Leave it out you twats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven said:
I am such a fickle fan that I have been a fan of Leicester City for over 32 years. MA is only fourth in my list of managers since then. :wink:

I'd agree with that :wink:
MA has still got alot to prove I agree, one season getting promotion against the odds and a poor season in the prem.
It is a pity that LCFC can not allow him to show us all what he really can do, if he sticks around we might find out.
Managers, players and chairman come and go, but we will be here till we are pushing up the daisy's.

Steven said:
I am such a fickle fan that I have been a fan of Leicester City for over 32 years. MA is only fourth in my list of managers since then. :wink:

I don't get it Steven, are you saying that as you have been a fan for 32 years then you're not fickle? I don't get why your length of time supporting the club makes one fickle or not.

My main point is that Leicester City supporters would be better served getting behind the club and manager at this time - he's not going anywhere and was unlucky not to keep a skint club in one of the best leagues in the world and I don't know of many who could have done any better - certainly not ****ing Calderwood like someone suggested...strewth.

Very few managers could have done a better job for leicester last season.

If Micky was signing young unknows the moaners would still be moaning. It is their natural instinct, to the detriment of the club.

FNQ said:
Very few managers could have done a better job for leicester last season.

If Micky was signing young unknows the moaners would still be moaning. It is their natural instinct, to the detriment of the club.

Here here...

Just because you voice concerns over an issue, it does not make you fickle.

Has anyone stopped to consider that these "moaners" might be doing so because they care passionately about the Club, and what happens to it?

Is there anything wrong with wanting the best?

And before anyone says anything, NOBODY is expecting Leicester City to be winning the Premiership, or anything.

We all like a moan from time to time - granted - but FFS the anti-MA nonsense needs to be put in its' place and to be honest is not a moan that is of any current relevance at all, that's all.

alex said:
We all like a moan from time to time - granted - but FFS the anti-MA nonsense needs to be put in its' place and to be honest is not a moan that is of any current relevance at all, that's all.

Maybe, but whilst we live in a democracy, then everyone has a right to their opinion.

I personally am looking forward to the 5 big last minute signings, who will make our season a success!!

alex said:
Steven said:

I don't get it Steven, are you saying that as you have been a fan for 32 years then you're not fickle? I don't get why your length of time supporting the club makes one fickle or not.

Er, yes. For if I was fickle I would have spent some of that time supporting some other club. And before you ask I haven't nor would I. :p :wink:

Hey every1 im new 2 the forum.
I been readin all this Micky Adams slating and its gettin borin now! U must realise how stupid u lot will look wen we get promoted and the signings ur doubting r the ones 2 thank! If anybody can get the likes of Wilcox and Tiatto 2 perform 4 us, then its Adams! And whats this about our youth system not producing good players?! Besides Tommy Wright of course.......and Petrescu.......and O'Grady.......Williamson? Shut your moaning you're like bitches!! :evil:

I think we should wait and see what the actual line up is going to be before we slaughter Adams. he needs at least two more defensive players, at least one attacker and another midfielder now McAteer has fallen through (anyone know the actual reason for that?) so the shape of the team is far from sorted.

i think Dublin is a great addition and will score goals, williams had a good finish to the season last year and looks a bright prospect, wilcox and tiatto aren't that exciting but i think they will be good squad players.

Morris and Canero could have a big impact for us if they can stay free of injury.

i say get behind him, i haven't seen many teams that look better than us in 'The Championship' (!!) yet.

We build a team for the future, young players with potential, and if these players don't live up to it, then we could be fighting relegation from the (old) division 1 then everyone will be up in arms that he didn't buy enough experienced players!

who ever he signs is a gamble it's less of a gamble buying the older proven players to get us up to the premier, get the money rolling in and then buy younger players who aren't such a gamble, who can play at premiership level at 19/20/21 and have proved they can where as we would be buying players same age who proved themselves at third second division level like big trev, cresswell etc.

Naughty Fox said:
Babylon said:
Right.... for the last time. GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS COST MONEY, WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE!!!!!! Have you all got goldfish memories!!!!!!!!

PLUS..... the side already has canero, morris, heath, stewart, williams, Wright, Benji, plus the youth teamers to join the squad. 5 of these will start!!!!!!!! HOW MANY YOUNG PLAYERS DO YOU F'ING WANT!!!!

Tell me this....

a) what other young players do you think we should get who cost nothing and dont want too much in wages.

b) What manager would do a better job with no money.

Nice try Babylon but you won't get an answer as I have tried twice on different threads. It all well and good people slagging MA off but his hands are tied :roll: . IF he had REAL money to spend he would not be signing players like Wilcox or Dublin, I think we can all agree on that 8)
I am not saying that MA is god and has never made mistakes, he has and he has admitted it, what pisses me off is he is getting slated on here for a situation that is not his fault, what else can he do, sign players like Delaney or Ellisson from lower leagues because they are young, no good but young, build a young crap team that gets nowhere in the Fizzy and gets slated for doing that. :roll:
For the record, I do not like the situation we are in, the club has been run by idoits for years, even when MON was here. I agree with alot of the points being raised by Southern,Steven and others about the club, but I hope that this is all short term and the new board after stabling the ship can change that and we can move forward allowing MA (or whoever is in charge at the time) to build a team worthy of all of us 'passionate' supporters, this is going to take time and we need to be patient.
KTH

Good sense.

