Just when things seemed sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just trying to keep the Thai market keen.

My ultimate dream is to make Europe again, I would die a happy fan if I could go to Europe with Leicester.

However......

The huge percentage of utter Tossers that follow us will be hanging off those words for the next 5 years and no doubt at least 20 managers and eventually the owners will be sacrificed chasing that crazy dream.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being ambitious. I've always thought a club of our size (good fanbase, one club city) could challenge for honours with the right investment and management. We'll never mix it long-term with the real big city clubs but no reason why a provincial club shouldn't aim for top six finishes and cup wins as a gooden period in their history. If the opportunity is there, through financial backing, for that club to be us then brilliant.

Where I worry is the public statement (with timescales) of that ambition before we've kicked a to flight ball. That makes them look a tad deluded. And quoting a budget means we could get done over in fees. But I'd be disappointed if, behind closed doors, there hadn't been discussions about where the club should be in five or ten years time. So long as contingencies are in place should things go wrong then let's aim for more than 17th every season.

I reckon they should have said ''we should aim for our usual mediocrity'', this way when we achieve it we can all say ''I told you so''.

Aim high - over achieve
Aim low - please see ''Nottingham Forest''

Is it just me that reads that as 'once we establish ourselves as a Premier League club, I hope to challenge the top 5 within 3 seasons'?

So the establishment has no time period, in my opinion staying in the league for a minimum 3 seasons with gradual improvement would be my classification of establishment, then attempt to challenge the top 5. Nothing wrong with that.

£180 million simply equates to what we are supposed to earn from the PL if we stayed there for three seasons

Be surprised if we spent more than 10/15 million this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570