Last DVD you bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there are people who do have a whole stash of films that they have downloaded illegally from the internet for free and in so doing have cost these companies millions by sharing these files with others, that's how you costing money to the producers.

I don't believe for a second that you wouldn't buy a dvd or go to the cinema if these things weren't so freely (no pun intended) available off the internet. If I'm honest I also don't believe that you would download these things with the intent of just watching them once if you disliked them and go out and buy a dvd of the films you do like when you already have the exact film on your pc which you can just burn onto a disc for a fraction of the price.

I'm not saying you're the only person doing it, you aren't the first who is out to save a quick buck at the expense of others and you won't be the last but what you're doing is morally and legally wrong on a big level IMO.

It's news to me that lending someone a dvd are illegal but you can understand why companies would be less bothered about it than they are about illegal file-sharing. If someone rents a film and likes it there is a good chance they will go out and buy it for themselves whereas if they download it illegally and like it there's a good chance it will go onto several blank discs and be dished out among the peers for the cost of a pint of beer and a packet of peanuts at the local.

So if you look at it by that logic, you are not only costing companies money but also making a quick dollar for yourself in doing so :icon_lol:

I dont have a DVD burner on my laptop for one :icon_lol: And i absoloutly would and do go on watch the movies if they wer eplayed at the cinema (its always far better to watch a movie at the cinema) in fact i go on avergae once a week to the Odean or the Phoenix depending on whats on. And i do also rent DVDs, i have a LoveFilm account and an account at the Movie place in Blaby, but these have very limited stock and as soon as you want to watch anythign even slightly obscure, and by slightly obscure i mean most of these places dont even stock David Lynch movies I'm ****ed. And no, i would never buy a DVD of something ive never watched before, for me the whole point of buying a DVD is so you can watch it several times, and if theres a good chance im not going to like it and watch it again, i wouldnt buy it.

And im not even gonna bother getting into the debate that i think to charge people for art and entertainment is stupid because thats another matter, and i understand that they have to do it when it comes to movies because they cost so much to make

Producers would be more concerned about torrents because of the sheer number of people using them. Renting is legal, becuase Blockbuster and places liek that have a licence to do it, though renting without a licence is illegal.

And how is borrowing someone's DVD any worse, than downloading someone's DVD? :102: And its not about borrowing, becuase i never keep the films after i watch them or else your disc space would be full up pretty damn quickly

but this thread, and certainly my posts in it, are about people like Fudie who serial download and sell on media. Do you agree that this is wrong?

When you buy a DVD you are licensed to use it for your own private home use.
You aren't allowed to lend, copy or resell it.

If it was illegal then eBay would remove all the DVD listings.

If it was illegal then eBay would remove all the DVD listings.

As I said, When you buy a DVD you are licensed to use it for your own private home use.

I can't comment on what eBay's stance on the issue is, but that doesn't mean I'm incorrect.

but this thread, and certainly my posts in it, are about people like Fudie who serial download and sell on media. Do you agree that this is wrong?

Well, it wasnt, becuase the original arguments were all aimed at me :icon_wink And for the record i can see why pirating DVDs would and should be considered wrong aned yes it should definitly be illegal, but i have issues because i dont think people should be charged for entertainment and art, and hey, if you can make a bit of money out of these things without getting caught :icon_wink

As I said, When you buy a DVD you are licensed to use it for your own private home use.

I can't comment on what eBay's stance on the issue is, but that doesn't mean I'm incorrect.

Im pretty sure it's also illegal to rip CDs to your own computer from a CD youve bought with your own money, though dont quote me on that, its bizarre if true though

Well, it wasnt, becuase the original arguments were all aimed at me :icon_wink And for the record i can see why pirating DVDs would and should be considered wrong aned yes it should definitly be illegal, but i have issues because i dont think people should be charged for entertainment and art, and hey, if you can make a bit of money out of these things without getting caught :icon_wink

I know it's not exactly the same thing but should it also be winked at if people kill for money but don't get caught?

If you'll break one law you'll break them all, it's just haggling over the price.

:icon_roll:icon_roll

Also got the "Damned United"....EXCELLENT ! hartlepools mentioned five tives and Middlesbrough twice....leicester not mentioned at all !

Apocolypse now - Redux.

Extended version with scenes that weren't in the original, probably my favorite film.

Apocolypse now - Redux.

Extended version with scenes that weren't in the original, probably my favorite film.

They've got a two disc special edition of AN in a tin box at Tesco for only £3!

They've got a two disc special edition of AN in a tin box at Tesco for only £3!

Ooooh, whats on the other disc? Extras and shnizz like that?

That's a relief, don't want to be associated with a total homophobic bully.

He should've been shot for the he way he treated Fashunu, not to mention a xenophobic twat to boot. I hate how such a giant bigoted **** has become idiolised :098:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566