Keown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read all these posts, impassioned and generally supportive of MA, I am amazed at the affect a win at Gillingham seems to have had on a group of supportes who, for the most part, were (me included) calling for the manager's head after the QPR game. What's changed? We don't know the facts (as Gary Silke has pointed out, the OS is not for earthlings) and I'm disinclined to give MA the benefit of the doubt. Even if Keown had muttered behind MA's back, it's more likely isn't it that he did so because his public views on MA's shambolic tinkerings were invited to rest where the sun don't shine by MA? As far as I'm concerned this is further evidence of poor man management skills, and quite possibly a calculated move to remove from the Board's consideration one of the candidates to replace him.

Adams out!

Micky has done the only thing possible

He's done the only thing possible to satisfy his rampant egomania. Perhaps a better idea would be to sit down quietly and talk to someone who has fondled silver more times than the lone ranger, and who might actually have an opinion that was worth listening to.

The man is an arrogant cok, and so out he goes.

But what is REALLY annoying is the complete fabrication of facts and events that have appeared on the official website:

"With Matt Elliott returning to full fitness and the emergence of Richard Stearman, we now have a number of centre halves available to us and unfortunately are not in a position to guarantee Martin regular first-team football."

Why the f*ck did he join in the first place then ?
Why say this shite when Adams hasn't even let Stearman play a game yet ?
What happens when Elliott and/or Dabizas/Heath gets inured ?
Why does this apply to centre halves but not to centre forwards ?
If we've got too many, then why get rid of the best centre half we have /
If Elliott is that good, why did Adams have him out the door to Ipswich last year ?

It's lies, lies and more lies.

Please remember the following comments when we signed him :

"He's a fantastic professional. Martin is a leader. I felt that it was important for us to bring a player with that quality to the club," said Micky Adams. "We've beaten a lot of clubs to his signature."

Shambles shambles shambles shambles shambles

homer said:

He's done the only thing possible to satisfy his rampant egomania. Perhaps a better idea would be to sit down quietly and talk to someone who has fondled silver more times than the lone ranger, and who might actually have an opinion that was worth listening to.

The man is an arrogant cok, and so out he goes.

But what is REALLY annoying is the complete fabrication of facts and events that have appeared on the official website:

"With Matt Elliott returning to full fitness and the emergence of Richard Stearman, we now have a number of centre halves available to us and unfortunately are not in a position to guarantee Martin regular first-team football."

Why the f*ck did he join in the first place then ?
Why say this shite when Adams hasn't even let Stearman play a game yet ?
What happens when Elliott and/or Dabizas/Heath gets inured ?
Why does this apply to centre halves but not to centre forwards ?
If we've got too many, then why get rid of the best centre half we have /
If Elliott is that good, why did Adams have him out the door to Ipswich last year ?

"He's a fantastic professional. Martin is a leader. I felt that it was important for us to bring a player with that quality to the club," said Micky Adams. "We've beaten a lot of clubs to his signature."

Here here, well said Homer!!

If he want's to get rid of a defender surely it's got to be Dabizas......Nothing happened to nikos when he was slagging of the team after Greece fluked euro 2004!!!! Keown is only saying what everyone is thinking!!!! Keown is Beautiful!!!!

What are the chances Palace snap him up on a free to form the best looking management alliance in the Premiership?

I agree it took some guts for MA to settle this sharpish considering the heat he's already getting. There does seem to be a number of incidents where hes had to deal with a breach of club discipline though...Red cards etc?

Gonads said:
What are the chances Palace snap him up on a free to form the best looking management alliance in the Premiership?

I agree it took some guts for MA to settle this sharpish considering the heat he's already getting. There does seem to be a number of incidents where hes had to deal with a breach of club discipline though...Red cards etc?

welcome to da talkinballs gonad :wink:

bluechav said:
Gonads said:

welcome to da talkinballs gonad :wink:

Cheers mate!

homer said:

Why the f*ck did he join in the first place then ? To coach as well as play..
Why say this shite when Adams hasn't even let Stearman play a game yet ? Not been needed yet...
What happens when Elliott and/or Dabizas/Heath gets inured ? Unlikely they'd all be injured...
Why does this apply to centre halves but not to centre forwards ? Because Benji is Rooney in disguise...
If we've got too many, then why get rid of the best centre half we have ? Because he was an arse..
If Elliott is that good, why did Adams have him out the door to Ipswich last year ? Elliott's too slow for the Premierhip...

FOXFAN said:
at the end of the day micky can't let keown turn the team aginst hi, he has to show that he's there and what he says goes - he is the manager after all.

