Latest ramblings from the dark side....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a Croydon skyscraper which almost feels is shaking......

If I go today people, I would like to thank you all for making my day job bearable, which you do/have. Fact.

Can anyone recall when MM spoke of his desire of city when we got promoted with portsmouth? MA was manager then.... I sincerely hope he doesn't come back (take one step fwd and 2 steps back!) but there is a slight connection there, or is it me?

Can anyone recall when MM spoke of his desire of city when we got promoted with portsmouth? MA was manager then.... I sincerely hope he doesn't come back (take one step fwd and 2 steps back!) but there is a slight connection there, or is it me?

Micky Adams - that would be really excellent but I think Micky would need the guidance of an old hand for a season or so - someone like that high priest of pure football Dave Bassett. Micky and Dave could form a dream team with Bassett conducting negotiations on player acquisitions. He could repeat the magic of those deals where we sign players for about a million quid then give them the contractual right to leave at the end of the season if we don't win the Champions League for a fee of about 50 pence.

Micky in the meantime will be conquering all with his well known tactical nous including brilliant strategic use of substitutes....all disseminated to the admiring football world through those unique post match interviews where Micky Adams explains the thoughts of Micky Adams.

Bring it on!

Micky Adams v Rob Kelly :102: = Micky Adams any day of the week

Micky Adams v A Competent Manager :102: = A Competent Manager any day of the week

Micky Adams v Rob Kelly :102: = Micky Adams any day of the week

Micky Adams v A Competent Manager :102: = A Competent Manager any day of the week

Well to be brutally honest Rob Kelly is not a football manager.

He was someone shoved from the backroom into the job cos they hadn't got the cash to bring in a manager.

Well to be brutally honest Rob Kelly is not a football manager.

He was someone shoved from the backroom into the job cos they hadn't got the cash to bring in a manager.
Cracking bloke though, and he is passionate about Wolv, sorry Leicester through & through

.... I sincerely hope he doesn't come back (take one step fwd and 2 steps back!)

I'm not saying that we should get Micky Adams back but I believe we have taken more than two steps back since he left us! Levein and Kelly have so far took us to a team branded as relegation battlers in the Championship. We are in a far worse position than we were under Adams, he left when we were still in touching distance play-offs and now that is only something we can dream about!

I consider the long-term of this club considerably bright then when Adams was here.

The only reason why the future is brighter is because of the potential takeover.

Micky Adams is - in my opinion - a decent lower divisions manager. In contrast, Levein never got anywhere near to grips with English football and the results were dire. Since Kelly took over, could anyone find any evidence that the results have improved? They have remained dire.

Under Adams we had an ageing squad that wasn't up to it. Now we have a much younger squad - but is that any reason for satisfaction when it's obvious that they are still not up to it? It's not about age - it's about quality and we have next to nothing of that.

But most of all - Kelly doesn't even sound like a winner. He either trots out one or several of a collection of excuses - or, he finds a virtue in us gamely losing: saying something along the lines of we did exceptionally well against Fulham or Villa or whoever...and given that they are undisputed worldbeaters and we played them with a team average age of 11, I am really pleased with them.

Sorry, but Micky wouldn't cut it here - but Kelly is'nt going to either.

Kelly is a great coach. Fact.

I appreciate you are being ironic.

However, for those who may take your comment at face value......where is the evidence that he is any good as a coach?

He was a coach with Levein....and the results were dire.

He coaches now .....and the results are dire.

I wonder how bad the results would be if he were not a "great coach" ?

I appreciate you are being ironic.

However, for those who may take your comment at face value......where is the evidence that he is any good as a coach?

He was a coach with Levein....and the results were dire.

He coaches now .....and the results are dire.

I wonder how bad the results would be if he were not a "great coach" ?

Totally.

I think it's a boy's club at LCFC at present. Absolutely nothing to suggest there is much in the way of manageral quality at all.

The only reason why the future is brighter is because of the potential takeover.

Micky Adams is - in my opinion - a decent lower divisions manager. In contrast, Levein never got anywhere near to grips with English football and the results were dire. Since Kelly took over, could anyone find any evidence that the results have improved? They have remained dire.

Under Adams we had an ageing squad that wasn't up to it. Now we have a much younger squad - but is that any reason for satisfaction when it's obvious that they are still not up to it? It's not about age - it's about quality and we have next to nothing of that.

But most of all - Kelly doesn't even sound like a winner. He either trots out one or several of a collection of excuses - or, he finds a virtue in us gamely losing: saying something along the lines of we did exceptionally well against Fulham or Villa or whoever...and given that they are undisputed worldbeaters and we played them with a team average age of 11, I am really pleased with them.

Sorry, but Micky wouldn't cut it here - but Kelly is'nt going to either.

Regardless of managerial work on the pitch, Levein and Kelly have done well off it. Cut the wage bill and got the average age down. We have 6 or 7 sellable assets now and have the patchwork of a decent team for this they should be applauded.

I made a typo on my comment it should of said
'I consider the long-term of the club considerably brighter than when Adams was here'

Last edited:
Totally.

I think it's a boy's club at LCFC at present. Absolutely nothing to suggest there is much in the way of manageral quality at all.

Yes, yes, yes. I like tits. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670