Lee Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.
This not some sort of joke but is he injured again? There were pictures of him training with the squad at the start of pre-season and I'd have thought he would have been played for at least part of a game if he had been fit. In the small bits we have seen it looked like he could be good and at least worth a try while DC was out.

gloucesterfox said:
This not some sort of joke but is he injured again?

Is the pope catholic?

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~690808,00.html

Craig Levein today revealed some positive news on the injury front as his squad continue to prepare for the Championship kick-off against Sheffield United on August 6.

The City boss was without a number of key first team players for his side's friendly clash against Inter Milan at the Walkers Stadium on Monday night.

But Levein is confident that he will have the majority of his players fit and available once again for Leicester's final pre-season friendly game against Oxford United on Saturday afternoon.

He said: "David Connolly has been rested of late, mainly because of a concern over a groin strain. But I'd imagine he will play against Oxford United on Saturday.

"Rab Douglas has had an injection in his foot, but I am also confident that he will be fit for Saturday.

"Stephen Hughes did some ball work on Tuesday morning, but he is still a little bit sore. I had hoped he would play against Rushden but it doesn't look like that is going to be possible. He is probably one for Saturday as well.

"Patrick Kisnorbo is improving. We have now got to the bottom of his cartilage problem and he has had an operation. The plan is that he will be back playing in a fortnight.

"Joey Gudjonsson is over in Iceland at the moment on compassionate leave and he will return on Thursday.

"All in all we should have a fairly fit and healthy squad come the weekend."

Lee Morris not mentioned as being injured, but I suspect that is because it's just assumed, rather than any possibility of him being fit!

:062:

Morris Seen At Training Ground!

Morris spotted at Belvoir Drive

invisible%20man_WEB.jpg

DesertFox said:
Lee Morris not mentioned as being injured, but I suspect that is because it's just assumed, rather than any possibility of him being fit!

:062:

Surely, Lee Morris's agent insisted on a clause being placed in his contract at the time that Micky swooped, stipulating that his client would never be fit to play.

Speculation is that the Board accepted the clause on DB's advice on the grounds that we could never attract such a talented player if he was likely to be ever fit to play football.

Seems reasonable to me.

drummindefender said:
at least lee morris has played for us though

Oh Yeah that 10 minutes he had before collapsing in agony while overreaching tying up his Boots...get rid I say.

good news - the bandages are now off:

frank_spencer.jpg

well i wasn't defending him i was just saying that morris has appeared (although it very briefly) in a Leicester shirt, while woodgate has never even played for the real madrid reserves let alone the senior side.

drummindefender said:
well i wasn't defending him i was just saying that morris has appeared (although it very briefly) in a Leicester shirt, while woodgate has never even played for the real madrid reserves let alone the senior side.

I think that whilst there is a further similarity in that both were transferred with injuries - Morris - to a greater extent than Woodgate - has a career - long history of chronic injuries.

That said, Woodgate cost Real serious money -whilst Morris didn't. Morris cost roughly £100k ?. Although of course, it was money that the LCFC could not afford and looked ridiculous at the time. Just one example of the poor management inflicted on supporters post-MON - this season will tell whether there has been any real improvement.

I for one am gutted, I have seen this lad play blinders for the sheep before and really hoped we'd got a steal.

Seems MA didn't do the appropriate homework on this, although if we can get him playing again, I think he could be blistering.

I saw him come on the pitch. Dont think I ever actually saw him play any football though.

just saw on sky sports news that woodgate has now said he hasn't had a break down and will travel with the rest of the squad to austria for pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669