Jordon has gone to Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart was one of our better players last season, I'm sorry to see him go. OK he had a few shocking games, but there were far more games when he looked like our only attacking threat, and that's from left back.
But he was probably on relatively high wages as he's been at the club since the Premiership days, so if CL can put the saved wages and the transfer fee towards a good new signing it may have been worth letting him go.

TommyK said:
had a lot of skill on the ball

??? Sorry are we still talking about the same jordan stewart?

Martha Stewart has more ball control.

He was not as bad as some of the other piss poor feckers playing last year

But that isn't saying a great deal

(and sadly some of them are still here)

admin said:
Stewart was one of our better players last season, I'm sorry to see him go. OK he had a few shocking games, but there were far more games when he looked like our only attacking threat, and that's from left back.
But he was probably on relatively high wages as he's been at the club since the Premiership days, so if CL can put the saved wages and the transfer fee towards a good new signing it may have been worth letting him go.
yeah i agree. must have been on close to 10 grand a week.

His wages probably were the highest (or at least close to it) so at least it does give Levein some money to spend.

If he can sign Stephen Hughes, Paddy McCarthy and Alan Maybury all for £100k each or less, than he should be able to do something good with this, especially if Heath goes for the reported £100,000 too and he has that to spend.

Still not happy about it though, and it is a very sad state when by the end of this summer our longest serving player could be someone who's been here a year.

From the Official Site:

Jordan Stewart has today left Leicester City to join Watford.
More to follow......
What a feckin' disgrace that site really is - Watford have got piccies of him in his new strip and everything

Unbelievable

4 more players! With stewart gone and Heath, Wright, Canero and Joey? no longer required then I really don't see how 4 more players is anywhere near adequate.

Are we just going for a 15 man squad this year?

This happened last season, mass exodus, followed by last minute scrambling to sign players to make up a squad - not what Levein said he wanted, confused.:icon_sad:

The OS states the following;

"for a fee that could rise to £125,000."

:mad: COULD!!!!!!

Maybury can play at left back, as can Sheehan, as can Tiatto (if necessary), as can Wilcox (if desperate)

More pitiful dead wood gone - pity he can't take one or two more with him

Get over it

TommyK said:
he doesn't seem to be able to get any players at the moment! Wilcox at left back - i dread to think

Jordan was a miserable left back!!! Leicesters Roberto Carlos he most certainly wasn't!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669