John Sjoberg R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Birchenall read out this sentence from my earlier post on here before the game today...

In Swedish Sjöberg means 'Lake Mountain' a fitting name for such a calm, commanding yet granite hard presence in some of the greatest City teams ever...

Hope we follow the minutes applause with a win for the big man...

It's a pity though that Birchenall saw fit to demand an immediate end to the spontaneous applause that had started all around the ground It made it seem as though he was the most important person and not the person to whom we were showing our respect and appreciation. How dare you lot clap while I'm talking!?!

It's a pity though that Birchenall saw fit to demand an immediate end to the spontaneous applause that had started all around the ground It made it seem as though he was the most important person and not the person to whom we were showing our respect and appreciation. How dare you lot clap while I'm talking!?!

Bit harsh Bob, he wanted to finish off introducing the family members that were there.

Bit harsh Bob, he wanted to finish off introducing the family members that were there.

He had finished the introductions and was talking about Sjoberg. The applause made a great back-drop to what he was saying - but he had to stop it because he wants to be the centre of attention. I don't think it's harsh at all.

Last edited:
He had finished the introductions and was talking about Sjoberg. The applause made a great back-drop to what he was saying - but he had to stop it because he wants to be the centre of attention. I don't think it's harsh at all.

Sorry, I didn't realise he had finished the introductions, I was too busy clapping before being told to stop for a second :icon_wink

I had a similar thought while listening to it as it goes, it was a bit "no, shut up a minute, shut up everyone, I'm not finished yet, don't fecking clap 'til the ref blows his whistle you plebs"

I had a similar thought while listening to it as it goes, it was a bit "no, shut up a minute, shut up everyone, I'm not finished yet, don't fecking clap 'til the ref blows his whistle you plebs"

Yeah I thought the same, but I continued to clap :icon_razz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670