Kante Circus begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the brilliant tricks of Mahrez or the furious endeavour of Vardy, it was Kante that made me smile the most. He was the beautiful engine of a sensational side.

This time last year we mourned the loss of his predecessor, Cambiasso. We could never have imagined his replacement would be so much better. I will miss him terribly.

I think it's a mistake on his part. Our team was built for him to excel in and I can't see that happening anywhere else. Chelsea will play more like City next season. Conte is clearly an advocate of the energetic counter-attacking scrappers and he's paying £32m for our best one. But Chelsea won't play like we did last season and they won't see the Kante that we did.

I watched him in the French team this summer with considerable interest. As the games went on, he became less and less the City Kante and more and more the Kante of before and after us. A very good player, no doubt, but no world beater. He was a world beater in a City shirt.

But we made him look better than he is. His misplaced passes won't go unnoticed at Chelsea like they were here. Or his general lack of composure in possession. We didn't need him to be but Chelsea will.

Although totally different players, I see it as similar to when Heskey went to Liverpool. Yeah, he went on to win things and gather international caps but he was never the unplayable battering ram he'd been in a City shirt.

His agent has used him to make a fortune for himself. It's a decision for money and not his players best interest. Unfortunately, Kante never really joined the 'band of brothers' mentality led by Vardy so he was the most likely to move on.

Overall, it takes our net summer spending back to zero. For us to kick on from this massive loss, we must sign two or three big players now.

Meh. Thought better of him really. For football reasons would understand making a step up to one of the foreign giants he's been linked to. Could understand a big money move to a French team in the champions league like PSG or Arsenal. Could even understand another team in Europe from England like Spuds or whichever team finished fourth. He's obviously fearing burn out playing in the CL bless him.

Anyone know if he has relatives on twitter? Could sway his decision if we give them shit.

Without a doubt, the best defensive midfielder that I have ever seen. his ability to pinch the ball is quite incredible.
I am gutted but Leicester City does not revolve around one player. As Brown Nose has said, we now must bring in a top class central midfielder (in addition to Mendy). We must also all remember that the first priority of next season is to stay in the league. Anything inside the top 10 will be another fantastic season.

So will we likely move for William Carvalho now? At least we've made a tidy profit and can't grumble at having had him help us win the title last year. His loss in my opinion though. No doubts Mendy will step up just like Kante did when Cambiasso left. If we can bring in another midfielder that is more defensively minded though that'd be a more suitable replacement. Mendy seems like more of an all rounder/ playmaker than a DM like Kante.

So will we likely move for William Carvalho now? At least we've made a tidy profit and can't grumble at having had him help us win the title last year. His loss in my opinion though. No doubts Mendy will step up just like Kante did when Cambiasso left. If we can bring in another midfielder that is more defensively minded though that'd be a more suitable replacement. Mendy seems like more of an all rounder/ playmaker than a DM like Kante.

On the RL Football Forum their French correspondent pal was suggesting Mendy is more of a defensive midfielder than Kante?

Gutted. I honestly think if he'd have been in Man C or Arsenal team last year they'd have walked the league. Privilege to have had him play for LCFC.

Made the fatal error of looking for an update on Foxestalk. I suspect very strongly that there are some quite unwell contributors on that forum.

Good luck Kante. No matter what anyone says you WILL be a hero and legend at our club. Wherever you go we will always know that your greatest achievement was being a champion with our great club. That can never ever be erased. You are forever going to be the engine room of the immortals you beautiful little French wizard

Axel Witsel was the rumour on the BBC earlier.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Amartey can do with some game time under his belt too.

I think Amartey was signed in January with the view of a potential Kante exit in the summer (same with Gray/Mahrez).

Worth remembering as well that we turned to Kante last summer when we couldn't get Mendy...

Who ever thought we'd be able to get better than Cambiasso?!

Kante is irreplaceable in my mind - but he's also a one of a kind player. Yes it's a shame we won't have him anymore, but neither do most of the other teams! We can sign a defensive mid

A shame to lose him but not the end of the world to lose one. If lose Mahrez off the back of this then that's massively disappointing

What a silly little boy.

A sad affair that highlights the greed of a man over the will to achieve against the odds.

Of all of the established 'big sides' I still see Chelsea as the smallest and the imposters, in fact nearly all of the British clubs are playing at being a big club, this one doesn't have European football.

Shit fans, massive cash.

Any foreign team and I'd wish him all success, certainly not in this instance.

Cheerio

What a silly little boy.

A sad affair that highlights the greed of a man over the will to achieve against the odds.

Of all of the established 'big sides' I still see Chelsea as the smallest and the imposters, in fact nearly all of the British clubs are playing at being a big club, this one doesn't have European football.

Shit fans, massive cash.

Any foreign team and I'd wish him all success, certainly not in this instance.

Cheerio

Perfectly put, sugartits xx

Why Chelsea? Not in the Champions League. I am sure PSG or Juventus would have matched the Chelsea deal.

I do not think he will play as well for them as he has for us.

Step up to the plate Mendy. No pressure my son. You have just got to be better than Cambiasso and Kante were.

So how much do I get? We all get a cut of this sale, right? I'm spending mine on a ****ing jetpack. Or gloves that turn you invisible. Or some burritos.

Wonderful player but really cannot see any rhyme nor reason for this move, we won the league, have champions league football, offered a bumper new contract and the opportunity to build on a football fairytale and he chucks it all in to knob off to a team that next season can only offer a suitcase full of cash. It's not even like he has left for one of Europe's elite or moved due to homesickness.

Not belittling his talent or contribution, but left very disappointed by his actions.

Let's embrace all that he gave us and wish him well for the future :) This happens to TEAMS who are the best in their Country ,people will leave to join clubs they deem Bigger !.We won't change because of his loss, but rather the new players coming in will be welcomed into the fold of a group that is beyond compare in regards to comradeship and all pulling together.

He hasn't gone yet, I'm still hoping. I remember the media reported the Vardy deal as being as good as done at one point.

Just because the media can't contemplate a player choosing to stay at Leicester over Chelsea, doesn't mean that Kante feels the same.

He hasn't gone yet, I'm still hoping. I remember the media reported the Vardy deal as being as good as done at one point.

Just because the media can't contemplate a player choosing to stay at Leicester over Chelsea, doesn't mean that Kante feels the same.
He's been gone for about two months ago unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670