Jordon has gone to Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt like him as a player. Couldnt cross a ball, injury prone, came across as arrogant plus he was on wages of £15,000 a week.

Good Riddance!
I think the money is about right. The transfer market in the Championship is on the wane. Norwich have signed three good Championship for decent money.

Hazzman said:
I didnt like him as a player. Couldnt cross a ball, injury prone, came across as arrogant plus he was on wages of £15,000 a week.
There's no way he was on £15,000 a week. I suspect it may have been less than half that much. Still one of our highest earners compared to the rest of our current squad though

Couple of thoughts

1) Looking at the average player ratings for the 2004/5 season from the Trust match reporters this was how the least performing players lined up:

20 Jordan Stewart 38 6.132
21 Chris Makin 22 6.091
22jt Jason Wilcox 15 5.933
22jt Mark DeVries 15 5.933
24 Scot Gemmill 16 5.875
25 Tommy Wright 8 5.875
26 Lee Morris 8 5.625
27 Nathan Blake 11 4.909

Although a number of fans seemed to pick on Jordan, we don't believe the match reporters fell into this camp

2) Ever wondered which one player in our squad had a get-out clause if a Premiership club came in for him & none did?

Brauny Blue said:
In the course of Leicester city's history, sadly Jordan will be quickly forgotten.
Lets move on.

He is the last link with O'Neill. As Stewart leaves, so goes the last faint echoes of a glorious bygone era. :icon_wink

Foxes_Trust said:
2) Ever wondered which one player in our squad had a get-out clause if a Premiership club came in for him & none did?
There's no need for that, let him get on with his career, don't start with the needless bitching.

MKFox said:
Fecking good luck to him, I hope the young man becomes a quality footballer and doesn't have to endure the 5hite he received from sections of our crowd.

True MK but they will find some other poor fecker to blame...MDV no doubt.

Foxes_Trust said:
Couple of thoughts

Says it all really. We won't miss him. Plenty of potential, but after five years he's never really cemented a first team place, still hasn't really decided if he's a left back or a left winger (excells at neither) and his ego was evidently a problem all along.

But we'll all remember with fondness his surging runs, his fancy step-overs, and then the inevitable stumble whilst scuffing the ball off for a goal kick... ;)

Hopefully we'll be able to get a player (in the Steve Guppy mold) who isn't such an enigmatic "big time Charlie" - you don't need the step-overs and lightning pace to be a more effective winger than Jordan - the ability to deliver quality crosses into the box with regularity is far more important than making people go "oooh" three times a season.

And before you say it (the usual suspects - you know who you are), I'd be lucky to make Mrs. DesertFox go "oooh" three times a season! But I am pretty good at lobbing one over with regularity.... :icon_cool

highland fox said:
True MK but they will find some other poor fecker to blame...MDV no doubt.
Can't we publish homer's seat position so the 'boo-boys' can target their anger towards him?

sorry, block...:icon_lol:

MKFox said:
There's no need for that, let him get on with his career, don't start with the needless bitching.

That part was about giving out information previously not revealed. We were always surprised that no message board posters (on any m/b) picked up the fact that one less player departed as a result of these clauses, than the original number of players revealed as on them, didn't even see a guessing game thread

Foxes_Trust said:
That part was about giving out information previously not revealed. We were always surprised that no message board posters (on any m/b) picked up the fact that one less player departed as a result of these clauses, than the original number of players revealed as on them, didn't even see a guessing game thread

Obviously we get a different sense of enjoyment in our spare time. :) ;)

Foxes_Trust said:
So why make a point of putting him down now?
What good does that serve?
And why, if you are working for the fans, did you not make that info available before?
You're not the fecking secret police, so why behave like them?
And if you did know, then surely a bit of spin on the situation could have made the boo boys back off Jordan and given him the encouragement he so obviously needed?

Foxes_Trust said:
It was reported at the time that Keith Gillespie was the other player with a get out clause. Maybe the report was wrong, but I think it's probably why there was no speculation.

Jordan moving to Watford for £125k sums up how football has changed and a sense of realism has returned to the game, we have to remember that we finished 15th last season with a huge number of the squad under performing, most of these players then being replaced by Levein. We were all unhappy with the outcome of last season and I find it difficult to comprehend why people are criticising Levein for moving out the dead wood.

Levein has demonstrated exactly what we require from a manager, in our circumstances, he has been ruthless and is not prepared to go into the new season with players who are not buying into what he is trying to achieve. CL has stated that he wanted a young, energetic team who play with hunger, by moving out the likes of Stewart, Heath, Wright and Canero is confirm that these players do not possess the attributes required to take this club forward. Let Levein bring in his replacements and then judge the squad and the manager, I for one applaud Levein, this is what this club needs.

As for the transfer fee, what did Stewart do to warrant a 500k transfer fee as some people were stating, he is an average championship player at best who appears to have now found his level, the transfer market has taken on a sense of realism and to be honest I think it is a fair deal especially when you consider the fees paid for Hughes, Maybury and McCarthy.

Chrysalis said:
I was comparing it to who cardiff sold (they finished below us) they sold 3 players for millions.

That is difficult to understand.:icon_sad: :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670