King Kingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, they seem to have overlooked me...or perhaps they haven't:icon_redf

Well I just got a PM from Homer and Alex asking me to join their inner circle, but given some of the photos and videos they attached I think I'll give it a miss. Think lolhello in Leicester shirts.

Always rated him very highly. Rarely gives the ball away and goes about his job with minimal fuss - evrything is so neat and tidy.

Always wound me up when people were saying he was anonymous during games which is complete and utter bollocks, he wins as many tackles and makes as many interceptions as any of our other midfielders whilst also contributing more going forward.

He's certainly coming on leaps and bounds. As someone on this forum pointed out a while back, an extra yard or two of pace and Chelsea would have been stupid to have let him go. One of the few prospects we've got, if not the only, that looks fully capable of having a premier league career.

There are only two players (Mackie of QPR, Iwelumo of Burnley) who have scored more goals in the league so far this season.

Very impressive when you consider he's also had one or two disallowed and has spent time on the bench.

Always rated him very highly. Rarely gives the ball away and goes about his job with minimal fuss - evrything is so neat and tidy.

Always wound me up when people were saying he was anonymous during games which is complete and utter bollocks, he wins as many tackles and makes as many interceptions as any of our other midfielders whilst also contributing more going forward.

Me! Especially to you.....his nickname from me has gone from Wanny to the Welsh Cryuff.

Loved his second half performance, really got stuck in. That said, at Burnley it was worst performance in a City top ever. :icon_conf

Last edited:
I will come on here and defend my views on King, I was critical of him and can not deny that he is delivering a better performance than any time I have seen him. But that is mainly because he is playing the role that suits him.
He is not and will never be a workhorse midfielder, he is not the best tackler and does not get stuck in enough imo, which was my gripe about him in the role that he was asked to do. I still stand by that and at the time (relegation season and last season) he was not the type of player that suited that role. I still think that he can be anonymous during times throughout a game now, but with the system that we are playing that is not as important.
It has always been clear that he can pass a ball and also has a very good eye for goal and I take my hat off to him for the way he has done that so far this season, but I really do think there is a bit of an over reaction regarding Muzzy comments etc....

I hope he continues in the role that he is playing and continues to improve and impress as he will play a very big part this season.

I will come on here and defend my views on King, I was critical of him and can not deny that he is delivering a better performance than any time I have seen him. But that is mainly because he is playing the role that suits him.
He is not and will never be a workhorse midfielder, he is not the best tackler and does not get stuck in enough imo, which was my gripe about him in the role that he was asked to do. I still stand by that and at the time (relegation season and last season) he was not the type of player that suited that role. I still think that he can be anonymous during times throughout a game now, but with the system that we are playing that is not as important.
It has always been clear that he can pass a ball and also has a very good eye for goal and I take my hat off to him for the way he has done that so far this season, but I really do think there is a bit of an over reaction regarding Muzzy comments etc....

I hope he continues in the role that he is playing and continues to improve and impress as he will play a very big part this season.

not as good as muzzy yet of course but when he's 28-30 he will be a top quality player

Player of the season for me last year and pretty good in the promotion season. His goal scoring record from midfield almost from when he came in to the side puts many others to shame.

Always first on Stringer's team sheet, so must be a legend!

That said he was awesome last night playing just behind Howard.

Last edited:
King is a good player now but I don't see how our academy can take all that much credit for him as we only picked him up at 15 as a reject from Chelsea, a brilliant bit of business similar to Crewe picking up reject players from bigger clubs and developing them into good saleable players. Hope he stays around for a few years.

King is a good player now but I don't see how our academy can take all that much credit for him as we only picked him up at 15 as a reject from Chelsea, a brilliant bit of business similar to Crewe picking up reject players from bigger clubs and developing them into good saleable players. Hope he stays around for a few years.

I think 7 years is long enough to take a fair amount of credit. It's very rare for someone to come fully through the ranks.

The youth setup is one area I hope Sousa can have some real influence on. If we could produce more 'footballers' and fewer athletes we will benefit far more.

Lazzer was saying to me last night he never saw King developing as he has and neither did I. That is what he has done though, developed. Well done to those that spotted the potential.

Clearly wont be here after January though :)

Off topic but thought I'd add that I was watching University Challenge on Monday night and there was a guy whose surname was 'Fox' and he was at The University of Durham.

When he buzzed the announcer would say 'DURHAM FOX' and I thought of you Durham Fox. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669