Kenton signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Melton Fox said:
Sorry, my mistake. I am getting confused with the whole left wing right wing political debate it's now merged into football and I can't distinguish between the 2

Well put a L on one foot and a R on the other then youll know....

Babylon

I'll wait for the transfer window to close before I cry about too many centre backs.

I think it's goodbye Dicky Stearman and Gerrbrand.

Lako42

as loan striker would be ideal, i still think ogrady may well be good enough for this div if called upon. and this season may see dodds or chambers given the odd go

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
MdV is the top earner at the club, his wages shifted off the bill could account for all of these arrivals.

I seriously cant see how we arent losing at least 2 defenders. My money is on Gerrbrand and Stearman.

highland fox

Some people won't be happy until EVERY last player CL brought in as left the Club...:102:

Ox Fox

Melton Fox said:
Chris Tarrant :102:

or perhaps

flanflinger.gif

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Wahey, The Phantom Flan Flingers. Top Bombing Ox :038:

Graz

At first I couldn't work out this signing at all, we have a lot of defenders already, but somebody commented that RK has said he sees Maybury more as a right winger than a defender, so I think that explains why Kenton has signed.

If Maybury is going to be used primarily on the right wing (or at least as backup on the right wing to J. Low), then presumably Kenton is being brought in as backup to Stearman at right back?
He can then also fill in at left back if Johansson is out and if RK doesn't think Sheehan is ready. We only have 4 players who can play at full back, 2 for each side, and if we're planning on using one of those (Maybury) in midfield, Sheehan has only played a few games, and as with Stearman as well, RK won't expect them to be ready to play 46 games in a season yet.

I think it's a good signing, and as long as it doesn't signal that Dicky Stearman is leaving us, then I'm happy with it. If the arrivals of more defenders means Maybury/Gerrbrand are leaving then I'd be quite happy. Even though I think they are decent enough players, they aren't first choice but could both probably command fees, and if that means we can get a left winger or 2, then I'd be very happy with the business :)

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Steven said:
As "I have been able to bring in" is in the present perfect progressive it conveys to me that something started in the past, and it is still happening. :102: :102:

Present perfect progressive?!? Wassat?

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I can't be bothered to analyse this any further, whatever will be, will be.

As for Dicky Stearman, I think we are becoming a bit over emotional. I wouldn't like to see him leave this club. But not for footballing reasons, because he is a local lad.

I have came away from most games saying "Stearman had a good game today", but in reality, I was probably looking for him to be having a good game and only seeing the positives. I mean, in reality, he is pretty shite really. But he has got potential

Is Dicky Stearman irreplaceable?, is the question we should ask.

I think not, he is nothing better than average at the minute. And for those of us that keep believing that Man Utd and Arsenal are watching him, where is the offer? They would want him now while his value is low and he is inexperienced so they can "nurture him".

As for those that think they may have already approached the club and in our infinite wisdom are holding on for another season so we can get more money, forget it. If the big boys want a player, they will get him, the agents will see to that.

I believe Stearman is staying, why would he move to another mediocre club, and why would RK want rid of a local youngster who has came through the academy he is so proud to be part of.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Jeff said:
I'm not arguing with you, I was just trying to work out the way Boc's pedantic brain was working.

I'm not really arguing either - just looking for hidden signals.

MHS

Melton Fox said:
I can't be bothered to analyse this any further, whatever will be, will be.

As for Dicky Stearman, I think we are becoming a bit over emotional. I wouldn't like to see him leave this club. But not for footballing reasons, because he is a local lad.

I have came away from most games saying "Stearman had a good game today", but in reality, I was probably looking for him to be having a good game and only seeing the positives. I mean, in reality, he is pretty shite really. But he has got potential

Is Dicky Stearman irreplaceable?, is the question we should ask.

I think not, he is nothing better than average at the minute. And for those of us that keep believing that Man Utd and Arsenal are watching him, where is the offer? They would want him now while his value is low and he is inexperienced so they can "nurture him".

As for those that think they may have already approached the club and in our infinite wisdom are holding on for another season so we can get more money, forget it. If the big boys want a player, they will get him, the agents will see to that.

I believe Stearman is staying, why would he move to another mediocre club, and why would RK want rid of a local youngster who has came through the academy he is so proud to be part of.

Bravo to that!! :038: :038:

homer

Melton Fox said:

To get some money ?:102:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
homer said:
To get some money ?:102:
But if you read the rest of the post, nobody will be prepared to pay. The big boys aren't knocking and the rest are mediocre and are just plodding along with their own right backs

homer

Melton Fox said:
But if you read the rest of the post, nobody will be prepared to pay. The big boys aren't knocking and the rest are mediocre and are just plodding along with their own right backs

So why sign yet another mediocre right/centre back then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669