King Kingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but thought I'd add that I was watching University Challenge on Monday night and there was a guy whose surname was 'Fox' and he was at The University of Durham.

When he buzzed the announcer would say 'DURHAM FOX' and I thought of you Durham Fox. :)

:)

I'm really glad he's coming good, I'm a big fan of Kingy and always have been.

He's good friends with a few of my mates (he went to school with them, and still has nights out with one of them that has moved up to Loughborough) and they've told me plenty of times that he loves it here and wants to stay. Hopefully that continues!

Will be worried about losing him in January, but as long as we're doing well hopefully he'll stay. Hopefully the new owners won't be quick to sell off good players with the investment they're making in the club, because they're only going to make money by getting to the Prem.

Unless a silly offer of £4m+ comes in then can not see Milan & co accepting the offer given the noises coming out of Thai Power Ltd or whoever they are

The youth setup is one area I hope Sousa can have some real influence on. If we could produce more 'footballers' and fewer athletes we will benefit far more.

In a rare moment I am in total agreement with you. There needs to be far less emphasis on winning at youth level and more on developing.

Seems like we've had a long list of players banging in goals for fun at the youth level that never really developed into real footballers.

In a rare moment I am in total agreement with you. There needs to be far less emphasis on winning at youth level and more on developing.

Seems like we've had a long list of players banging in goals for fun at the youth level that never really developed into real footballers.

I think they've concentrated too much on the youth team winning, instead of developing individual players.
The success of the team should be irrelevant at that age.

I think they've concentrated too much on the youth team winning, instead of developing individual players.
The success of the team should be irrelevant at that age.

But surely winning comes with talented young players? Or are we winning with the wrong approach?

But surely winning comes with talented young players? Or are we winning with the wrong approach?

If they're concentrating on the team being successful, the biggest lads available will get picked ahead of the more slight, but possibly more skilful, players.
**** the team, develop individual skill

If they're concentrating on the team being successful, the biggest lads available will get picked ahead of the more slight, but possibly more skilful, players.

**** the individual, we want under-18 trophies!

I haven't seen the youth teams play. I take it we have the approach of picking players like Parkes then? Big physical specimens with pace and power but lacking in technical ability?

I haven't seen the youth teams play. I take it we have the approach of picking players like Parkes then? Big physical specimens with pace and power but lacking in technical ability?
That appears to have been the case. We have kids that can bully teams of their own age, but do not appear to kick on technically.

Absolutely superb on Tuesday. Generally poor performance from all in the midfield today.
I know many on here dislike Oakley but IMO we missed him after he went off.

I said today.....

I must say over the last six months he has improved match by match, and that's what you need from the younger players, improvement on a constant basis.
Today he was woeful, but I put that down to Wellens who is steadily becoming a joke.

No one saying how well he played today? No one?

He wasn't great today, I'm happy to admit that. Funny how you were nowhere to be found on Tuesday, or any of the days after that match though.

I think it's sad that someone can have such a vendetta against a player who plays for the club they're supposed to support.

He wasn't great today, I'm happy to admit that. Funny how you were nowhere to be found on Tuesday, or any of the days after that match though.

I think it's sad that someone can have such a vendetta against a player who plays for the club they're supposed to support.

Who says it's a vendetta? I have never said anything of the sort! All I have done before is stated how frustrated I get on his former style of play, as have a lot of other posters on here. I can remember Lineker getting the same treatment when he first made the team.

Also you will not get me crowing and jumping up and down at one good result, as usually you will get kicked in the teeth from this club, look at yesterday!

Absolutely superb on Tuesday. Generally poor performance from all in the midfield today.
I know many on here dislike Oakley but IMO we missed him after he went off.

Agreed on both points.
Not that you lot would be surprised I agree about the Oakley bit!

I said today.....

I must say over the last six months he has improved match by match, and that's what you need from the younger players, improvement on a constant basis.
Today he was woeful, but I put that down to Wellens who is steadily becoming a joke.

Agree with both point as well.

My gripe with King when he was first playing regularly was his apparent lack of being able to put a tackle in, over the past two years he has improved no end and so far is matching up to the potential he showed as a kid, of course he is always going to have off days- all players do, and yesterday he was very quiet, but so far I'm pleased to see his all round game get better as time goes by.

Personally I thought Wellens should've gone off cos he was pants, and even though it was his assists on Tuesday, I would've took him off at halftime cos he pissed me off with his shit passing and wimping out of tackles. Regardless of him laying off the final pass for King for the both goals, I think we would've won anyway, just because it was revenge on Cardiff for the play-offs and the players themselves weren't going to let those welsh gits beat them.

Yesterday I was sat at a red light when I noticed Andy King & Micheal Morrison walking past. I wound my window down and shouted the first thing that came into my head "LEGENDS!". :icon_redf.

They both looked at me as if I had just shouted "BELLENDS!" so I saved myself by sticking my thumb up, for which they both nodded.

I then drove off, slightly embarrased and feeling like a tit!

I told my missus that It could have been Brad Pitt and Angelina and I couldnt have been more excited! :icon_lol:

Yesterday I was sat at a red light when I noticed Andy King & Micheal Morrison walking past. I wound my window down and shouted the first thing that came into my head "LEGENDS!". :icon_redf.

They both looked at me as if I had just shouted "BELLENDS!" so I saved myself by sticking my thumb up, for which they both nodded.

I then drove off, slightly embarrased and feeling like a tit!

I told my missus that It could have been Brad Pitt and Angelina and I couldnt have been more excited! :icon_lol:

Angelina maybe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670