LASIK/LASEK Laser Eye Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its something that I want to consider when I have the money. But just can't afford it now. Also needed my prescriptions to stablise and the last 2 years have been the first time they have stayed the same in 15+ years.

LASEK doesnt require them to cut a flap in your cornea. LASIK does.

I see they are quoting figures now of 99.88% of people achieving a driving standard correction and 94% achieving 20:20 vision or better. Pretty impressive.

This was LASIK she had done then and it was fantastic by all accounts.

I would really struggle with anything that close to my eye.

I see they are quoting figures now of 99.88% of people achieving a driving standard correction and 94% achieving 20:20 vision or better. Pretty impressive.

Impressive stats indeed - surely Joe_ can't turn a blind eye to them

I'm sure most contact lense wearers would be pretty used to it.

i'm a contact lens wearer for weekends, daily disposals

it's no bother at all once you get used to it

remembering to take them out if more tricky and waking up with what seems to be cataracts

Unless you are one of the 0.12% or the 6% of the people in the stats you mention above.

Unless you are one of the 0.12% or the 6% of the people in the stats you mention above.

Yes, of course, although of the 6% that don't achieve 20:20 vision only 0.12% are below driving standard and still show an improvement in prescription generally. It's the greatest success rate of any medical procedure.

Worth also noting over 43% of people achieve better than 20:20 vision.

It's the greatest success rate of any medical procedure.

Really?

Failure rate for a vasectomy (after the all clear) must surely be lower than that. The chances of a vasectomy rejoining after the all clear has been given is known as late recanalization, and is in fact very rare. It develops in only about one in 4,000 (0.025%) of vasectomies. It has been known to occur as late as 17 months after vasectomy.

Better success than your medical procedure :icon_bigg

i'm a contact lens wearer for weekends, daily disposals

it's no bother at all once you get used to it

remembering to take them out if more tricky and waking up with what seems to be cataracts

So am I, have been for 15 years. In that time, I've never once forgotten to take them out.

Really?

Failure rate for a vasectomy (after the all clear) must surely be lower than that. The chances of a vasectomy rejoining after the all clear has been given is known as late recanalization, and is in fact very rare. It develops in only about one in 4,000 (0.025%) of vasectomies. It has been known to occur as late as 17 months after vasectomy.

Better success than your medical procedure :icon_bigg

I'm no expert, just quoting what I have read.

they probably don't count vasectomy as it's not curing anything.

On the contrary. It can cure the anxiety that is likely to ensue if you usually worry about split condoms or failures of other forms of contraception!

Anxiety can be a terrible thing you know.

On the contrary. It can cure the anxiety that is likely to ensue if you usually worry about split condoms or failures of other forms of contraception!

Anxiety can be a terrible thing you know.

Its not a medical condition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670