Kenton signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more interested in a single line of RK's statement on the transfer - "We've made four signings now and I am pleased with the players that I have been able to bring in."

Students of the English Language may note his use of the perfect tense rather than the imperfect tense - perhaps a sign that Kenton is the last.

highland fox said:
For me its not that kenton is a bad player just that we don't need anymore defenders...someone has to go.
lets hope the ones that go attract a fee and we can sign a decent back up striker with the money.

highland fox said:
What we playing next season 7 across the Back:icon_conf

I genuinely laughed out load when I read this. :038: :038: :icon_bigg :023:

fcukcov said:
lets hope the ones that go attract a fee and we can sign a decent back up striker with the money.

I suspect we'll need to sell someone just to pay for the wages of the new players we've signed already.
The wage budget is being reduced for the coming season, so I don't see how we can make all these signings without someone leaving. Joey's wages won't have paid for them all, and allowed for the reduced budget.

bocadillo said:
I'm more interested in a single line of RK's statement on the transfer - "We've made four signings now and I am pleased with the players that I have been able to bring in."

Students of the English Language may note his use of the perfect tense rather than the imperfect tense - perhaps a sign that Kenton is the last.

If you mean "We've", I am not sure that conveys anything? :icon_conf :icon_conf :102:

Steven said:
If you mean "We've", I am not sure that conveys anything? :icon_conf :icon_conf :102:

"We've" and "I have been" - both might suggest that the process is finished.

Jeff said:
I suspect we'll need to sell someone just to pay for the wages of the new players we've signed already.
The wage budget is being reduced for the coming season, so I don't see how we can make all these signings without someone leaving. Joey's wages won't have paid for them all, and allowed for the reduced budget.
tis true jeff but overall the wage budget has been massively reduced over the past year. I would expoect that overall the wage budget has been lowered sufficiently to allow for these signings.

A decent fee for two defenders would allow say 250k for a back up striker I would think. Dont we also have some money from the input of the new chairman?

What's happened with MDV?

Now the Dutch have gone out of the World Cup sponsored by MasterCard™ you'd think the phone would be ringing off the hook.

he can play left back, im sure someones going

Jeff said:
I think he's talking about the use of the word "been".

As "I have been able to bring in" is in the present perfect progressive it conveys to me that something started in the past, and it is still happening. :102: :102:

Ox Fox said:
What's happened with MDV?

Now the Dutch have gone out of the World Cup sponsored by MasterCard™ you'd think the phone would be ringing off the hook.

Dunc posted that MDV will not be playing for us next season and I see no reason to doubt his word.You wait come December when its O'Grady and Hamill up front,MDV won't look so bad.

Melton Fox said:
Low will play there won't he?
he plays on the right. after RK's "square pegs in round holes" statement i don't think he'll be played out of position

Nathan said:
don't we still need a left winger? more important than a striker IMO

OK, say MDV does go. What options are we left with upfront -

Fryatt
Hume
Elvis
O'Grady
Chambers*
Dodds*

(*no experience at this level)

All very direct players and not a single target man among them. So our tactics will be very predicable and after hald a dozen games we'll be found out. We need someone upfront in who can give us a few more options.

Last edited:
Nathan said:
he plays on the right. after RK's "square pegs in round holes" statement i don't think he'll be played out of position
Sorry, my mistake. I am getting confused with the whole left wing right wing political debate it's now merged into football and I can't distinguish between the 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669