John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentary on the Sweden match just commented that Olof Mellberg was a John Gregory signing for Aston Villa.Typical ou don't here about the slimey fecker for ages and now you can't escape.

Last edited:
Are peoples general feeling about this 'John Gregory' bloke being manager any worse than peoples feelings when that 'Gary Megson' bloke was getting the job?

Compared to some of the other names mentioned Pearson, Worthington, Parkinson, JG would be an inspired choice.

Who ever gets the job will have my full support. Don't like Gregory but if he is appointed then so be it.

Compared to some of the other names mentioned Pearson, Worthington, Parkinson, JG would be an inspired choice.

Pearson may turn out to be a decent manager, he has little experience and it might be unfair to judge him on his short spell at Southampton. So I think I'd rather have him than Gregory.

Whoever we end up with, with the resources available to them they should be able to mount a strong promotion challenge, unless they really are totally clueless. I'm not sure even Gregory fits into that category, as much as I don't want him.

I think I am in the minority but I would really like to see Joe Royle get the job. We need an experienced manager who can handle Milan. Pompey went through managers like nobodys business until the found someone who could handle Milan and also deliver on the pitch. I think Royle is only one of the mentioned candidates who could do this.

Gregory will just shoot his mouth off at some point and piss Milan off and get sacked. Worthington doesnt have the balls for the job. Grayson is too inexperienced. We need an old head who has seen it, done it and nos what its all about.

We need someone who is single minded at their task

Who will chase and chase the players to get them to move as a disciplined unit

Will never accept defeat and never tire

Who will be loyal and obedient to their master, while gently steering the master away from self destructive actions

Step forward........

lassie.jpg

Last edited:
"Woof!"

"What's that Lassie?"

"Woof woof. Woof!"

"John Gregory and Steve Walsh are trapped in a mine shaft?"

"Woof! Grrrrrr!"

"Good idea, I'll get my shotgun"

Shed a tear, Hazz?

I have already been doing that for the past 5 years. I am normally okay walking back to the car or home but then when I get to sit down, the tears start rolling down my boatrace. I also shat my pants at least 3 times at Oakwell last season and then in my shocked state at a 1-0 win, ended up joining the m1 further up north than expected.

I heard Hulk Hogan's odds have been shortened from 100/1 to 25/1.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669