Keown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised at the reaction on this and you will probably be surprised at this MA supporters comments (me :wink: ).
I think MA may have just lost the plot on this, we do not know the facts, but FFS we have ALL been saying that some of the tactics employed and performances have been lacking something, Keown has been employed as a player coach to sort out a 'fragile' back line, surely it is his job to air his views and give his very experienced opinion and say some of the things that most of us have been wanting to say all season.
The other thing that REALLY pisses me off is the statement on the OS, do they think we really are that thick (AGAIN) Elliott is weeks away from match fitness and Stearman has'nt even played in the first team yet, so can not see how Keown is 'surplus to requirements' :roll: when IMO he has been a rock and should be first on the team sheet.
If he had punched somebody ala little shit then so be it, but to get rid just because he has aired his views is stupid.

Phil The Fox said:
I think we agree ... a shame but it probably had to be done in the circumstances. I just read that Mirror article in full and it sounds like there was a previous 'heart to heart' already.

Credit to MA for dealing with it relatively early in the season,not letting it fester and become a bigger issue.

Phil
thats true.

if he didn't do anything more and more players could have been persuaded into the same opinion as keown. its better to have a small(ish) problem - losing a quality CB - than have a massive problem - MA "losing the dressing room"

RN Fox said:
If only MA had the player management skills of Martin O'niell, he could use the experience of players like Howey and Keown to help the cause.
I am beginning to think that MA is fearful of criticism and right now is reacting in the way of a desperate man.

Stan Collymore,Graham Fenton and Theo Zagarakis might not agree with you on that

If you are using the Mirror for the hard evidence :roll:
ALL managers in any industry get slagged off behind thier backs, even if he was talking behind MA back, it is a bit early for a knee jerk reaction IMO to get rid of a player that would help greatly in getting back up.

When more details come out (if ever) I may change my mind, but on the evidence so far :? :roll:

Naughty Fox said:
but to get rid just because he has aired his views is stupid.

he didn't "air his views" he slagged MA's methods off BEHIND HIS BACK.

like i've said - keown should have spoke to MA directly not go behind his back and cause unrest

I didn't realise it was a Mirror story. In my opinion, the Mirror is the shittiest rag available to man kind. The only thing a Mirror is good for is shoving down Dennis wises throat after using it to wipe your 'morning after a hot curry' arse hole.

Ignore this story, it's probably false.

It's shite management. The man has lost it.

Here is a bloke that has won things in one of the finest sides in the country. He comes here and finds a complete shambles and, quite rightly complains about it.

I'm pretty sure this came to a head at the QPR game when Adams sent Dublin away and left the3 defence stranded. Keown was going apeshit (monkey head that he is) and so was Dublin

F*ckin' good on him. It's about time some of the players stood up to be counted. He's a f*ckin' hero in my book.

But he's straight out the door because mein fuhrer Adams, with a chip on his shoulder that even Michelle McManus couldn't eat, has an ego the size of Pressman's tab at McDonalds.

They'll be queueing for miles to take Keown off our hands, and we have f*cked up royal if he goes.

homer said:
Here is a bloke that has won things in one of the finest sides in the country. He comes here and finds a complete shambles and, quite rightly complains about it.

but the proper way to complain is to go straight to your manager not go behind his back!!!!! why does nobody understand that?

Joe_Fox said:
I didn't realise it was a Mirror story. In my opinion, the Mirror is the shittiest rag available to man kind. The only thing a Mirror is good for is shoving down Dennis wises throat after using it to wipe your 'morning after a hot curry' arse hole.

Ignore this story, it's probably false.
its been on Radio 1 all morning too.

this is just what we didnt want more bad publicity thus creating more in club turmoil. :roll: It should have been sorted out man to man behind closed doors. It never fails to amaze me how many more levels this club can sink to. Any of you actual workers ever slagged your boss off?
:wink: :roll:

FOXFAN said:
Naughty Fox said:
but to get rid just because he has aired his views is stupid.

he didn't "air his views" he slagged MA's methods off BEHIND HIS BACK.

like i've said - keown should have spoke to MA directly not go behind his back and cause unrest

We do not know what the facts are, the Mirror have said he was sacked, the OS say he has not, but been put on the transfer list, so there one lie from the Mirror that can be proven and with thier reputation the rest is probably mostly bull aswell but beefed up to sound good.

