Leeds 1-2 Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps (IMO) the best time to close it would have been once the enthusiasm of last night's result had worn off, ie in a couple of days time. Clearly the length of the thread would not have put people off posting in it.

Are we to assume that any other threads nearing the thousand mark will be closed off ?

The fact that they have got to a thousand posts shows the poularity of the thread surely?

It's a thread for people to laugh at Leeds and make personal random comments about them, why would it matter what has already been said? Surely It makes sense to keep all Leeds abuse in one thread regardless of the size,

It wasn't used that way last night, it was used to talk about last night's match. There have been several occasions during the life of that thread when it would have been more sensible to start a new one to talk about something specific.

Someone who doesn't visit the site often would have had to read 900ish posts in that thread last night before seeing anything about the Millwall match. Where's the sense in that?

the people posting in it have never moaned of having problems with the size of it have they.

The people who posted in that thread are generally the people who spend a lot of time on the site and read every post. A large thread is no problem for them. But there are many more people who don't spend much time on the site and threads of that size make the site a nightmare to use. I'm trying to make the forum welcoming for everyone, not just a few regulars.

Last edited:
Perhaps (IMO) the best time to close it would have been once the enthusiasm of last night's result had worn off, ie in a couple of days time. Clearly the length of the thread would not have put people off posting in it.

I bet we had more posts on the subject as a result of having a specific thread for last night's match.

Are we to assume that any other threads nearing the thousand mark will be closed off ?

That depends on the individual thread. If people used common sense threads in the football parts of the site would never get that long.

The fact that they have got to a thousand posts shows the poularity of the thread surely?

I think it's more likely that people are just too lazy to start new threads.

The people who posted in that thread are generally the people who spend a lot of time on the site and read every post. A large thread is no problem for them. But there are many more people who don't spend much time on the site and threads of that size make the site a nightmare to use. I'm trying to make the forum welcoming for everyone, not just a few regulars.

Ohh so the regulars don't matter do they ? fine way to treat those who have been here through thick and thin,who stood by you and didn't feck off to Foxestalk etc.Now its all 'this for the new people,that for the new people'.You want to realise which side your bread is buttered...

Ohh so the regulars don't matter do they ?

I didn't say that, stop trying to stir it up.

Regular posters will benefit from sensible use of new threads too, it will make it easier to see what's being discussed.

We just need to get people out of the habit of finding an old thread to use when it's more sensible to start a new one.

Regular posters will benefit from sensible use of new threads too, it will make it easier to see what's being discussed.

We just need to get people out of the habit of finding an old thread to use when it's more sensible to start a new one.

Why don't you ask the regular posters what they would prefer instead of steamrolling your own ideas on to them.....this is exactly how Nazi Germany started

Last edited:
Okay I admit, it was my fault!

But Jeff in your explanation as to why you closed the thread perhaps you should have started a new thread for you explantion, instead of using up valuable posting space in the Leeds 1-2 Millwall thread. :icon_wink

If anyone seriously thinks the 80ish posts we've had about last night's match should have been tacked onto the end of a 900 post thread that was started in 2006, please can they explain why.

Because they were posts directed at 'laughing at Leeds' ?

I see the silly season has begun on here already.

Don't you go pretending this is unimportant..to some of us this is very imporatant but then again you are one of them so you are bound to trivialise this blatant act of chestbeating powerism

God I'm bored today....

You didn't say that - but perhaps regular posters do need to realise that this place is not just for them.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

'Everyone loves us, everyone loves us. We are Millwall, Super Millwall! We are Millwall who seen off Leeds'

I think Millwall are equally as bad as Leeds myself and would hope one of the other two win

Last edited:
If anyone seriously thinks the 80ish posts we've had about last night's match should have been tacked onto the end of a 900 post thread that was started in 2006, please can they explain why.

No, I agree that the match comments should have been in their own thread and was pleased to see them moved into the seperate thread, however, I can't see where that should result in the closing of the original one though.

Haven't been terrified by Millwall fans when I went there in the 80's I can't forgive.Hope Scunny or even Plastic Utd beat them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669