Kamil Zayatte

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! I am just concerned that just some of his stupid (reportedly £20,000 per week) wages may still be a stupid amount.

The rumour under O'Neill was that we had five players on £35k per week (Izzet, Lennon, Elliot, Walker and Heskey I think). That is what lead us into administration when it all went tits up after he moved to Celtic and Taylor took us down. It was never sustainable (if true)

The rumour under O'Neill was that we had five players on £35k per week (Izzet, Lennon, Elliot, Walker and Heskey I think). That is what lead us into administration when it all went tits up after he moved to Celtic and Taylor took us down. It was never sustainable (if true)

I think the more problematic of those contracts were sanctioned by Taylor and the board at the time. The issue was giving Elliott and Izzet 5 year contracts on 35k+ per week at the age of 29/30.

The rumour under O'Neill was that we had five players on £35k per week (Izzet, Lennon, Elliot, Walker and Heskey I think).

Walker wasn't signed until a year or so after MON jumped ship.

Lennon was given a 32k a week salary under Taylor. At the time, O'neill wanted him at celtic and he really wanted to go. Leicester wanted to keep him and were willing to offer him a new contract. Lennon asked for what he believed to be an unrealistic amount (32k) but to Lennon's suprise leicester gave him it. It was a few months after this that Lennon eventually left leicester for celtic for a drop in wages.

Lennon was given a 32k a week salary under Taylor. At the time, O'neill wanted him at celtic and he really wanted to go. Leicester wanted to keep him and were willing to offer him a new contract. Lennon asked for what he believed to be an unrealistic amount (32k) but to Lennon's suprise leicester gave him it. It was a few months after this that Lennon eventually left leicester for celtic for a drop in wages.

This is the rumour I heard, the rumour carries on that when Izzet, Elliott, etc found out about Lennon getting that amount they all went knocking on the door and asked for a similar stupid amount and were all given it.

This is the rumour I heard, the rumour carries on that when Izzet, Elliott, etc found out about Lennon getting that amount they all went knocking on the door and asked for a similar stupid amount and were all given it.

When I found out what Lennon, Izzet and Ellliot were earning I knocked on my employers door too and asked for more as well but wasn't given it

He's having a medical, well he was a couple of hours ago.

yep 20 pages and hes not even signed yet, i have a feeling he will be a cult hero or crap, hope former!

Yeah. When I was 11 I went to games by myself standing on the terraces, my dad would never take me. I watched Rowley, Banks, etc. I saw the 1957-8 Man U team before the Munich disaster. I was at Norwich, Hillsborough (that was scary being on the terraces next to teddy boys from Liverpool), Wembley during the 1963 cup run. I left for America when I was 21 (1964) and spent 45 years there, getting whatever news I could via short wave (the reception was awful sometimes!) and having newspaper clippings, the Sports Mercury and Match magazine sent out. It became a lot easier to follow the City when the internet came along and then Foxes Player and the Fox Soccer Channel in the USA. I also saw some games when I visited my brother in Leicester (in 1979 & 1993 onwards when I could afford the trip). Now I have moved back & drive 130 miles to each home game.

Thats a bit of a coincidence because my Mum and Dad dragged me kicking and screaming to Blackpool in the autumn of 1964 from Burbage but not before watching us thrash the Arsenal 7-2 (they lost their goal-keeper after 15mins and Joe Baker went in nets) - unlike you I'm still here - well in Thornton Cleveleys - but still manage half a dozen games a season - My little lad posts on here - Lanxfox jnr - at least I brought him up right - hates the tangerine tossers down the road and has had a hard time at school for the last 6 months as you can imagine but he'll get his own back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669