Even if he was going behind MA's back surely he should have faith in his other players that they should know were thier loyalty needs to be and MA should be big enough to deal with it rather than spitting his dummy out.

If we get to hear the real story then what I have said may have already been done and MA may have tried everything to resolve the issue, I am just not going to take the word of a trash 'newpaper' about a story and it makes it more fishy with the pathetic excuse on the OS.

homer said:
.... with a chip on his shoulder that even Michelle McManus couldn't eat, has an ego the size of Pressman's tab at McDonalds.

Homer, that is beautiful. The funniest thing you have ever written. I wish you'd stop Adams bashing though, it's not good for morale.

if you ask me its good management.

a big time charlie is no good for the team no matter how he performs, heath and dabizas is a better PARTNERSHIP anyway.

Micky has showed his balls - Keown is robably the "biggest" player we have, if MA can tell him to get lost then i can't see anything stopping him achiaving what he wants.

i bet he is sitting down with all the players now saying : "anyone else feel the same as him? the doors still open. otherwise we have a promotion to fight for."

and he has more or less saked him by making him available on a free anyway. we won't be seeing him play again.

I think MA is right and this could be the rotten apple that has been hurting the team up until now - he ain't that good anymore and if he'd been stirring things up, then piss off you monkey faced twonk.

I live to give, Joe, live to give.

The Adams bashing will not stop, because once again he has shown himself to be a small man, in more ways than one, and a crap manager

I'm also pretty sure that Dublin would not have been a silent partner in this sorry affair, given his reaction at the QPR game.

Is he the next one to go ?

First time i have disagreed with you there Homer...MA has more chance of getting us sorted than monkey face.

This is pathetic. None of us know exactly what has gone on but for whatever reason Adams and Keown have had a disagreement about tactics/training. Rather than think about changing things, IMO it seems like Adams has taken it as a personal insult and put Keown on the transfer list.

I am really gutted that 2 'professionals' can't use their combine experience for the good of LCFC and do the job they are both paid for.

The growing list of people Adams appears to be unable to work with is also concerning.

Micky will sort it out- as long as he still has the respect of the players.

this will be a wake up call to the whole squad they will realise that nobody's position is safe at the club and actually start performing to prove their worth..........................................................

in the ideal world

I've always supported Adams (from a far) and despite serious disapointment at some of the results this season, still wanted to give him a chance. But this is forcing me to worry.

Two senior professionals, Dublin and Keown, both who know a thing or two about football and whose opinions I imagine many of us would respect, are so pissed of at the QPR game they are prepared to make their feelings clear on the pitch.

Next thing you know Keown is off for disagreeing with the way Micky runs things.

frankly I don't care if it was behind Micky's back or not. Sure, if it was then it's disruptive and he deserves to go.... but the important point is that he seems to have some serious misgivings over Adams, as does (by the sound of it) Dublin.

Keown has played under arguably the best manager in the game and seen what it takes to win. I'm sure he's not thick enough to think there wouldn't be marked differences between Arsenal in the Premiership and Leicester in the Championship, but he is still obviously very concerned by what he sees.

I have to say, this doesn't fill me with confidence.

2 years ago micky Adams was a young manager on the up, learning the ropes but with great potential.

2 years later time seems to have stood still, he doesn't appear to have become any more sophisticated in his tactical approach, substitutions and gameplans. It's like he's hit a glass ceiling.

I really hope I'm mistaken as he is a good guy and I'd hate to see him never fulfil the potential he clearly had.

It seems that Micky has done the only thing possible, and the only thing any manager with any sort of pride or self belief would do. Could be just the thing we need.

I haven't been as impressed with Keown as I thought I would be anyway, and Dabizaz and Heath started to form a decent partnership towards the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566