LCFC happy memories

Their number 4 looked great as all those goals went flying in. Vester something? Quality.

That guy who got sent off as well. Definitely worth a look.
In his defence, and I am sure it has already been mentioned on this forum, the number 4 was present on the pitch for only (ha!) FIVE (another ha!) of the goals; that's only slightly more than half of them.
But the real question that needs to be asked is over the thought process that brought these two chocolate teapots to our club. The only sensible thing that I can come up with is that they deliberately threw the game having being offered lucrative future contracts here. Can anybody come up with a more plausible answer?

Written on my phone on the barg... eeerrr... narrowboat conspiracytheoriesrus

In 1971, I was living in Sarf-East Landon with the woman who was to become my wife in June of that year. City were playing Millwall away and I suggested that we could go to watch to match.

On the day of the match, she asked me how we were going to get there and I said that we would go on the BUS. She is French and asked me what a BUS was. I said that it is a big red thing with a wheel at each corner. She said oh you mean a BERS. This was the beginning of a trend of telling me how to behave that has continued to this day.

So we arrive at Cold Blow Lane and we are right behind the goal in the home end. I hadn't told her about the reputation of the Millwall fans as I didn't want to put her off going to the match. So as soon as City appear on the pitch, she starts screaming and shouting COME ON LEICESTER. I tried to shut her up, but failed, another consistent thread over the last 51 years. I am convinced that the only reason I got out of there alive was that she is very pretty and stands a full 5ft nothing.

Happy memories.

BN’s post in another thread has reminded me of this game. The atmosphere when it all kicked off at the end, with Speedie being fouled and everyone piling in, was amazing:

Has any player ever gone from Villain to Hero as quickly as David Speedie did with Leiceater fans?

BN’s post in another thread has reminded me of this game. The atmosphere when it all kicked off at the end, with Speedie being fouled and everyone piling in, was amazing:

This is the only time I stood in the spion kop.

Great evening. Great atmosphere

Paradise.

The second half of that game was incredible and it’s up there among the best days I’ve had at Leicester. The atmosphere was unreal, you could feel the stand shaking when Vardy equalised.

The first half of that season, before the realisation that we might actually be in for a serious title challenge, was absolutely joyous. Some of the most entertaining football I’ve ever seen us play came in that period.

Paradise.

The second half of that game was incredible and it’s up there among the best days I’ve had at Leicester. The atmosphere was unreal, you could feel the stand shaking when Vardy equalised.

The first half of that season, before the realisation that we might actually be in for a serious title challenge, was absolutely joyous. Some of the most entertaining football I’ve ever seen us play came in that period.
We used to get to half time 1-0 down and all think 'we 've got them just where we want them' which is insane - but it was superb

We used to get to half time 1-0 down and all think 'we 've got them just where we want them' which is insane - but it was superb
Club mottos like Spurs’ daft one are generally cringey and irrelevant but ‘Fearless’ was a brilliant title for that team.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663