Leeds 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck me, you went to this one and you still don't know what happened :icon_lol:

Weale 7 - Safe pair of hands, dealt with everything with confidence.
Naughton 7 - Dangerous going forward, did good work for his goal.
Davies 8 - Simply enormous. Calm and confident.
Hobbs 7 - Strong performance. Loves playing with Davies.
Berner 7 - Much better. Useful going forward and reasonably solid at the back.
Wellens 7 - Considerable improvement. When he cuts out the aimless cross-field balls and upfield punts direct to opposing defenders he's much more effective.
Oakley 7 - Looks much fresher this season than last, when he looked to be way past his best.
King 9 - Ran the game. This boy reads the game as well as any player I've seen in a City shirt.
Moussa 8 - Brilliant. Very dangerous going forward, beat good players with relative ease over and over again.
Waghorn 6 - Some good moments but seems too desperate to pay back his price tag.
Gallagher 3 - Dire. Nothing he tried worked. He gets 3 because some of his passes were on target. Felt bad for him, because it seems we're signing a player who plays in his position. Performances like this most likely will see him overlooked.
Subs:
Abe 6 - Much better. Almost as if someone had told him what his job was.
Howard 6 - Not a bad 15 minutes or so. Good impact player.

Would pretty much agree with that.
I think your being a bit harsh on Gallagher. He wasn't great but wasn't dire. To me he doesn't look fit.

Last edited:
It's so relieving to see the defence being calm and more organised again. I just hope Sven can extend Davies' loan.
King is becoming better and better with every game - I just hope we can hold on to him.
Oakley and Wellens played alright..I just find Wellens a bit slow and sometimes gets caught dwelling on the ball.
I feel Gallagher wasn't suited on the right hand side. Whereas Mousse (and Lloyd) run at the defence, he likes to play a Wellens-esque ball into the box/plays a fancy trick and slows the play down.
I agree that Waghorn is trying too hard but he holds the ball up well and will get better the more games he plays.
Forget Darius Vassell - we want Rooney Sven.

Curtis Davies is simply superb. I remember watching him play for Luton at the Walkers a while back and thinking how good he was then. Not sure we have a hope, but please we get to hold on to him for a while yet..

Curtis Davies is simply superb. I remember watching him play for Luton at the Walkers a while back and thinking how good he was then. Not sure we have a hope, but please we get to hold on to him for a while yet..

I fear the loan will end in a similar fashion to Mark Davies and he will join a prem club

31 October that was.... Halloween. We certainly treated them to a footballing feast...

30th Alex....Halloween was the day after. I remember this because I went Macclesfield v Bradfud and Macc's mascot was in Halloween get-up, then some kids played trick or treat on my car as I was about to leave. I sat behind Brian Deane. No Sapplepants though, he was injured...what a talent, such a shame.

Yes, certainly a feast. Up there with the one of the best away performances City have managed in my time of watching. Gave QPR a bit of lesson after a dodgy start, magic atmosphere too. Equal top bar the goal difference and our season went on a great run until the day doom at noon against Florist. The game was also remembered because I seen some horrid QPR fan and Dad whack his son in full sight of the coppers.

Good job I made the connection as I have remembered that my car is due it's MOT now.

Saw the goals on SSN this morning. Lovely finish by Big Steve

Our local BBC news up here showed Steve Howard's goal this morning, and didn't show Leeds goal at all, and it was well taken - set up well by King. The clip then cut to Sven looking very happy at the end and a posh looking blond woman in a fur coat posing with him for a photo.

I know some esteemed members hate hypotheticals, but anyone got a view on what our best current team is when everyone (Dyer, Fryatt) is available.

For me, it'd be:

Weale

Naughton
Davies
Hobbs
Berner

Wellens
Oakley

Moussa
King
Dyer

Fryatt

I think that looks a fairly tasty line-up, especially when you consider it leaves out Morrison, Gally, Waggy, Big Steve, Abe and plenty more.

Looking forward to the trip to Wales now...

Would pretty much agree with that.
I think your being a bit harsh on Gallagher. He wasn't great but wasn't dire. To me he doesn't look fit.

Stringer and Young on RL were commenting that there might be something wrong with his back. He was stretching it out just before the second half began. Could be back spasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669