LCFC happy memories

He was different to Vardy. Low centre of gravity and just ran with the ball.

Barnsley.
You can tell by the way he rolled a much bigger player before setting off. Beautiful goal. Why didn’t Joachim go on to bigger things? Injuries or just not good enough?

You can tell by the way he rolled a much bigger player before setting off. Beautiful goal. Why didn’t Joachim go on to bigger things? Injuries or just not good enough?
Had some injuries, had some gambling issues, and just never quite kicked on.

O’Neill didn’t really fancy him and sold him to Little at Villa, but the bloom was off the rose by then. He struggled for consistency in the Premier League.

He was, genuinely, ****ing brilliant to watch. Bags of skill, ridiculous pace, and a cannon of a right boot.

Had some injuries, had some gambling issues, and just never quite kicked on
"Never kicked on" must be some kind of an understatement. In the day he seemed to have the world at his feet; several caps for England at a junior level; appeared in the last Wembley final while at Villa but then...

...the last time I saw him was when he was playing for Boston United. After that I think he was at Darlington before going on the round of non-league clubs, including many around the county. Last I heard he was involved with some club in the Gibraltar League. He probably challenges the legendary Trevor Benjamin for the number of clubs in his bag.

A great pity. A fantastic talent wasted.

He had a bad injury that ruled him out most of the premier league season Little got us, his achilles iirc. That would certainly affect his pace and mobility, recovery from that kind of thing was a different ball game thirty years ago

Brilliant day, I was in the Trent End for that. Followed that up a few days later watching Rage Against The Machine at Rock City. A great week.
Did you get up to any other really 90’s stuff?

I was past rolllerblading by the 90s, that would have been an 80s thing (not that I did it). The 90s was (predictably) about getting leathered, mostly.
Cut to the opening credits of Men Behaving Badly.

Is still and will likely always be my favourite Leicester game

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664