LASIK/LASEK Laser Eye Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked on Optimax site with his prescription and it would cost at least £2500 - and he would only be able to have the ICL

Sounds like a bargain to me, even if it only lasted 10 years. I spend a lot lot more than £250 on contact lenses alone, not to mention the solutions, check ups etc etc.

Sounds like a bargain to me, even if it only lasted 10 years. I spend a lot lot more than £250 on contact lenses alone, not to mention the solutions, check ups etc etc.

My contacts cost £120 a year all in!

Imagine my disappointment when I found out that 'laser eye surgery' didn't mean that I'd have lasers for eyes to zapp people with.
Gutted.

You probably don't need toric, silicon hydra gel lenses?

As I've never heard of them so i would suggest not. Whats special about them? Are they 3g?

As I've never heard of them so i would suggest not. Whats special about them? Are they 3g?

Toric are for astigmatism and cost considerably more than normal lenses due to the weighting at one side to keep them the right way round.

:icon_lol: Toric lenses are required to correct astigmatism which is the cause of my short sightedness. SHG lenses are required for extended wear, as they allow oxygen to penetrate the lense and nourish the cornea which has no blood supply and can only survive from the oxygen it collects from the air. If the cornea is starved of oxygen then blood vessels attempt to grow in to the cornea to feed it oxygen which is very dangerous.

:icon_lol: Toric lenses are required to correct astigmatism which is the cause of my short sightedness. SHG lenses are required for extended wear, as they allow oxygen to penetrate the lense and nourish the cornea which has no blood supply and can only survive from the oxygen it collects from the air. If the cornea is starved of oxygen then blood vessels attempt to grow in to the cornea to feed it oxygen which is very dangerous.

Well today I have learnt.

Can you use the standard solutions with them? I never use up all of mine so I sell the spares on ebay.

Can anyone recommend which opticians to go to for an eye test? I'm not sure about using a chain like vision express...

Well today I have learnt.

Can you use the standard solutions with them? I never use up all of mine so I sell the spares on ebay.

You can do yes but they are designed for 30 days continuous wear, night and day so in theory you don't need solutions. However I take mine out each night. Ive used standard solutions before but tend to use solutions now that are designed specifically for SHG lenses as they tend to keep them a bit better.

Can anyone recommend which opticians to go to for an eye test? I'm not sure about using a chain like vision express...

The person performing the eye test has to be fully qualified no matter where you go.

You can also ask for a prescription and fulfil your needs elsewhere for a better price on the lenses or frames :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669