Leeds fans disgrace themselves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got the maximum punishment available to the judge, the judge used is very experienced, what do you expect her to have done?
Not a legal expert but surely:
Contravening banning order
Entering the field of play
Assault
Drunk at a sporting venue
Conduct likely to cause breach of the peace

Should equate to more than 4 months if run consecutively. All it needed was a little thought....

Last edited:
Not a legal expert but surely:
Contravening banning order
Entering the field of play
Assault
Drunk at a sporting venue
Conduct likely to cause breach of the peace

Should equate to more than 4 months if run consecutively. All it needed was a little thought....

Definitely not a legal expert then, half of those are civil matters and punishable by fines or community orders as a maximum and judges are generally advised not to give consecutive sentences even in serious cases.

Last edited:
Definitely not a legal experet then, half of those are civil matters .

I would be interested to know which half you think are civil matters.

I would be interested to know which half you think are civil matters.

I've proved I'm not a legal expert as well then, must take advice before posting, other than the civil part the rest of my post is accurate.

When is the lynching?

I've proved I'm not a legal expert as well then, must take advice before posting,

I'm sure you've got better things to do over the breakfast table.

...other than the civil part the rest of my post is accurate.

It's true that the magistrates could have acted in no other way. What might have been meant by the F!"£$t fan is that the police/CPS could have been more imaginative in their charging strategy. If the authorities are going to get a grip on this kind of behaviour, 4-month sentences are not the way forward.

When is the lynching?

You or the Leeds fan?
:icon_wink

I'm sure you've got better things to do over the breakfast table.

It's true that the magistrates could have acted in no other way. What might have been meant by the F!"£$t fan is that the police/CPS could have been more imaginative in their charging strategy. If the authorities are going to get a grip on this kind of behaviour, 4-month sentences are not the way forward.

You or the Leeds fan?
:icon_wink

Thing is it wasn't a magistrate, they used a very experienced Judge for this and she had no other options, as you say the CPS could have charged more aggressively but this would have gone to trial and is a lottery.

We all want this type of idiot removed from the game but the mechanism for doing this is totally useless, either the police treat us all like criminals or they are seen to be doing nothing, they don't seem to have any ability to weed out the trouble makers even when they are obvious.

Mine.

Thing is it wasn't a magistrate, they used a very experienced Judge for this and she had no other options, as you say the CPS could have charged more aggressively but this would have gone to trial and is a lottery.

We all want this type of idiot removed from the game but the mechanism for doing this is totally useless, either the police treat us all like criminals or they are seen to be doing nothing, they don't seem to have any ability to weed out the trouble makers even when they are obvious.

Mine.

Exactly. As your good wife keeps saying, watching football is not a crime. Crimes commited whilst watching it should therefore not be treated any more seriously.

Thing is it wasn't a magistrate,

No. It was a District Judge, sitting in a Magistrates' Court. Mea culpa.

they used a very experienced Judge for this and she had no other options

... because she was sitting in a Magistrates' Court. This is what I should have said.

as you say the CPS could have charged more aggressively but this would have gone to trial and is a lottery.

Unless he had pleaded guilty. And even without such a plea, there would still have been plenty of inarguable evidence.

All of this is very true. It does worry me though 'the average fan' does seem to provide so much succour and support to such people who so much damage the game.

You have to behave much more badly to deserve a lynching, you disgusting masochist!!

Exactly. As your good wife keeps saying, watching football is not a crime. Crimes commited whilst watching it should therefore not be treated any more seriously.

Perhaps all crimes of violence need to be treated more seriously wherever they take place.

Perhaps all crimes of violence need to be treated more seriously wherever they take place.

And perhaps more football supporters should be willing to report the antisocial elements in and around the grounds

But at least hold parity with the pacifist disruption of a boating event?

But at least hold parity with the pacifist disruption of a boating event?
A man found guilty after trial of a completely different offence, which carries a maximum life sentence, as opposed to 6 months?

Not saying I agree, Maws. It will be interesting to see if Trenton Olfield decides to challenge his right to protest further.

And perhaps more football supporters should be willing to report the antisocial elements in and around the grounds

I tried to report some guys behind us being abusive and out of order, the steward just laughed and went and told the guys what I'd said, which resulted in more aggro as they stood in the aisle shouting at us. Not worth it, it seems.

I tried to report some guys behind us being abusive and out of order, the steward just laughed and went and told the guys what I'd said, which resulted in more aggro as they stood in the aisle shouting at us. Not worth it, it seems.

Should have asked for the stewards name and reported his total failure to do his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669