Kenton signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its difficult to enthuse about us signing a player that another average second tier outfit doesn't want. I only saw him a couple of times but he doesn't look a player that will improve the side.

As has been pointed out; the main significance is that it points to the departure of one of our few sellable (defence) players.

Currently, we only have two decent strikers if you discount MDV who is clearly not wanted....and, again, as has been pointed out, a couple of injuries will see us with a strike force of around L2 standard.

I realise there is still plenty of time and let's hope for better things.

Decent signing IMO, I tend to agree with Babylon, RK knows exactly what is happening, who is available, who fits into the budget and his team plans.

I would not be surprised to see one or two players move on, more than likely within the next few days. Whether those players are first teamers, Kisnorbo and / or Stearman or maybe a few of the fringe players like Gerrbrand and / or Sheehan we will no doubt see in the coming days / weeks.

What it does give me, is peace of mind, it would seem that if we are to lose a player or two then RK has already filled the gaps, instead of waiting to the last minute and making a panic signing.

Still feel we need a keeper, left sided player and a back up striker.

1966 said:
The squad numbers may prove to be very interesting, when announced.

Are you sure you dont want to tell us what they are in advance? and then be completley wrong?? ;) :icon_bigg

Durham Fox said:
Are you sure you dont want to tell us what they are in advance? and then be completley wrong?? ;) :icon_bigg
Can't your " contact " down the pub give you some advance info?;)

on the subject on how we are paying the wages. no body mentioned Morris leaving. he was signed when we were in the premiership, so would have been on a decent wage surely?

I fail to see why the issue of squad numbers would generate surprise, unless a certain player or players have not been included. For instance Matty Fryatt was number 12 last season, and it may well be that he wants to stay that number.

Also there is nothing to say that players numbered 1 - 11 necessarily mean they will be RK's planned starting XI.

I think he's been told someone is going to get 69

1966 said:
Last week I was more than impressed with the signings of Johnson and Low.

This week I am a liitle confused with the signing of Kenton, not because he isn't a reasonable player but because I thought we had enough defenders.

Until the transfer window has closed we MAY have to accept a few surprises, even if they look confusing, and simply place our faith in RK.

My thoughts exactly :038:

One possibility... based on what I've seen of him Gerrbrand has an uncommon amount of skill for a defender but lacks aerial power. Maybe retraining him as a midfielder could be in the pipeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669