It's a brave thing to do and IMO the right thing to do.

He's sent out a stern warningto the rest of the squad "if you're not happy with the way i run things then f**k off"

Well done Micky - no player is bigger than their manager.

No player can be allowed to be bigger than the manager. Which means the manager, if he's handling the very best players, has got to be a giant himself. However Mickey Adams' authority has been WILFULLY undermined then he's dealt with the matter firmly and quickly (surprisingly quickly considering how slowly he's dealt with other problems but that's digressing).

I still feel uneasy though. First, I wouldn't dream of reading the Mirror for a factual account of anything so the reality is, short of comment from Adams or Keown, we don't know exactly what's gone on.

Pity really cos the PR side of managing a football club has been just as bad as Adams tactics on too many occasions. If anything unusual or untoward has occured the fans are entitled to an honest explanation.

Secondly Keown has played for years at one club, has been an international regular and doesn't seem to carry much baggage as a troublemaker (within his own camp).

Was this all fanned by nievity, misunderstanding, a clash of personalities ... I'd love to know?

Truth is though that to be a top class manager in the image of Fergy, Wenger, Shanks, Cloughie etc you've got to be able to cope with strong, volatine, contentious characters.

They are often the characteristics which make the difference between a good player and a genius.

If, and I only say if, Keown was criticising the tactics he was undoubtedly right and cared enough to say so. The rub would have been had he voiced his feelings behind the boss's back and with malicious intent.

There's many an individual who has made his point to a third party in the certain belief that it will get back to the boss who might then act on it.
Gillingham was certainly our best performance of the season and I'm wondering now how it came about.

I wonder if we'll ever know the truth but it appears to have ruined my "Best City team" line-up!.

Firstly as none of us have been presented with all the facts behind this shambolic episode I find it difficult to pass judgement on who was at fault or who has behaved badly, but one thing it has done has highlighted a number of issues at our club.

1) Why are the club treating us supporters as idiots, was it not us that stood behind them after all the shame of La Manga, yet 9 months later they spin out some bullshit story that the best central defender at the club is behind in the pecking order to some 17 year old who has never played for the first team and the club captain who has been injured and was only felt good enough to be loaned out to Ipswich last season even when defensively we were a shambles.

2) Martin Keown is a winner and does not accept failure or second best why is this deemed as a quality not welcomed at LCFC.

3) What has changed in Martin Keown that has suddenly turned him into a trouble maker always been described as a model pro.

4) If Keown was talking about MA behind his back who was the snitch who grassed him up. And from what has been said about the QPR game it seems he said it to MA's face during the game as well as Dublin both were reportedly questioning MA's decisions.

5) Maybe Keown has seen things that arent right, pointed out weaknesses etc to Adams and he has chosen to ignore Keown and carry on making the same errors and Keown has lost paitence and snapped.

6) Adams has seen what influence Shearer has had over managers coming and going at Newcastle and thought youre not doing it here Keown and booted him out.

Whatever has gone on it is yet another embarrassing chapter in LCFC recent history. As much as I rate Keown I am dissappointed that he has undermined the manager, but I am also disappointed with Micky Adams who has yet again got this club embroiled in yet another unsavory incident.

I am afraid for me its the last straw it is yet another PR disaster and the final nail in Adams coffin, why couldnt this be resolved within the club instead of in the public eye. What was the last club to sack 3 players in one managers reign over 3 differing incidents. We are a laughing stock and lurch from one embarrasment to another and if Keown has to go for his part then I am afraid so now does Adams he has lost all respect. He cannot control any of his players we are a shambles.

But i will still be there tomorrow cheering for LCFC, not Keown, not Adams, not the board but the club, my club and none of these arrogant egomanics who seem intent on destroying the reputation of our club.

Brighton Fox said:
Howey and Taggart were no great loss. Keown could prove to be, only time will tell.

Whatever Micky said to the players after QPR did the job, lets just hope we've turned a corner now. Tough measures were needed.

I totally agree.

East Anglia Fox said:
Brighton Fox said:
Howey and Taggart were no great loss. Keown could prove to be, only time will tell.

Whatever Micky said to the players after QPR did the job, lets just hope we've turned a corner now. Tough measures were needed.

I totally agree.

Exactly what I have been thinking since Gillingham, where second half we looked a good side.

The fans are critisising ma,
the press is critisising ma,
Why should the players not do it.

MA DISICIONS HAVE BEEN CRAP

Keown has been made the scap-goat for ma

It is only a matter of time before ma leaves city. I just wish we had someone with some balls who would get on and do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566