I have been critical of the club -but recognise that MA's hands are tied. He's obviously trying to make the best of a very difficult situation.No one (who would come here) is likely to do any better given the situation -and we would probably have to settle for a less talented manager than the one we have.

Forgetting about managers - its pretty amazing how much damage was done by the previous board in such a very short time. become .And now the present board has given away the best players -and we're all supposed to be quite cheerful -seems fair to me!!

I'm a bit surprised that MA is hanging on.

Redditch Fox said:
Naughty Fox said:
Babylon said:
Right.... for the last time. GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS COST MONEY, WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE!!!!!! Have you all got goldfish memories!!!!!!!!

PLUS..... the side already has canero, morris, heath, stewart, williams, Wright, Benji, plus the youth teamers to join the squad. 5 of these will start!!!!!!!! HOW MANY YOUNG PLAYERS DO YOU F'ING WANT!!!!

Tell me this....

a) what other young players do you think we should get who cost nothing and dont want too much in wages.

b) What manager would do a better job with no money.

Nice try Babylon but you won't get an answer as I have tried twice on different threads. It all well and good people slagging MA off but his hands are tied :roll: . IF he had REAL money to spend he would not be signing players like Wilcox or Dublin, I think we can all agree on that 8)
I am not saying that MA is god and has never made mistakes, he has and he has admitted it, what pisses me off is he is getting slated on here for a situation that is not his fault, what else can he do, sign players like Delaney or Ellisson from lower leagues because they are young, no good but young, build a young crap team that gets nowhere in the Fizzy and gets slated for doing that. :roll:
For the record, I do not like the situation we are in, the club has been run by idoits for years, even when MON was here. I agree with alot of the points being raised by Southern,Steven and others about the club, but I hope that this is all short term and the new board after stabling the ship can change that and we can move forward allowing MA (or whoever is in charge at the time) to build a team worthy of all of us 'passionate' supporters, this is going to take time and we need to be patient.
KTH

Good sense.

I have been critical of the club -but recognise that MA's hands are tied. He's obviously trying to make the best of a very difficult situation.No one (who would come here) is likely to do any better given the situation -and we would probably have to settle for a less talented manager than the one we have.

Forgetting about managers - its pretty amazing how much damage was done by the previous board in such a very short time. become .And now the present board has given away the best players -and we're all supposed to be quite cheerful -seems fair to me!!

I'm a bit surprised that MA is hanging on.

I will never critisise MA, until the day he is given the financial backing that MON was given which was about right for a club our size. Until that day micky is doing his best to get in who he can on a very limited budget.

If we are to call for any heads it should be board members that are still around from the era that ****ed us up financially!!! And certainly not MA who is the one person actually holding this club together at the moment.... should he go i would fear free fall!!!!

I will never critisise MA, until the day he is given the financial backing that MON was given which was about right for a club our size. Until that day micky is doing his best to get in who he can on a very limited budget.

If we are to call for any heads it should be board members that are still around from the era that **** us up financially!!! And certainly not MA who is the one person actually holding this club together at the moment.... should he go i would fear free fall!!!![/quote]

Agreed Babylon.

PT was an inexperienced manager who was obviously going OTT on purchases/ contracts presumably in a desparate attempt to maintain MON standards. The chairman was John Elsom but other directors had the same responsibility to ensure the club acted sensibly. It was not about TV contracts or anything else but sheer stupidity. Now MA is landed with fairly high expectations and no resources. No one from the previous regime should have been allowed to be remain involved with the club.

Don't you think that board's get the blame to often - if they don't back the managers transfer targets with cash they get blamed for no ambition. If they do back them and the manager buys badly, they get the blame for poor housekeeping.

Keep it simple - just blame Peter Taylor.

Sheen Fox said:
Don't you think that board's get the blame to often - if they don't back the managers transfer targets with cash they get blamed for no ambition. If they do back them and the manager buys badly, they get the blame for poor housekeeping.

yeah peter taylor, but also john elsom for agreeing to ludacris contracts, want junior lewis on 20k a week, i heard somewhere.

Sheen Fox said:

Its true that the board was criticised for many years for refusing to speculate in the transfer market. However, the transfer fees paid out during Taylor's time looked like an eratic switch in policy -even then - & we didn't know about the wage levels agreed at the time. Its a puzzle to me how Taylor's dealings got sanctioned. I would be interested to know if any 'insiders' warned that this was a potential disaster course.

Redditch Fox said:

If we are to call for any heads it should be board members that are still around from the era that **** us up financially!!! And certainly not MA who is the one person actually holding this club together at the moment.... should he go i would fear free fall!!!!

Agreed Babylon.

PT was an inexperienced manager who was obviously going OTT on purchases/ contracts presumably in a desparate attempt to maintain MON standards. The chairman was John Elsom but other directors had the same responsibility to ensure the club acted sensibly. It was not about TV contracts or anything else but sheer stupidity. Now MA is landed with fairly high expectations and no resources. No one from the previous regime should have been allowed to be remain involved with the club.[/quote]

good point well made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758