LCFC Takeover – Trust Speaks to Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and that they're sitting on a whole pile of money that is not theirs..

Pile of money? Remember 90% of the original investment was retained in the club coffers as part Milan's takeover.

Boc - I'm not really sure whose money you think it is?

The board proposed, it was agreed at the AGM by members & all members were asked to contact the board if they dis-agreed without a single member stating they dis-agreed, that money should be retained to enable the Trust to have funds available for investment in the club in the future

...... and that they repeatedly make the claim that they represent all City fans.

We don't repeatedly claim this, however we would have thought every fan does want to know more details about the takeover, so our conversation this week with the Football League was certainly on behalf of our members and I would have thought the wider fan base.

In terms of if the club do not disclose the new ownership, the Football League know the constitutions and aims of Trusts and therefore believe a Trust is the most appropriate fans body to raise issues in regards to ownership, transparancy & management of their club

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the Foxes Trust: I, therefore, have no axe to grind, but (what a wonderful word, it changes a sentence completely) surely those who are griping at the position of the Trust must accept that some body needs to exist, if one wishes to have a link between the club and the fans. Would one expect the chairman to pop around to each supporter's house and have a little natter?

I believe that I am correct in saying that the Trust is a democratic organisation, open to all and, should the belief exist that the Trust is so corrupt as to be beyond saving, there is nothing to stop any group from setting up a replacement which, should it be more popular, could replace it.

It is rather too easy to be negative - and it currently appears, in all walks of life, to be fashionable too.

Can somebody tell me why we the fans NEED to know this information the trust are demanding to know?
What ****ing difference are they going to do, hold a dirty protest or something?

All mouth and no power!

Can somebody tell me why we the fans NEED to know this information the trust are demanding to know?
What ****ing difference are they going to do, hold a dirty protest or something?

All mouth and no power!

Ah, now there, I have to agree with you 100%.

All mouth and no power!

Thing is though BG, we already have this info. The FL have said that they are happy with the info provided, ie the club have followed the rules, the club have stated publicly that the fans will be given the info as soon as the FL have sanctioned the takeover, ie, the club have followed the rules so they've only have info that we have either been given or already promised.

Still, if it makes them feel better then I suppose we can just let them carry on.

Thing is though BG, we already have this info. The FL have said that they are happy with the info provided, ie the club have followed the rules, the club have stated publicly that the fans will be given the info as soon as the FL have sanctioned the takeover, ie, the club have followed the rules so they've only have info that we have either been given or already promised.

Still, if it makes them feel better then I suppose we can just let them carry on.

But WHY do the fans need to know? If they don't agree are they going to **** off and support forest, derby or covscum? I think not!

Pile of money? Remember 90% of the original investment was retained in the club coffers as part Milan's takeover.

Boc - I'm not really sure whose money you think it is?

The board proposed, it was agreed at the AGM by members & all members were asked to contact the board if they dis-agreed without a single member stating they dis-agreed, that money should be retained to enable the Trust to have funds available for investment in the club in the future

It does you no credit that you don't remember my argument on this. I've put it often enough in the past and you have responded to it.

Much of the money that was used by the Trust to buy their shares in the club was money that was put into buckets at the time of administration. It was not given to the Trust; it was given by fans as their contribution to the saving of the club. The fact that no member of the Trust objected to the board's proposal on the 10% that was paid back is irrelevant, because the money never belonged to the Trust in the first place.

We don't repeatedly claim this...

You have claimed it many times in the past and you have been challenged on it many times in the past; you have claimed it again in this latest statement. If that is not 'repeatedly', perhaps you need to let me know your definition of the word.

...however we would have thought every fan does want to know more details about the takeover, so our conversation this week with the Football League was certainly on behalf of our members and I would have thought the wider fan base.

As has already been pointed out, you didn't tell us anything that we didn't already know. And you considering that such discussions are "on behalf of the wider fan base" is a completely different thing from it actually being so. If you want to pose about on behalf of your members, that's their problem; but please don't believe that you have the authority to do the same for everybody.

