!

It's different though. I wanted Warnock in because although he's a goon that mouthed off about our club on a number of occassions he'd had success in management. A lot of people protested because they felt too strongly about the mouthy, arrogant, twat part regardless of what he's done.

JG on the other is a largely inept manager who has failed everywhere he has managed, apart from a few months whilst he was at Villa.

How can 98-2000 with all top ten finishes be a few months and yes he did fail at derby all be it with no money.he was sacked by qpr because of a takeover which happens to alot of managers.
I also think he is a twat but we need to give him a chance.

Ahaha, what a bunch of buffoons!!!!

Not one person from the club has came out and told you there is a press conference today, and as far as I'm aware there were no reports of one on the news either!!!

And look at the bloody state you've got yourselves in!!!!!

Priceless :icon_lol::081::icon_lol::081:

Ahaha, what a bunch of buffoons!!!!

Not one person from the club has came out and told you there is a press conference today, and as far as I'm aware there were no reports of one on the news either!!!

And look at the bloody state you've got yourselves in!!!!!

Priceless :icon_lol::081::icon_lol::081:

Oh my gosh, you're right

Thanks for pointing that out - we had all missed that detail

I'm so embarrassed now :icon_redf

Oh my gosh, you're right

Thanks for pointing that out - we had all missed that detail

I'm so embarrassed now :icon_redf
I suppose this is one of those instances where hindsight could have been applied succesfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669