Kamil Zayatte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejecting a transfer due to wages suggests to me he sees us as nothing more than a cash cow. He values money more than playing.

But I thought he had started every game for hull this season plus would you take a new job with a pay cut?

But I thought he had started every game for hull this season plus would you take a new job with a pay cut?

If you're using the ol' let's compare a footballer to the average bloke's job, here we go:-

I wouldn't take a new job with a pay cut but if my employers (in this instance Hull) said we can't afford your wages and soon we won't be able to play you (dare I say pay). In effect losing your job, yeh I'd take a job with a pay cut.

If you're using the ol' let's compare a footballer to the average bloke's job, here we go:-

I wouldn't take a new job with a pay cut but if my employers (in this instance Hull) said we can't afford your wages and soon we won't be able to play you (dare I say pay). In effect losing your job, yeh I'd take a job with a pay cut.

We have this silly argument everytime when it comes to players salaries. :icon_roll

Why should he leave, if they are that skint how can they afford Harper, Solano, Koren? All new signings.

Last edited:
We have this silly argument everytime when it comes to players salaries. :icon_roll

Why should he leave, if they are that skint how can they afford Harper, Solano, Koren? All new signings.

Solano can't be on that much, if he played for us and we payed him

You forget that if his employer goes into administration, football debts have to be cleared first. So our footballer knows that whatever happens to the club, he will be paid in full. So why on earth would he (or you) opt for a pay cut?

You forget that if his employer goes into administration, football debts have to be cleared first. So our footballer knows that whatever happens to the club, he will be paid in full. So why on earth would he (or you) opt for a pay cut?

True, the fact that we've shown interest also makes it easier for him to take a 'risk' and bleed them dry. He can keep getting stupid wages at Hull knowing that if they went tits up he'd most likely have a job to walk into.

Behind most players there is a mercenary agent and a perhaps an even more mercenary wife. My guess is that if players want to think in terms of loyalty or even being happy at a club a footballers wife will soon put a stop to that.

Behind most players there is a mercenary agent and a perhaps an even more mercenary wife. My guess is that if players want to think in terms of loyalty or even being happy at a club a footballers wife will soon put a stop to that.

I think you're giving the players way too much credit there, mate.

According to the Mirror on 3 Sept, we are going to pay some of his stupid wages.

Did you expect him to play for us without us paying some of his stupid wages?

That article, if it's true, is suggesting that Hull will pay him off to make up for the drop in wages when he moves here permanently. We've done similar things with our overpaid players in the past.

Did you expect him to play for us without us paying some of his stupid wages?

That article, if it's true, is suggesting that Hull will pay him off to make up for the drop in wages when he moves here permanently. We've done similar things with our overpaid players in the past.

No! I am just concerned that just some of his stupid (reportedly £20,000 per week) wages may still be a stupid amount.

No! I am just concerned that just some of his stupid (reportedly £20,000 per week) wages may still be a stupid amount.

Why does that concern you?

Yeah, I invest in a season ticket and have supported Leicester for 57 years. Does that not entitle me to be concerned (i.e., worried) about the financial health of the club?

I think it's already gone past the stage where one player's wages will make a difference. The club was already massively in debt before all our recent signings. If the money men pull out we could end up like Portsmouth - or worse.

Yeah, I invest in a season ticket and have supported Leicester for 57 years. Does that not entitle me to be concerned (i.e., worried) about the financial health of the club?

Just to clarify, is that 57 honest years? - man and boy?

Just to clarify, is that 57 honest years? - man and boy?

Yeah. When I was 11 I went to games by myself standing on the terraces, my dad would never take me. I watched Rowley, Banks, etc. I saw the 1957-8 Man U team before the Munich disaster. I was at Norwich, Hillsborough (that was scary being on the terraces next to teddy boys from Liverpool), Wembley during the 1963 cup run. I left for America when I was 21 (1964) and spent 45 years there, getting whatever news I could via short wave (the reception was awful sometimes!) and having newspaper clippings, the Sports Mercury and Match magazine sent out. It became a lot easier to follow the City when the internet came along and then Foxes Player and the Fox Soccer Channel in the USA. I also saw some games when I visited my brother in Leicester (in 1979 & 1993 onwards when I could afford the trip). Now I have moved back & drive 130 miles to each home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669