In terms of if the club do not disclose the new ownership, the Football League know the constitutions and aims of Trusts and therefore believe a Trust is the most appropriate fans body to raise issues in regards to ownership, transparancy & management of their club

I won't even pretend to know what that sentence is supposed to mean.

Last edited:
When the whole club goes tits up, in some ways I hope the FT says "ah, **** it" and walks away, at exactly the moment most of the fans, including most posters in this thread, will be "demanding" the FT "does something about it".

I'm not a Foxes Trust member but as I've said before, I can not see the logic in having a go at people who genuinely care about the long term future of our football club, especially in the petty and childish manner some people do on here. I don't give a flying **** how many members they have or who they do or don't claim to represnt, I'm just happy there are people who care and are prepared to get involved.

It's a bit like the absolute slating dished out to the people interested in buying the club and the people who owned the shares at the time Milan bought it. We managed to alienate a lot of good, honest, reasonably wealthy and influential City fans who were prepared to have a stake in the club, all because we thought having a foreign sugar daddy owner would be a good laugh and get us to the promised land.

What a bunch of ***** we all look now!

When the whole club goes tits up, in some ways I hope the FT says "ah, **** it" and walks away, at exactly the moment most of the fans, including most posters in this thread, will be "demanding" the FT "does something about it".

I'm not a Foxes Trust member but as I've said before, I can not see the logic in having a go at people who genuinely care about the long term future of our football club, especially in the petty and childish manner some people do on here. I don't give a flying **** how many members they have or who they do or don't claim to represnt, I'm just happy there are people who care and are prepared to get involved.

It's a bit like the absolute slating dished out to the people interested in buying the club and the people who owned the shares at the time Milan bought it. We managed to alienate a lot of good, honest, reasonably wealthy and influential City fans who were prepared to have a stake in the club, all because we thought having a foreign sugar daddy owner would be a good laugh and get us to the promised land.

Pipe down.

It does you no credit that you don't remember my argument on this. I've put it often enough in the past and you have responded to it.

Much of the money that was used by the Trust to buy their shares in the club was money that was put into buckets at the time of administration. It was not given to the Trust; it was given by fans as their contribution to the saving of the club. The fact that no member of the Trust objected to the board's proposal on the 10% that was paid back is irrelevant, because the money never belonged to the Trust in the first place.

The bucket collections contributed some of the money agreed but that didn't even equate to half of the initial investment in the club, the membership fees + additional donations from members made up more than half & then other fund raising activities took place.

Our constitution clearly states that the Trust board is mandated to decide the use of funds, however as a board we feel it is the correct approach to discuss the use of funds with members every year at the AGM, and attendees certainly strongly preferred retaining the money for future investment back into the club.

In terms of fans original intention of the use of money put into the buckets, we believe it has been used as either
a) To save the club, with £136,000 not returned to the Trust as per the terms of the Mandaric takeover (note that figure is far in excess of any bucket collection)

Or if you are trying to argue a % of the £15,000 returned to the Trust came from the bucket collection
b) Those funds have been retained to go back into the club one day

Hence why we still don't see what else you would think is a more appropriate use of those donations?

People always need something to moan about, I just cannot understand why they woud choose something like this as the target.

As, if and when the whole thing goes tits up, the powers that be at the time are not going to give two f**ks about the foxes trust. They are going to be interested in someone with several millions that can rescue the club. The money that the FT has behind the sofa and the "voice" that they have will be of no consequence.

I genuinely care about the long term future of the football club, but until I win the lottery and have several millions to throw around, the club couldn't give a flying **** about me or what I think.

Personally, I don't think we do look like a buch of *****, not compared to how we would have looked had we not have had a sugar daddy, foreign or otherwise.

Is this your friend from Nogales Dessie?
:icon_bigg If he is he might be quite scary, in which case I'm sorry to have pissed you off, Mr Pedro sir.

On the other hand he's probably a ****, so he can probably go **** himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669